Mac Users

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1c716819081aee2c08b98

12-24-2009

I'm just curious how much of the game depends on Adobe Air, which cross platform, and how much of Adobe Air is depending on aspects windows (direct x).

Plug

12-29-2009

Wow, really frustrating they haven't released it on mac, is there any way to get windows running on bootcamp without actually paying for the software? Don't feel like giving microsoft any money. Seeing as LoL is so hopeless anyone got a spare Heroes of Newerth beta key? Dota's graphics are bothering me

str8killazz2237

12-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by reapermaster View Post
can only play on a mac if you use bootcamp.
i downloaded boot camp but im still not able to play. can u help me out plz? thank you

Japtch

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-30-2009

Okay, I figured it out.

I borrowed a Windows Vista installer from my friend, and installed it on my computer through the built-in boot camp program. If you're gonna do it, make sure you PRINT the instructions before you start the installation. It's basically just follow the amazingly simple instructions after that.

Also, It's alright if you borrow the windows installer, because it doesn't ask for a windows key. I play LoL on my Mac just fine, and I beast nearly as much as before.

Any more questions, I'll answer to the best of my ability.

str8killazz2237

12-30-2009

oh, ****. thnx man ^^ i RLY appreciate it. is there any way i can add u? (im new to this whole thing)

KISSinator

01-01-2010

For a game of this stature not to have a Mac version may be a Marketing error. I don't want to get into the Mac vs PC debate so understand, I am a Mac users for the reasons I choose to be a Mac user and I want to be a user of this game.

Seem with the popularity of Mac on campuses someone would have addressed this by now.

I have operation system 10.4.11 and would really enjoy playing this game. Let me know of any short-term hope.

IS1611d82ca8b215

Adjudicator

01-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KISSinator View Post
For a game of this stature not to have a Mac version may be a Marketing error. I don't want to get into the Mac vs PC debate so understand, I am a Mac users for the reasons I choose to be a Mac user and I want to be a user of this game.

Seem with the popularity of Mac on campuses someone would have addressed this by now.

I have operation system 10.4.11 and would really enjoy playing this game. Let me know of any short-term hope.
HoN has a Mac version. That should be enough reason to make one too.

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

01-02-2010
4 of 9 Riot Posts

Riot has expressed interest in making a Mac version in the future. If you'd prefer that they put pretty much their entire development team on that now, you can put off draft mode, replays, ranked mode, bugfixing, and any other mechanic development for an ADDITIONAL 3-6 months as they rewrite everything to work with an entirely different set of APIs.

They have priorities. Mac is one of them. Unfortunately for Mac users, it's quite far down because A: They can use Bootcamp at the moment, and B: there are many things more important to handle first.

KISSinator: You can use Bootcamp to play -right now-. Look up a couple posts for an explanation if you are confused how. There will not be a Mac client in the short term. Sorry for the inconvenience .

Atromar

01-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozrael View Post
Riot has expressed interest in making a Mac version in the future. If you'd prefer that they put pretty much their entire development team on that now, you can put off draft mode, replays, ranked mode, bugfixing, and any other mechanic development for an ADDITIONAL 3-6 months as they rewrite everything to work with an entirely different set of APIs.

They have priorities. Mac is one of them. Unfortunately for Mac users, it's quite far down because A: They can use Bootcamp at the moment, and B: there are many things more important to handle first.
S2 isn't a huge company and I've read everything in this forum about LoL for Mac so I just wanted to add some input. Heroes of Newerth currently is in beta and is supported for Windows, Mac and Linux, of course mac and linux are one in the same. Anyways, They have draft mode, replays, rankings, tournaments and quite possibly releasing a map editor sometime soon. This game is still in beta, I agree with previous posters in that this game was missing many important things maybe when it was released. Sure the rune system and talent trees are a bit more complex than the original DotA I just think a Mac version of this game is a very high priority in comparison. I currently have paid for both games and have both a mac and pc so I am not at a loss but I sympathize for Mac users that they are unable to play this game. No one wants to partition their drive just to play a game.

LameSaint

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2010

I would like to point out to the developers of LoL a little tool that might be useful in porting League from PC to mac. It's called Cider, here's a quote directly from Transgaming Inc.'s website:

"TransGaming's Cider™ Portability Engine is a proprietary technology that allows PC games to be enabled on Apple's Intel Macs without the traditionally expensive and arduous need to redevelop a game from the ground-up. Cider acts as a "wrapper" around the PC game dynamically translating PC API calls to the Mac OS X operating system. As such, games can be enabled with Cider in a matter of days to weeks as opposed to the typical man years that traditional development takes."

Here is the email address that you can use as a developer or publisher if you wish to get more information about using Cider to port LoL: cider@transgaming.com. Now there are very few excuses to NOT get LOL on Mac. I'm about to stop playing your game completely because im tired of switching from mac to windows and back again whenever i want to play a game. Get on it.