Mac Users

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

04-02-2010
9 of 9 Riot Posts

Yea I've since been enlightened on that, thanks for the clarification though!

PurpleCliff

04-02-2010

I'd just like to add my support for a Mac version, and I hope it might come pretty soon.

Chobimo

04-04-2010

I'd also like to add my support for a Mac compatible client.

A buddy of mine played DotA for years before moving onto LoL, and pestered me from time to time over those years to get one and join him, so I was disappointed to find out I'm unable to play after finally giving in. I know there are alternatives, but I'd rather not partition to install an OS that can be frustrating at times.

Epic post by Baniff. Haters, fanboys, and trolls can go away.

FingeredDander

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2010

I also am also very keen for a Mac version to be created. It would be awesome.

Octordia

04-06-2010

I would aslo love it if there was a Mac version of this game.

qszwax

04-10-2010

Can Riot debug why LOL is not working with wine (winhq) ?

Belle Father

04-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aregionius View Post
Yes, there is a plan to develop a Mac client, but because playability is available through bootcamp and for a few other reasons, there is no set timeline for a release yet.
Well if League of Legends came with a copy of Windows that we could use BootCamp with then maybe it would be worth the cost. But companies saying that there is boot camp is just not totally thinking of their customers as a whole but just the side that can get them the most money. But also they charge real world money to get different character skins. So they are really bring in the cash for a Beta.

But what would I know. I have only watched as programing engineers keep on making excuses for their lack of experience and knowledge in programing in general.

Oh of course they will come up with an answer about profit, but that is marketing and not the engineering.

TheF1Man

04-11-2010

i support, even though i use windows(which they have enough problems with anyways. one thing at a time haha)

Solcry

04-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malign View Post
Here's the thing though - even though as others have said before PC's make up 90% of the market share, you have to remember that the large majority of these computers are issued for business purposes and are otherwise not utilized for gaming. The Mac gamer market not only exists but is growing in strength and represents a worthy expansion to Riot Game's player audience. Mac owners on average have a higher income and therefore are more likely to invest in the mini-transaction virtual items that make LoL economically viable. It is not a question of "is PC market bigger than Mac" as the two do not need to compete; rather by not investing in the development of a Mac client, Riot chooses to send out the message that it does not care about these players. Positive P.R. is key to the development of a franchise - just ask Blizzard.
Or, take it a step further, LoL has two competitors. DoTA, and Heroes of Newerth - both have mac clients. Any Mac user wanting to play League of Legends has to partition their hard drive, install windows, and only then can they install and play LoL.

Or, they can simply install HoN, which has a fully-featured native client and is a similar 'upgraded DoTA.' Without a native mac client I'm willing to guess many who would've played LoL will just simply play HoN and not look back.

Nafez

04-19-2010

I'm another mac user posting to show my support. I currently play on boot camp but I like to plat different champions and love reading guides and builds, but I don't know if i can trust all these sites because i dont have virus protection on my windows mode and lord knows that there are tons and tons of them on the internet...