[Support Champion] Seisei, the Pure

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NinjaGypsy Kitty

09-05-2011

Seisei, the Pure

LORE:

In Ionia there exists a place so pure that it repels destructive magic and darkness. The Godai Temple is home to the highly spiritual priestesses who seek to purify the magic that have ravaged the land.

With the recent destruction of Kalamanda village, the Institute of War have requested the help from Seisei the Priestess to help reverse the effect of the Crystal Scar.

CHAMPION CONCEPT:

Attachment 265018
A japanese priestess to fit with the Ionian theme. Wearing red divided trousers tied with a bow, white kimono jacket along with red/white hair ribbons.

Attachment 265019
Traditionally, Miko uses red lacquer longbow and arrows along with paper charm to repel and purify evils. They are also experts in fortune telling and divinity.

ABILITIES:

[Passive] Sacred Archery
Seisei has a 20/25/30% chance to cast an arrow ability twice for no extra mana cost after a short delay. The second shot will double the spell's original effect however dealing half the damage.

Delay: 0.5s

[Q] Purifying Arrow
Shoots a sacred arrow in a line dealing damage while removing a buff on the first enemy champion hit and a debuff on the first ally champion.

Casting delay: 0.5s
Range: 1400
Mana Cost: 75/105/135/165/195
Cooldown: 13/12/11/10/9
Damage: 80/120/150/180/210 (+80% AP)

NOTE: This is a skill-shot with width similar to Morgana's Dark Binding or Lux's Light Binding. The bonus shot of this ability will be shot in the same direction as the first. The passive delay time and casting time for the bonus shot will not stack, it remains at 0.5 second after the first arrow.

Visual Effect: Blue glowing arrow flying swiftly, leaving behind a trail of blue light. Arrow speed should be moderately fast.

[W] Sealing Arrow
Shoots a magical arrow to temporary seal a target's movement speed. If the target is shot twice in succession by this spell, they will be damaged and snared for 1.5 second. Slow lasts 4 seconds.

Range: 700
Mana Cost: 50/60/70/80/90
Cooldown: 9
Slow: 8/11/14/17/20%
Magic Damage: 60/100/140/180/220 (+60% AP)

Visual Effect: Purple glowing arrow flying, explodes into a flash of purple light upon hit. The snare animation is like a seal ( little bit like Le Blanc's Ethereal Chain) but purple in colour.

[E] Amplifying Arrow
Shoots an empowered arrow to an enemy target. Targeted enemy takes bonus damage from Seisei's ally champions. If the target is shot twice in succession by this spell, Seisei's passive effect chance will be doubled for 5 seconds. Bonus damage effect lasts for 5 seconds.

Range: 700
Mana Cost: 70
Cooldown: 12
Bonus Damage: 3/4/5/6/7%

Visual Effect: Red glowing arrow flying, upon hit it pierces through the target. Bonus shot leaves two red arrows pierced on the target.

[R] Sapphire Barrier of Divinity
Channels a powerful barrier to protect nearby ally champions except Seisei, absorbing damage for 4 seconds.

Radius: 1000
Mana Cost: 225/300/375
Cooldown: 100
Damage Absorb: 20/30/40% (+1% per 50 AP)

Visual Effect: A little bit like Janna's Monsoon with a defined light blue outline of a circle. Instead of effect going outward like Janna, the barrier's effect extends upward, like blue water effect floating upward.

Thanks for reading, please feel free leave any suggestions.

EDIT: After reading the feedback, there are things I need to clarify.
Seisei's passive doesn't double the duration of the spells, just the effect.
[Q] Purifying Arrow benefits from the passive by firing 2 separate arrows with the second doing 50% of the damage.

Mizarina

09-05-2011

I like this, feels like a champion that could to both nice ranged damage with some added support, would like seing it in game =)

jrg7777

09-05-2011

The first part of your passive looks pretty good and original, yet the second part I'm not too thrilled about (especially the way it interacts with your other abilities, at least reference-wise). More on this later.

The mana cost on that Purifying Arrow looks a bit steep...I mean I get that it can be a supporting spell, but in all honesty, that cost sounds to me to be that of a healing spell (very potent at that). You also mention that this ability is not affected by your passive, which feels rather awkward (for me at least) that you have 3 of the same "sort" of abilities yet they don't all benefit from the passive. (This is obviously a personal choice, it's fine I suppose).

Reaching your [W] skill is where the confusion starts. Your passive states: "The second shot will double the spell's original effect however dealing half the damage." Therefore, your slow on this ability, according to your passive (and without comments) should last 8 seconds (which is horrendously long); however, 1.5 of these seconds would be the snare (you got a snare over a slow: normally this is due to poor coordination of skills, but in this case, it's forced on by the same skill, which is repetitive and unnecessary).

