Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Sona the worst support in lol?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Randors

09-03-2011

Anyone notice how nerfed they made sona in the last changes? honestly her ult is 130 seconds at lvl 1 her heal is 85 at lvl 3 and it gives allies only 11 extra armor. If anyone else agrees I would like to know what you think about the sona nerf.

Millia Hakumei

09-03-2011

I haven't played her since then, but it looks like she got destroyed.

Randors

09-03-2011

Yeah she really has like why nerf her so hard she can barally do any damage and her support abilities are terrible.

Randors

09-03-2011

Sona
Aria of Perseverance
Base heal reduced to 25/50/75/100/125 from 35/70/105/140/175
Ability power ratio reduced to .25 from .35

I would say that is a pretty big nerf to a champ who had a weak heal in the first place even reducing the AP ratio.

Millia Hakumei

09-03-2011

If I play her again I'd end up building her as a AP/AD hybrid, not even kidding. Archangel Staff, and Manamune.

DELACR0IX

09-03-2011

Her role as support got wrecked. Yes, any sona worth their salt usually picks up Q before W (now more than ever) but since Q teeters off once laning phase is over unless you're steamrolling,
W is a pretty **** useless "clutch" heal since what on earth is a double armor buff good for when the skill itself targets the ally with the lowest % health, meaning the damage has already been done. Her ratios were already toned down, she lost the ability to maintain all three auras, of which their passive effects got nerfed and her ultimate isn't actually all that good.

If they swapped the names Power Chord and Crescendo around (more thematically fitting) and made her ulti into karma's empower and thus something along the lines of boosted ratios for a single spell and additional effects like valor stunning targets hit or celerity cutting a second off everyone's CD, she would both require a little more skill and regain some of her lost power.

AD Sona is apparently the cool thing to do these days. That in itself goes to say a lot.

Randors

09-03-2011

I wish they would put her back to normal like come on Soraka can still heal 500 health well she can only heal what 200 max? And soraka gives them a much better armor buff.

MoonNiteGG

09-03-2011

Sona not the worst she still viable. Sona can dish pretty good nukes at a safe distance. Heal is okay better than Karma's. Her Ult is really good but wished it was 2 seconds.

Hildebert

09-03-2011

They're trying to turn the healers into dps and tanks. See Soraka and Taric.

Randors

09-03-2011

Her ult would be better if it started and stayed at 100 seconds and did a little more damage but compaired to others ult it doesn't do very much I would say it is more used for running away then anything.