Mac Users

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheFrumiousBandr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-21-2010

I'm with the majority of the mac users, this looks to be a my game of preference over dota and HoN, except that there is no mac client and I obviously, like any rational person would, will not be buying the operating system that I was attempting to get away from (windows) simply to play a good game. Simply put I'll just be buying into LoL's competition since riot has no mac client. Riot's loss and S2's gain, nothing to argue about just simply accept.

ShadowXOR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-22-2010

This should release on Steam for Mac, it would get a LOT of attention since so few games are available right now.

ProdBR

RB4Havoc

07-01-2010

Quote:
I sorta wished they would have gone with Steam over Cider. I've heard of there being issues with ports using Cider simply because it's a wrapper, and would still more than likely cause interoperability issues.

As for those who consistently say Macs only make up about 10% of the market share, you are confusing overall market share with gaming market share. This blog actually did some research and found the gaming market share for Indie gamers to be around 20-25%, much higher than the numbers most everyone touts.

I personally am glad though to see Riot is going to be releasing LoL for the Mac, as this was the main hindrance from me wanting to get the game. I would prefer to have a game I can play on both Mac and PC since even though I do have Windows 7 on my iMac, I do tend to travel a lot and so I would like my MacBook Pro to be able to play the games I do play. Since I have required programs I have to have installed which take up a lot of space, I really don't have much space to just put on another partition just to simply play a game. Kudos for finally coming up with a solution. Hopefully it'll be out in a timely manner as well.

Lorona Leo

07-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aregionius View Post
Yes, there is a plan to develop a Mac client, but because playability is available through bootcamp and for a few other reasons, there is no set timeline for a release yet.
Can you explain exactly how to play through Bootcamp? I'd like to try it, but this isn't my computer to be making any changes to, and I'd like to know if Bootcamp would do anything to this Mac. Thank you

Primustimus

07-03-2010

You have to have Snow Leopard version of Mac OS installed. If you do, open the Boot Camp Assistant in your Utilities folder. It will walk you through creating a partition. It will actually partition your hard drive without touching any of your mac install. It will let you install Windows and later delete it if you want and your mac partition won't be harmed. You have to have a Windows install CD. Choose how big of a partition you want for the Windows partition (I would go atleast 15 GB, and that's if you're only wanting it to play LoL and installing Win XP, I don't have Win 7). You will have to put the Win Install CD into the drive before it will restart. Then it will start the install process. It will all look exactly like a PC (very weird the first time. It scared me to see Windoze running on my mac!).
Hopefully that helps you.

WrckShop

07-04-2010

yeahhh yall need to get on it for all the Mac peeps.

enhancin

ultraviolent

07-07-2010

mac release imminent for season 1?

SockSniffer

07-07-2010

i assume the mac client will be out along with season 1.
riot announced that mac gamers would be allowed to compete and would also have a chance at the top prizes.
though if we aren't allowed to start at the beginning of the season i dont see how we can compete or even be viable come seasons end.