Why do people consider sivir to be a carry?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BrokenBoySoulja

05-22-2010

As she seems to be the opposite- a strong early game which fizzles out quickly, before only serving a use through her ult at late game.

I havent been playing long so I may of missed something- could someone please explain it to me?

Cheers

Rezialn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-22-2010

Okay, she's isn't a carry in the traditional way. Most carries end up being strong killers late game, good gankers early, but generally not fantastic until late game. Sivir carries her team in a different way. What she does well is support her team in a few ways.

First off, she decimates creep waves. This is actually a very important function when you're trying to push against the enemy team, and often neglected.

Second off, she's excellent for buying all of the auras from the shop to support her team. This is because of her capacity to farm and make money by killing creeps. The auras allow her to "carry" the team by giving them constant buffs.

Thirdly, she has her ultimate, which is another buff to the entire team. Again, it's not so much that she carries by killing everything like other carries will, it's that she makes her team powerful. This is often a lot more valuable than simply being able to inflict the most damage. If your entire team can survive better and dish out damage better, you've effectively "carried" the team to victory.

So no, in the traditional sense, she isn't a carry. She is a support carry. Try building her recommended item build. Should give you all of the auras you need.

Craixis

05-22-2010

She pushes like a Mother during child birth, that's why she's a carry...

I mean, no one else can change the flow of a lane as quickly as she can, take the turret by buffing the now huge army of minions with her ult, and get back to base with hardly a scratch...

Seiuchi

05-22-2010

Carries are very item dependant, so they aren't so great early game when they don't have gold, but because they're good at farming and scale well with items they can carry the rest of the team late game. Sivir gets a crazy amount of gold because of her farming ability, so she can fit the role of a carry. Her Ricochet turns her attacks into Area of Effect and her Ult makes her a better chaser and improves her dps by increasing her attack speed, synergizing with the dps items she can buy as the game goes on.

Eggtart Chow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-22-2010

She's more of a support champ the way I play her (aura Sivir). She can push like it's nobodies business and escape rather easily.

EchoRex

05-22-2010

Sivir is a carry due to exceptionally high AoE DPS and her amazing farming capability so that she can stack damage and penetration like every other champion dreams about attempting.

BrokenBoySoulja

05-23-2010

Echo7 could you please give me an item build example for that?

SomniumProxy

05-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenBoySoulja View Post
Echo7 could you please give me an item build example for that?
I'm not Echo7, but i decided to pop in Anyways...
1. Stark's Fervor is your MUST item. Gives tons of AS, a Lifesteal aura and a -20 armor aura (enemies) So this reffers to the penetration.
2. Naturally Infinity edge for max damage
3. Bloodthirster - damage and lifesteal
4. You can pick mardred's bloodrazors if they have a lot of health. Or last whisper if they stack armor (more penetration)
5. Frozen mallet will provide you with all the health you need, plus a nice slow effect
6. boots :P

P.s. items are not in the order in which you should buy them.

BrokenBoySoulja

05-23-2010

Cheers, Ill try subbing in 2 or 3 of those items into my regular build

Thank you again

Achenar

05-23-2010

Another point in her favour that's outside of her aura-support capacity - give her a decent dose of lifesteal and attack speed (and damage) and she can stand in the middle of teamfights and do decent damage without being as squishy as a lot of the other DPS carries tend to be. That does require you to get the gold++ from farming, mind - but it also makes farming that much easier, so!

(whether that's an optimal build or not, I'm not sure, but lately it's worked fairly well)