Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Cool unusual specs.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Neryth

06-23-2010

Quote:
Clinz:
And here's the screenie

http://www.glowfoto.com/static_image/22-114058L/7417/jpg/06/2010/img4/glowfoto

Somewhat unrelated, but this screenshot screams low ELO to me. Just look at their Veigar/Cho'Gath builds and team composition in general and try not to keel over in laughter. It would be hard to get a bad K ratio in that situation, so it's really not much to brag about.

Honestly, tons of unorthodox builds are viable at lower ELOs, and even mid ELO. People probably sneer at me when I run Cho'Gath with Clarity+Ignite. This sneer disappears once they realize that they make about 80 gold a minute because they have to hide -way- back to avoid constant Rupture harass fueled by Clarity and Cho's passive. Combine this with early game Regrowth Pendant and you have Cho'Gath - The Jerkass of the Void, using his amazing staying power to deprive the enemy champs of gold, XP, and liberty. If they question Cho's early game domination and make themselves out to be daredevils, Ignite is a good way of teaching them their place.

And then I eat them, of course.

Mid game, I go home and put on some boots, Warmogs, and work towards Atma's Impaler. Note that this is due to generally ****ty team composition in solo queues, so there's either a second tank on my team, or the enemy team lacks the damage output to warrant further beefing up of my Cho build. This naturally progresses to 300 damage crits and the enemy team's starved champs running in fear at Cho'Gath's ability to do about 2000 damage and then set you on fire within a few seconds. Against competent/premade teams, you need Guardian's Angel, Banshee's Veil, etc. so you can't afford to waste cash on an Infinity Edge. However, if you did a good job at harassing the **** out of the enemy team early game, you can probably indulge in more AD items and solo devour squishies/carries in the jungle during midgame.

Late game, Cho'Gath is still a 4000~5000 HP monster despite also forking out 300+ damage crits to the enemy champs. While this does mean you have **** for armor/magic resist, people generally see all of the black lines on your health bar and **** themselves in terror regardless. In team fights, your HP and the fact that you're Cho is often enough to deter the enemy team from dealing with you. This is a critical error, because you're built to crunchify anything that isn't a tank. They will soon discover this.

My Cho build isn't high ELO by any means, but often, the conventional Cho build actually fails a fair bit in lower-mid ELOs, where stacking armor/magic resist is excessive against rather incompetent opponents, and your teammates aren't always smart enough to take advantage of the sheer resilience and AoE debuffs you're spitting out. From my experience, more firepower would make it so you don't have to rely entirely on sometimes unreliable teammates to gobble mother****ers up.

Also, it's always fun out DPSing the enemy carry.

p.s. @ Clinz, having 2000 HP 23 minutes into the game makes you anything but a tank. You're basically assuming that your opponents are all trash and don't know how to nuke you or use CC, but since that seems to be working out for you in your screenshot, rock on, buddy.

Clinz

06-24-2010

Yeah, thing is burst would take me down quite easily due to low hp, but armor and resist makes up for it. My 2000 hp will last as long as someone else's 3500 hp, unless they buy armor/res. And what warwick is able to do is HEAL himself, more so than most healers are able to.

If I have 3000 hp, id heal myself for, say, 500... and that 500 disappears in an instant without armor and res. But if I have 2000 hp and armor/res, it is a different story, my heals will still do 500, but that 500 hp will last much longer.

In a 1v1 warwick will outheal the enemy's damage, in 1v2 or 1v3, warwick can kite his enemies, this means running away and turning around just to bite the enemy every 3-4 sec when the cooldown is ready.

The -real- tanks whose purpose is to run in, get their ass kicked in the place of their allies for a few moments.... their health drops, eventually, so when theyre full hp, sure they can take a burst without dying, and then they just gotta return.

With warwick, you need to be careful to avoid the burst, but you can last in game as long as you like, because so long as ur mana allows, your hp pops back up to full in seconds.

Do not forget, that screenshot, not much gold was spent to that point, so you can't compare a 3000-4000 hp chogath with 300 dmg to it. I have played a monster tank chogath in the past, but he definatly needs more tanking items than WW. on the other hand my warwick is still very good on damage.

