Mac Users

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 23
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Watsforlunch

09-15-2009

Hey I'm a Mac user, signed up for beta and everything got the key but theres only the windows beta. On the system requirements it says that Macs can play LoL. I'm wondering if there is a Mac version of the beta out there, thanks.

reapermaster

09-15-2009

can only play on a mac if you use bootcamp.

Katai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-15-2009

There's no public client at the moment. The developers are definitely trying though. Not sure if the mac client will be out by launch, though, which would be unfortunate.

FRicanKrazy

10-28-2009

I have a MAC and a PC. I'd love to run it on both. Bootcamp is a little taxing. I saw portions of the application run within the Adobe AIR environment. I don't think the game runs within it though. Any more news on MAC development?

Jesse Perring

NOC Technician

10-28-2009
1 of 9 Riot Posts

At the moment, Bootcamp is still the only way to run LoL on a Mac. A Mac version of the game is certainly a possibility in the future, though.

X2fwtBcENefK0wRT

11-11-2009

Glad to hear that a Mac version is a possibility. I haven't played a lot of League of Legends yet (mostly have been playing Heroes of Newerth, because it has a Mac version), but I like what I see and would love to play more of it. Keep up the great work!

Dredlockz

11-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepfhyr View Post
Glad to hear that a Mac version is a possibility.
Same, I have both a PC and a Macbook Pro, it gets annoying that I can only play in one of them (and I wont install bootcamp when I already own a PC rigged for gaming).

1RajdZuHb1zy1Bfg

11-21-2009

Hi.
I tried to use the good old X11 + Darwine (both free, allow to open many .exe) for make it run on my mac.
I downloaded it and installed it with no problem.
But I just get stuck on license agreement… X11 do not analyze that i am on the down of the page, so i can't click on "I agree"
Anyway, i'm not sure that game would run, i think there's something like 10% chance. (I dont think adobe air mac version is compatible)
But if you have any idea how ignore that license agreement, it would be nice =D

razon

11-22-2009

delete Apple's X11 and install xquartz (http://xquartz.macosforge.org/trac/wiki) for snow leopard google for xquartz 2.4.1 beta

forget darwin... use wine bottler instead of this http://www.kronenberg.org/wine/

But if you own a windows version you can use http://www.virtualbox.org/
with the hotkey cmd + L, you can switch to seamless mode; so you can use all your windows applications like your mac applications... looks very good with a mac theme for windows.
In virtual box you can enable 3d support and you can also change cpu speed, gpu usage, ...

Wine, Xquartz and Virtual Box are all free!

Hope, I could help you

Zergling Man

11-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Perring View Post
At the moment, Bootcamp is still the only way to run LoL on a Mac. A Mac version of the game is certainly a possibility in the future, though.
what about crossover?

1234511 ... 23