Need help with any champs? Especially Sivir, Tristana, Gangplank, Zilean, Jax, Amumu

1234511 ... 19
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eggtart Chow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-22-2010

Tell me exactly what you need help with and I'll help you. I can build just about every champ. Side note: A Doran's item is always a good choice to start with.

Here's another guide I wrote, it's basic tips for new players. I recommend everyone read it

If you'd like to play with me so I can show you a thing or two in a practice game, read this thread

Let us all know a bit about yourself so we can get to know you better: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=312152

+1's are greatly appreciated

23 Guides written so far, let's try to get everyone covered! Keep asking, please. Feel free to write for a 2v1 guide also, just wrote my first one for Tristana!

Page 1: Tristana, Gangplank

Page 2: Dr. Mundo, Kassadin

Page 3: Amumu, Tryndamere

Page 4: Jax

Page 5: Ryze, Annie

Page 6: Akali

Page 7: Some Zilean talk

Page 8: Malzahar

Page 9: Zilean, Sion, Sivir, Twitch, Soraka

Page 10: Level 10 Junglewick (pics included!), Singed, Shen

Page 11: Garen

Page 13: Heimerdinger

Page 14: Rammus, Nasus

Page 15: 2v1 Lane Tristana

Still praying for a sticky

Edited Sion's items a bit.
Made some changes to Gangplank.

Skrigg

05-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggtart Chow View Post
Tell me exactly what you need help with and I'll help you. I can build just about every champ.

Tristana - Been trying to find a good item build. I recently had a game that lasted about 50 minutes and after building Merc Treads, Black Cleaver, Phantom Dancer, Infinity Edge I saw how powerful Trist could be. I was actually about 3/7/10 up until the last 10 minutes or so of the game and then I got about 11 kills in those last 10 minutes.

So my questions (which are fairly related) are this:

1. I seem to be very lackluster at Trist before I get to late game with stacked items, and by that time I usually haven't contributed enough for a win. I've read that going Doran's Shield, Boots, Bruitalizer, Last Whisper early is good but I haven't really tested it out. Is there a build that I should typically be able to reach early that would give me some killing power?

2. I find that I am playing very defensively as to keep from feeding for the majority of the game. As such I do not get a lot of kills in a game and don't feel like I am contributing as much as I could to get a win. My typical game is like 6/4/15 as a DPS even when I am the carry. Should I be more aggressive mid game?

Thanks

URackDisciprine

05-22-2010

Gangplank - I have all furor runes, typical dps mastery setup, I still feel like my damage is sub par, and I rarely get large crits until level 14-16 ish. What's the best item setup/build?

Zuthuzu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-23-2010

Plank really is late guy. You can hardly put really nasty caps in enemies' domes before full stack of IE, zeal, last whisper and 16+ lvl. After that, though, casually chipping away half of Ryze's lifebar with one shot is well worth the wait.

Eggtart Chow

05-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrigg View Post
Tristana - Been trying to find a good item build. I recently had a game that lasted about 50 minutes and after building Merc Treads, Black Cleaver, Phantom Dancer, Infinity Edge I saw how powerful Trist could be. I was actually about 3/7/10 up until the last 10 minutes or so of the game and then I got about 11 kills in those last 10 minutes.

So my questions (which are fairly related) are this:

1. I seem to be very lackluster at Trist before I get to late game with stacked items, and by that time I usually haven't contributed enough for a win. I've read that going Doran's Shield, Boots, Bruitalizer, Last Whisper early is good but I haven't really tested it out. Is there a build that I should typically be able to reach early that would give me some killing power?

2. I find that I am playing very defensively as to keep from feeding for the majority of the game. As such I do not get a lot of kills in a game and don't feel like I am contributing as much as I could to get a win. My typical game is like 6/4/15 as a DPS even when I am the carry. Should I be more aggressive mid game?

