Mac Users

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PooPyyy

07-29-2010

so i am running windows 7 on my mac using bootcamp and the game is installed on my computer and everything but when the game is about to go into the loading screen the game crashes and it says my driver doesn't run shader model 2.0 or something. any sugguestions?

SockSniffer

07-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooPyyy View Post
so i am running windows 7 on my mac using bootcamp and the game is installed on my computer and everything but when the game is about to go into the loading screen the game crashes and it says my driver doesn't run shader model 2.0 or something. any sugguestions?
you are either running on emulated hardware or your mac doesn't have the graphics card to support LoL.

what kind of graphics card are you using? and on what kind of mac?

Armorgator

07-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooPyyy View Post
find out what kind of graphics card your mac has and on the windows side get the updated drivers. BootCamp doesn't have the current graphics drivers. Also MAKE SURE Win7 is compatible with your graphics card!

Kzntx

07-29-2010

can anyone help me tooo?
IMAC with ATI Radeon HD 4670 and running on bootcamp and still gives me missing shader 2.0 :/

eatsyourface

07-30-2010

really this is too much work for one game im not going to tear my computer apart just to play it
just hurry up Riot/Cider

SockSniffer

07-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzntx View Post
can anyone help me tooo?
IMAC with ATI Radeon HD 4670 and running on bootcamp and still gives me missing shader 2.0 :/
you need to instal directX 10.1 and then use your snow leopard disc to introduce your new Windows OS to your macs hardware, otherwise the windows OS is using emulated hardware and just running what it thinks your computer has.

edit: what year was your IMAC made? since you are already running bootcamp it shouldnt be to much of a problem but some IMACs made in early 2008 dont have the most recent intel chips and dont support certain updates to the windows OS

Xe Wolfrum

07-31-2010

I had the biggest problem trying to partition my hard drive for boot camp. After trying to figure it out on my own, followed by calling a special tech; I ended up have to purge my hard drive and reload everything.

After two days of painful installations, updates and downloads the thing works just fine. It better ****it.

I tried window 7 at first but since it was from a friend who was using it didn't work. Luckily he still has his windows Xp on him. If you know what your video card is and I suggest looking up that thru the Mac OS, the systems requirement can take you to the updated drives needed to run in thru windows. When you download and install the drives be sure to be in windows.

sparkypolastri

08-01-2010

I used to have windows then my mother board crashed and my parents switched to mac. I miss playing and they won't let me do the whole bootcamp thing.

Thanks

dragonarrow7

08-04-2010

when is the mac version going to be out. im really getting sick of windows boot camp. its a horable program

BookOfDianetic

08-05-2010

I had some weird virus that I got rid of in 10 minutes. But it managed to disable my web browsers and LoL from connecting to the internet (Steam, ventrilo, guild wars are fine wtf?!) I was able to look around and find out how to get my firefox working again but LoL is still not connecting to internet. I have checked ports and firewall, nothing. Any suggestions?

p.s. I am on bootcamp (XP.)