Clinz

06-24-2010

PS. can someone tell me how to check my own ELO? I never played LoL competitively cuz i cant see a ranking list.

Yesterday i tried "clinz elo" in google and stumbled upon a forum thread of battleforge, and it made my day lol.

"Hello my name is Jimmy ( Phoonie ingame ) and my partner in crime Zappyx are making a clan. We are the best dutch players in holland and i am the best

At the moment we are recruiting good players so we can have clanwars vs other clans. We are searching only for legend players that can rape other legend players good example is Clinz. if you think your up for the task either whisper zappyx or phoonie ingame."

Been months since i stopped playin that and they use me as an example of a player that rapes legends (legend being the highest rank achieveable in game)

I'm pretty sure my ELO here isn't as good, because I play several different champs, not all of which im good at, still, how do I check it?

Astral Disaster

06-24-2010

My executioners calling owns warwicks bite. My exhaust/ignite ensures that WW gets rofled.

Clinz

06-24-2010

remind me what "executioner's calling" is

And yeah ignite is a ***** exhaust, not so much, but ww gets rofled? im not sure about that part, hes still a good fighter, and could always try to kite. Don't forget you're not the only one with summoner spells.

Nihili

06-24-2010

Quote:
Clinz:

I'm pretty sure my ELO here isn't as good, because I play several different champs, not all of which im good at, still, how do I check it?

You don't.

You can't check your Elo. I think you could ask someone from Riot nicely to tell you your Elo, but I guess they get a lot of people asking them for it and you would be ignored.

It may become public with Season 1 coming, but it may as well stay hidden.

Clinz

06-24-2010

Quote:
Metaspy:
Any character:
1) Infinity Edge
2) Infinity Edge
3) Infinity Edge
4) Infinity Edge
5) Infinity Edge
6) Infinity Edge

Lots and Lots of critical strike....

Possible improvements:

Swap an infinity edge for an item with atk speed, this way your huge hits will hit much more often.

Swap an infinity edge for an item with movement speed, this way, you will actually be able to catch up with your enemies and hit them, instead of being controlled from beginning to end. On the upside, items like boots are cheaper, thus faster to buy.

Get some armor penetration, since you already have high damage, the last whisper will further add to your attack speed, and also increase your overall damage by a big % especially against armored enemies.

Remove multiple items with UNIQUE passive/active stuff, if infinity edge's crit dmg increase is UNIQUE, then buying more than one will be a waste of gold. You can get a few armor, magic res, hp, dodge or even a slowing effect... Having a bit of everything makes you superior all round, than stacking on just a couple of stats.

FOX AFifthCyborg

06-24-2010

Quote:
Clinz:
PS. can someone tell me how to check my own ELO? I never played LoL competitively cuz i cant see a ranking list.

Yesterday i tried "clinz elo" in google and stumbled upon a forum thread of battleforge, and it made my day lol.

"Hello my name is Jimmy ( Phoonie ingame ) and my partner in crime Zappyx are making a clan. We are the best dutch players in holland and i am the best

At the moment we are recruiting good players so we can have clanwars vs other clans. We are searching only for legend players that can rape other legend players good example is Clinz. if you think your up for the task either whisper zappyx or phoonie ingame."

Been months since i stopped playin that and they use me as an example of a player that rapes legends (legend being the highest rank achieveable in game)

As of right now, you cannot.

We can only roughly estimate what your Elo is.

and it's not ELO, it's Elo. It's actually a guy's name. I know, weird, right?

Neryth

06-24-2010

Quote:
Clinz:
Yeah, thing is burst would take me down quite easily due to low hp, but armor and resist makes up for it. My 2000 hp will last as long as someone else's 3500 hp, unless they buy armor/res. And what warwick is able to do is HEAL himself, more so than most healers are able to.

This is fine and all, but burst -completely destroys- you with only 2000~ HP. Your build can't really be considered a tank, but rather a highly sustainable fighter.