Thanks
1. Alright, first let's talk about your build. While Cleaver, PD, and IE will dish out a lot of damage, it may take a while to build those. I build Trist a few different ways (usually never the same order any game). If you feel you die a lot, go with this basic build: Start out with a long sword, save up 900 gold for Phage. If you have a good amount of health once you have the 900, save up 1250 and grab Phage+Boots. The Phage will help you snag the kill when they have trouble running away after your level 6 combo (I'll get to that below). You can also save the Long Sword and build a Phage after your Last Whisper.

From here, you can either save up 1050 for your Recurve Bow or the big 1850 for a BF Sword. I prefer the BF sword for now. If you bought the BF Sword, go ahead and save up 850 for Mercury Treads. If there's barely any CC on the other team Boots of Swiftness is a good alternative. After this, go ahead and buy the Recurve Bow.

Your next buy will be your first situational buy. If you aren't dying at all and you feel you can stay alive, grab a Bloodthirster. If you have maybe 2 deaths get an Inf Edge. The reason for this is because you want to stay alive with Bloodthirster to keep your stacks up otherwise it only does 10 more damage than a BF Sword. After your sword item, you will either upgrade your Recurve Bow or your Phage.

If you're getting focused a lot and seem to be dying/low health in team fights, go ahead and grab the Giant's Belt for Frozen Mallet. You may go ahead and fully upgrade if you like, I would reccomend it. If you feel you're doing fine in team fights, then go ahead and get your attack speed item before you upgrade to Frozen Mallet. This is another situational buy.

Does your team consist of a lot of physical damage? Try getting Starks Fervor. Do they have a tank stacking armor? Last Whisper can help with that. Do they have a health stacking tank/Cho'Gath who isn't dying? Grab Madred's Bloodrazors and whittle them down to size. From here you can either grab a Zeal or another BF Sword. If you get Zeal, then get BF Sword next and Vise Versa. Upgrade the BF Sword into either the Bloodthirster or Inf Edge you didn't grab earlier and get a Phantom Dancer for your last item.

I usually don't get to fully upgrade my boots in games, but I gave you a full build to give you an idea. Remember, the order I personally buy in almost always changes. If you don't feel like rushing Phage (which I just recently started doing) then grab Doran's Shield and save up for a BF Sword first. If you have 90 extra gold after buying, always buy a sight ward. Place it either at dragon or baro first. If the other team keeps neutral buffs, ward their lizard or golem when safe to do so.

2. I'l explain how to play during the three phases of the game. During the laning phase, you will almost always want to take mid. From here, level up Explosive Shot first, then Rocket Jump, Explosive, Rapid Fire, Explosive, Buster Cannon, Explosive, Rocket Jump, Explosive. Max Rocket Jump next then Rapid Fire while getting Buster everytime you can.

Some people prefer to max Jump first as it does more damage but I feel you can farm better with Explosive and safely spam it more often, doing more damager overall. Your main goal here is to last hit every minion possible and spam explosive shot every chance you get. You'll want to keep harrassing but don't over harrass and waste all your mana, you'll need it for when you hit 6.

As soon as you hit 6, look at your health compared to theirs. You should have more health than them if you were laning correctly. If you do, let them push a wave, jump behind them, hit them with explosive shot mid-air, walk behind them (they will be slowed), and buster them towards your tower. Pop Rapid Fire and enjoy your first kill.

If you do kill them and you have a good amount of health left, go either top or bottom for a gank. This will be your main way to kill 1v1, and you can spam this with buster shot having a 60 second cooldown. You will want to keep wards up in the river to avoid getting ganked

Mid game you will want to follow your team and push towers/win team fights. Your main goal here is to chill in the back and fire away from a safe distance. If you get too close you will be focused and that's never good. If someone is almost dead rocket jump in, explosive shot mid air and kill. Your rocket jump is now refreshed and you can eiher begin chain jumping for multi kills or jump back to a safe distance if you are now the focus. Remember, push towers but always be there for team fights.

You are the main source of damage on your team. Never run in first, let your tank initiate. You will die if you charge in first to a fight. Keep dragon and baron warded for a potential gank.

