Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Mini(ish) Guide] Teemo - Stick and move.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Husbane

09-23-2009

Quote:
theErk:

i realise Nashor's tooth is very late in the build but you got about 45% cd reduction in there(10 for runes, 9 for masteries, 10 from codex and 15 from nashor) you could rearrange some runes or mix up the item build a bit so as not to "waste" 5%cd reduction.

another thing to note: the soulstealer is almost a steady item in my inventory, i often get many kills with teemo and the total whooping 140 ap for the low price of 1865g(i believe) is just to good to turn down.

Thanks, for the feedback. I've been thinking about the math on the CD reduction cap as you mentioned and as such have been substituting Soulstealer for Fiendish Codex when I take my 10% CD reduction page. More and more, I've been taking my tank page with him, which gives me ~7% AS, 10hp/p5 and 6% CD reduction, going that way, I'm only wasting %1 CD reduction, which isn't nearly as bad. The AS boost is really nice on him and you can never go wrong with a little HP/p5 especially early game.

Kudo's for catching that though, as I said, it's something that's been nagging at me.

J

Vukasa

09-23-2009

I just tried this guide and i absolutely luved it. I managed to pull off so many close calls and soloed against a rather nasty Gangplank and Twitch. It was by far the most fun ive had playing with Teemo, and i never seemed underpowered throughout.(unlike my cardmaster as of right now >.&gt

I think that the cd reductions are what made this guide so much more effective than other AP Teemos esp early on. If you were gonna scratch something i would recommend Nashor's Tooth, altho my game only lasted to Lich Bane before they surrendered i dont think its a necessity unlike the early codex.

funston

09-23-2009

Awesome guide. I just started playing Teemo a couple days ago and he is by far my favorite to play so far even though im still pretty bad w/ him. I've recently started to get the feel and have mastered the level 6-12 ganking pretty well against pubbers but my late game is slow and I tend to go fulltilt and die too often (played cho'gath before teemo so maybe u can understand)

anyways, badass guide, i play w/ regulars and the tower gank strat with mushrooms was so blatant, yet i never even though about it lol -- should be fun

teemo4lyfe

Shizz

Recruiter

09-23-2009

Quote:
funston:
Awesome guide. I just started playing Teemo a couple days ago and he is by far my favorite to play so far even though im still pretty bad w/ him. I've recently started to get the feel and have mastered the level 6-12 ganking pretty well against pubbers but my late game is slow and I tend to go fulltilt and die too often (played cho'gath before teemo so maybe u can understand)

anyways, badass guide, i play w/ regulars and the tower gank strat with mushrooms was so blatant, yet i never even though about it lol -- should be fun

teemo4lyfe

Teemo is also one of my favorites as of late. Keep in mind that Teemo is NOT a carry, so you should play him as a support champ.

Spam shrooms in all the areas that champs travel. There's an in-depth Shrooming strategy thread that you should check out under Strategies and Guides. Other than that, make sure you blinding dart their carry during team battles and lure them to your shrooms!

Husbane

09-23-2009

Quote:
funston:

teemo4lyfe

Glad you like it, I do find that AP Teemo is less of a factor as far as pure dps goes as the game progresses, especially if you're not full tilt AP, meaning you take some hp/mp items. However, at that point, the fun becomes baiting people in to team ganks and Teemo is probably one of the best baiters in the game, he's fast fast fast and late game people fear your mushrooms less, so they'll actually chase you. GL/HF

Husbane

09-23-2009

Quote:
Vukasa:
I think that the cd reductions are what made this guide so much more effective than other AP Teemos esp early on. If you were gonna scratch something i would recommend Nashor's Tooth, altho my game only lasted to Lich Bane before they surrendered i dont think its a necessity unlike the early codex.

I would tend to agree with you, however, I do feel that if you're going to take a Soulstealer, the sooner the better to fully reap it's passive. But my builds aren't concrete, there's plenty of AP items out there and they all server their purpose. The game will play out how it does and it's best to be adaptive.

Kimmy Gibler

09-23-2009

Instead of getting Nashor's Tooth I opted for Soulstealer, ended up 25-3-8 today.

09-23-2009

21/1/7

New personal record with AP Teemo.

Quote:
Paxad:
Instead of getting Nashor's Tooth I opted for Soulstealer, ended up 25-3-8 today.

Mmmm sounds good. I gonna try it. Thanks.

Clonesa

09-23-2009

Seem to have missed one important mushroom utility, which I guess would be: 6. Surveilance: Placing mushrooms around the map, particularily inside bushes, to observe enemy movement.

funston

09-23-2009

Oh man... Just a tip to anybody reading this thread...

Play Teemo with a late game Yi, run in their base for suicide mushroom drop missions. Watch Yi teleport in their base and take out half it. It's RIDICULOUS. Not only does it force the enemy team to teleport back, it can be used to team teleport and end the game after a couple enemy heroes are on respawn -- amazing.