Why is Yorick so bad?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zidanic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2011

So i recently brought yorick, hearing that he has been buffed and found out that he is still usless, i have played many bot matches and normal matches and he failed, after 10 bot matches and 10 normal he sucks, all he is decent for is staying in the lane if you have enough mana, apart from that he's usless
So why hasnt he been buffed to be usefull in teamfight, his ghouls are idoits who chase after the closest target his ghost just stands around attacking anybody that walks up next to it, and god forbid anyone goes into bushes when a ghoul is chasing him.
So why is he sooooo bad?

Gullivre

09-04-2011

Because micro in League of Legends sucks/is non-existent.

Myrmidont

09-04-2011

his ult's tibbers form could do to last a little longer now that its nerfed, or give it a natural "ghost" so that minions blocking it aren't a problem seeing as watching your own pathing and the rev's is a *****

Smiip

09-04-2011

Yorick is amazing... Not really sure what's wrong.

Zidanic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2011

Why doesn't riot stuff buffing some of they champs they have been ignoring like eve or yorick, they can't say they are busy with dominion they departed thats working on that has nothing to do with champ creation/balancing

Kanonyx

09-04-2011

Yorick is for me the best AD Caster of the game. I just think that people don't know him because when he came out, he was really UP. Seriously, I love him, I always get great scores, but if you need a build, here's mine:

-Begin with Meki pendent and 2 health potions
-Manamune
-Ionian Boots or Mercury's (depending on if the team has lots of CC)
-Tri Force
-Warmog's
-Atma's
-Warmog's

With this build, the ghouls have approximatly 1000hp, 100 AD and your Omen of War deals incredibly high damage.

I forget who

09-04-2011

Yorick was a train wreck from the start. It is what opened my eyes to Riot's lack of professionalism and shameless lust to throw anything into production, no matter how bugged or unrefined it is.

My advice is to stop buying champs until this company gets out of this embarrassing spiral of releasing uninspired champs that use the same skills as so many others. It seems like after Orianna's release, champ production turned to ****.

Zidanic

09-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanonyx View Post
Yorick is for me the best AD Caster of the game. I just think that people don't know him because when he came out, he was really UP. Seriously, I love him, I always get great scores, but if you need a build, here's mine:

-Begin with Meki pendent and 2 health potions
-Manamune
-Ionian Boots or Mercury's (depending on if the team has lots of CC)
-Tri Force
-Warmog's
-Atma's
-Warmog's

With this build, the ghouls have approximatly 1000hp, 100 AD and your Omen of War deals incredibly high damage.
I did try him when he came out and it was terrible, but what runes would you use with him? I have armor pen, attack speed and CDR for his build. Oh and in some matches i went ok in others I died at the start then I just failed the rest of the game

iAteMyVegetables

09-04-2011

I honestly don't know how to counter Yorick early game. He just throws those ghouls at me. And if you wanna 1vs1 him he kinda owns you. So what is exactly wrong with him? End game he's really a killer.

ScyrinPain

09-04-2011

Yorick is actually sooo ridiculously good right now.
He's near unkillable with Manamune, Frozen Mallet and tank items, not to mention in a teamfight you can just ulti your team's AD carry and destroy them twice as fast, only to have them waste their CC focusing down the AD carry and then it pops back up again.
Then he has long-lasting aoe slow? Dayumn that's good.
Some burst lifesteal on your tank? That's nice too!
Some chasing capability to continuously slow them? Even better!

I take it that you're playing him as a damage dealer, and expecting him to just pop out his ghouls and get an insta-gib. Wrong. He's an amazing tank, and really hard to kill once fully built.