Late game is where Tristana really shines. You'll be doing the same as mid game only with better items and more damage than anyone else. If you have a strong minion wave pushing teleport to it and quickly down the tower then back out. Your main goal here is to win a team fight and push to victory. Once again you should fire safely in the back with your long range.

Edit: I forgot about summoner spells. Go either ignite/cleanse and teleport. I choose cleanse personally since I'm a huge focus in fights. Teleport is good so you can travel faster and even teleport to a tower and down it in seconds. Go 21/0/9 or 21/9/0, which ever you prefer. I usually use the first one. Grab Ignite/Cleanse and Teleport. For runes I go armor pen marks, armor/18 seals, magic resist/18 glyphs, and flat health quints. It wouldn't hurt to grab health regen/18 or flat health seals and attack speed glyphs, either.

There's my Tristana crash course, hope it helps! If you have any questions message me in game.

Eggtart Chow

05-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by URackDisciprine View Post
Gangplank - I have all furor runes, typical dps mastery setup, I still feel like my damage is sub par, and I rarely get large crits until level 14-16 ish. What's the best item setup/build?
Get armor pen marks, they do more damage overall than crit damage, even with Pirate.

Try this basic build, (I won't go as in depth as I did with Tristana). Grab Brawler's Gloves or a Doran's Shield (I prefer the gloves) and a health pot as your first item, then upgrade them to an Avarice Blade as soon as you can. If you are staying in lane well and farming at a good rate, wait until you can buy two to go back. From here grab a BF Sword, then basic boots, then a Zeal, then get your Inf Edge. If the other team is CC heavy than go ahead and grab Merc Treads, if not then get Swiftness whenever you feel like it.

Get a Sheen next. If you've held onto one of your Avarice Blades for 12 minutes then upgrade it to Youmoo's. Grab a Phage, sell Avarice Blade, another BF Sword, then Trinity Force. Congratulations, you hit like a Mack truck! Next grab a Bloodthirster. Sell your boots if you want more damage and get a Phantom Dancer.

Some people prefer to get Frozen Mallet because of the slow and extra health, I do not because you're as fast as the Flash naturally and have a built in cleanse/heal. If you do wish to get Frozen Mallet, however, grab a phage after your Inf Edge. You won't be getting Trinity Force if you do this. Doing this means you'll have to sell your Avarice Blade sooner.

For skills go Parrrley maxed first. Raise Morale second, Cannon Barrage everytime, and Remove Scurvy last. Get Parrley at level, Morale at 2, and Remove Scurvy at 4. Message me in game if you'd like me to show you anything. Have fun!

URackDisciprine

05-23-2010

thanks

roninsm

05-23-2010

Eggtart, I have to disagree with your recommendations of longsword and brawler's gloves as a starting item. Your starting item is supposed to give you staying power in lane. Doran's shield is much, much better on just about anyone (maybe ring on gangplank, since he needs mana regen as well).

Eggtart Chow

05-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by roninsm View Post
Eggtart, I have to disagree with your recommendations of longsword and brawler's gloves as a starting item. Your starting item is supposed to give you staying power in lane. Doran's shield is much, much better on just about anyone (maybe ring on gangplank, since he needs mana regen as well).
Like I said, I just recently started rushing Phage. You get it rather fast as you only need to save up 900 gold and it gives you 225 health. As I mentioned, Doran's Shield is another great starting item on Tristana.

For Gangplank, the gloves give you an early crit advantage and you can rush your Avarice Blade, a gold per 10 item, which benefits you more the earlier you grab it. I feel Gangplank can stay in the lane just fine with his built in heal (if you even need it, you shouldn't). There's nothing wrong with grabbing a Doran's items on Gangplank, but if you are to grab one grab the shield. The mana regen is barely noticeable on Gangplank and the extra armor and health regen will help you stay longer if that's what you're so worried about.

I like to start building straight into my items from the start, but if you feel squishy don't be afraid to grab a Doran's Shield. It's a good item for anyone.

Eggtart Chow

05-25-2010

Anyone else who needs anything just ask

1234511 ... 19