Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Lifesteal on Ranged?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xeriana

05-23-2010

Does lifesteal work with ranged attacks? I tried it on Sivir and it didn't do anything. I've seen Twisted Fate gain life as attacking, but not sure how. It may have just been health regen. Any thoughts or help?

colloquial

Emissary of the League

05-23-2010

Life steal does work on ranged attacks. Its possible you didn't notice it because you either didn't have enough life steal to make it noticeable or you didn't have enough damage to make it noticeable. Also life steal will only work on your first attack with Sivir. So all the bounces will not steal life, just that first hit.

BbyKiller

05-24-2010

Aye, life steal affects ranged attacks. Just need to get a decent enough amount as well as some damage to make it noticeable. Also, to further clarify, life steal does not work on your boomerang blade or your ricochet. that would require spell vamp to receive health from it.

Loptyr

05-24-2010

As has been said, the ricochet bounces from Sivir's W ability will not give you lifesteal (or any other on-hit affects). It -will- give you lifesteal from the first target it hits, though.

I am curious, though: Do the ricochet bounces give you spell vamp? (Not that you should really -ever- build spell vamp items on sivir...) I'm not actually sure if the bounces are physical or (spell/magic) damage...

Chillspawn

05-24-2010

Quote:
Mormn:
As has been said, the ricochet bounces from Sivir's W ability will not give you lifesteal (or any other on-hit affects). It -will- give you lifesteal from the first target it hits, though.

I am curious, though: Do the ricochet bounces give you spell vamp? (Not that you should really -ever- build spell vamp items on sivir...) I'm not actually sure if the bounces are physical or (spell/magic) damage...

I doubt it since ricochet won't slow with rylais.