[Guide] AP Akali Bring the Burst

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tarmac

01-03-2011

See I'd really put more consideration into using Exhaust not because of the slow effect but primarilly because it blinds the target and with the mastery it also reduces magic resist and armor for the duration. Those two extra aspect of the spell could potentially mean the difference between you losing a 1v1 or even being able to take on a 1v2 by exhausting on, bursting down the other and then when the exhaust wears out, you take out the first guy.

Blistful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2011

The extra movement speed is a tad redundant on Akali, since Rylai's should be your first finished item you get, and the slow is more than enough to chase people down.

I would replace the Phage for a hextech, or abyssal since the extra spell vamp can be gained from brute+doran's, and the percentage slow for melee attacks barely do anything on top of the rylais slow.

TheZMan32

09-11-2012

So im kinda new at forums, but i love Akali and am fairly decent with her. I have had alot of time to test different builds/runes/masteries, and i thought i'd jump in here. No offense meant towards anyone, really.

For builds, I found that hextech revolver > rylais > lich bane > Rabadons is the best way to really get the most out of your burst. At this point ur next basic attack is doing 800 damage...thats alot fot an ap champ i think. After rabadons u can really just experiment on ur own. I prefer to do void staff for magic pen and gunblade to finish, but thats just me.

On runes, it seems to be best to get ur passives working at level one. it maximises damage output so u can snowball quickly into a deadly killing machine. To do this, attack damage marks, and ap runes and quints works best.

Once again, i apologize if this is too much or offending to the original creator of this guide. This is my first forum post.

Jesot

09-11-2012

Wow necro...

Strixie

09-13-2012

Have to disagree with the AP aspect of this build. Been playing Akali as my main since olaf was released and usually get 15-30 kills (had 50 once, another story). For awhile she was not touched, and AP was the only spec to go, all her skills scale off AP, so why would you do anything else?

Unfortunately! They have hit her AP ratios with a nerf stick so hard that such builds no longer work. Your Q no longer half shots teemo, nor does it make Twitch go running home for healthpots. Triforce is the way to go now (granted, I would have laughed at myself in the face for saying that a year ago).

Trinity force - Hextech - Rageblade

In my opinion those are her core items now. Feel free to disagree, but for people picking up Akali I would give triforce a shot.