Your [E] works well with the support role as well as with your passive (nice synergy there; I'm thinking highlight of this champ). The timings though can use some rethinking when factoring the passive into the equation (5 seconds of extra damage is already pretty buff; 10 seconds just feels way too much, especially when you're getting hit by 4 champs at the same time, each getting 7% extra on you, some of those being carries...others mages with 600 AP...the good stuff).

Finally, your ult (though seeming rather forced due to having 3 arrows and then...not an arrow...) does factor into support role well (cause it's sorta like a giant shield). However, I would recheck the ratio on this ability (The only champ I can find that does something similar is Malzahar, on his Null Zone ability, though quite frankly, this seems out of the blue; you're not the only one who's had it, it's just annoying to have a ratio different from the rest...).

All in all, I think this champ could work, just the passive does awkward or potentially hazardous things to your abilities.

NinjaGypsy Kitty

09-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrg7777 View Post
The first part of your passive looks pretty good and original, yet the second part I'm not too thrilled about (especially the way it interacts with your other abilities, at least reference-wise). More on this later.

The mana cost on that Purifying Arrow looks a bit steep...I mean I get that it can be a supporting spell, but in all honesty, that cost sounds to me to be that of a healing spell (very potent at that). You also mention that this ability is not affected by your passive, which feels rather awkward (for me at least) that you have 3 of the same "sort" of abilities yet they don't all benefit from the passive. (This is obviously a personal choice, it's fine I suppose).

Reaching your [W] skill is where the confusion starts. Your passive states: "The second shot will double the spell's original effect however dealing half the damage." Therefore, your slow on this ability, according to your passive (and without comments) should last 8 seconds (which is horrendously long); however, 1.5 of these seconds would be the snare (you got a snare over a slow: normally this is due to poor coordination of skills, but in this case, it's forced on by the same skill, which is repetitive and unnecessary).

Your [E] works well with the support role as well as with your passive (nice synergy there; I'm thinking highlight of this champ). The timings though can use some rethinking when factoring the passive into the equation (5 seconds of extra damage is already pretty buff; 10 seconds just feels way too much, especially when you're getting hit by 4 champs at the same time, each getting 7% extra on you, some of those being carries...others mages with 600 AP...the good stuff).

Finally, your ult (though seeming rather forced due to having 3 arrows and then...not an arrow...) does factor into support role well (cause it's sorta like a giant shield). However, I would recheck the ratio on this ability (The only champ I can find that does something similar is Malzahar, on his Null Zone ability, though quite frankly, this seems out of the blue; you're not the only one who's had it, it's just annoying to have a ratio different from the rest...).

All in all, I think this champ could work, just the passive does awkward or potentially hazardous things to your abilities.
[Q]'s in my opinion is a very powerful spell, being able to deal damage and removing buffs/debuffs of champions as it passes. Thus by having a moderately high mana cost it was intended to be casted at a decisive moment rather than spammed every time it's off cool down.

I apologize for not being clear enough on the the passive, it's half damage mechanic was meant for [Q] only. The spell is actually is affected by the passive but slightly different than the other two. The effect is doubled in a sense that two arrows firing would potentially removes up to 2 buffs/debuffs from up to 2 enemies/allies.

[W] Double effect not duration, thus the amount of slow would be doubled on top of the 1.5 second snare as the second arrow hits. It's kind of like a reverse effect of Nasus's Wither which intensifies at the start then dull down to a slow.

[E] Again, it is not the duration that is doubled (sorry again for not being clear).

[R] It's damage mitigation effect gives an edge in team fight where there are alot of burst DPS. Also, along with the rest of the abilities, it forces the champion to go into battle (as intended due to the change in support recently). With 400 AP as an example, it would gives 48% damage reduction for 4 seconds. Which can be interupted while channeling.

jrg7777

09-06-2011

Taric's Imbue costs 140 mana and is an extremely powerful heal, so I'm saying 195 mana is a lot for a basic ability. Indeed, it does have a high damage output and a powerful, secondary effect, but perhaps this warrants a separation of the two (remember, support isn't out to kill you outright, perhaps numbing the damage ouput of this ability would put her into more of the support role you want while making the ability not take your entire pool mana with 2 shots).

Thanks for the clarification, though this still means that you have a slow and snare from one ability at the same time? (I was pointing this out because it's just mechanically redundant, the snare essentially cancels out the slow...)

Alright, I'm still just wondering what potential hazards an enemy struck by this arrow would have...(4 fiddles = 4 sec death and yours lasts 5 seconds with a sorta total of 28% damage increase; course it doesn't work that way, just putting it in simple math terms).

The channeling definitely gives it a more skill oriented approach (skipped over that word, so I was harsher than I should've been; still though, basing ability ratios off something other than per 1 AP is kinda annoying; could always put .25% per AP but that's all up to you).