Quote:
If I have 3000 hp, id heal myself for, say, 500... and that 500 disappears in an instant without armor and res. But if I have 2000 hp and armor/res, it is a different story, my heals will still do 500, but that 500 hp will last much longer.

Judging from that screenshot, I seriously suspect you aren't playing against competent opponents. As I stated previously, your ELO can't be that high if you're running into those sort of players. Still, your build does seem feasible at a lower ELO bracket (not much isn't).

Quote:
In a 1v1 warwick will outheal the enemy's damage, in 1v2 or 1v3, warwick can kite his enemies, this means running away and turning around just to bite the enemy every 3-4 sec when the cooldown is ready.

Good luck against anyone who understands what the term "CC" means.

Quote:
The -real- tanks whose purpose is to run in, get their ass kicked in the place of their allies for a few moments.... their health drops, eventually, so when theyre full hp, sure they can take a burst without dying, and then they just gotta return.

With warwick, you need to be careful to avoid the burst, but you can last in game as long as you like, because so long as ur mana allows, your hp pops back up to full in seconds.

I'm not sure if you realize the importance of late game team fights, or if you've even actually experienced any yet. The game can end in under 60 seconds, easily, if your team gets aced or whittled down to only 1~2 champions remaining. Your Warwick's ability to remain on the field nearly indefinitely won't make a difference if he gets focused down and your Nexus explodes.

Quote:
Do not forget, that screenshot, not much gold was spent to that point, so you can't compare a 3000-4000 hp chogath with 300 dmg to it. I have played a monster tank chogath in the past, but he definatly needs more tanking items than WW. on the other hand my warwick is still very good on damage.

My intention isn't to create a direct comparison between your Warwick build and my Cho'Gath build, but I can't help but respond to this comment.

Your Warwick at that point (Glacial Shroud, Spirit Visage, Recurve Bow, Madred's Razors, Pickaxe, Ninja Tabi) =

-----
6900 gold

versus

What Cho'Gath needs to get 3k~4k HP and approximately 300 damage crits (Warmogs, Ninja Tabi, Atma's Impaler) =

-----
6455 gold

tl;dr wall of text, I personally don't believe a Warwick with a spec so focused on rapidly healing/sustainability is feasible in a real match. Low ELOs are fine for the vast majority of "unorthodox" builds, but ultimately what you need is adaptability. If you continue to play your Warwick and you continue to meet the sort of success you are currently meeting, you'll almost inevitably find that your build is going to have to evolve to keep up with the pace of other players. I'm certain that is the reason why you're being hated on so much in this thread. Players on this subforum like to see builds/guides that perform well in more than just the lower ELO bracket, because let's face it. There are -lots- of cheese builds that will succeed down there (Sunfire stacked Eve/Shaco, for one). I'm pretty sure there are high ELO players who will read my little explanation of how I play Cho and make the same sort of comments, saying crit Cho is ******ed etc. because of the level at which they play. It seems pretty natural that you'd get bashed on if you didn't explicitly state that those specs are newbie oriented or some such. To be honest, I only bothered to read through the Warwick spec since I've been considering purchasing him, so I'll refrain from discussing any of the other specs.

I can see your WW build working against relatively fresh players, but not against a premade or the like.

FOX AFifthCyborg

06-24-2010

Quote:
Clinz:
Possible improvements:

Swap an infinity edge for an item with atk speed, this way your huge hits will hit much more often.

Swap an infinity edge for an item with movement speed, this way, you will actually be able to catch up with your enemies and hit them, instead of being controlled from beginning to end. On the upside, items like boots are cheaper, thus faster to buy.

Get some armor penetration, since you already have high damage, the last whisper will further add to your attack speed, and also increase your overall damage by a big % especially against armored enemies.

Remove multiple items with UNIQUE passive/active stuff, if infinity edge's crit dmg increase is UNIQUE, then buying more than one will be a waste of gold. You can get a few armor, magic res, hp, dodge or even a slowing effect... Having a bit of everything makes you superior all round, than stacking on just a couple of stats.

The critical damage increase is unique, but the point is that IE has +80 damage, which is the highest of all unstacked items. (Bloodthirster/Occult beat it if you have enough stacks).