I challenge you ELO System haters to

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mista Eko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-03-2011

base it on individual stats that they already record. there. problem solved.

C00LST0RYBR0

09-03-2011

Any performance based system.

Spleenseer

09-03-2011

I think that perhaps there could be 2 Elos to track. One would be a "team-elo" which tracks your wins and losses, and is basically the same as we currently have. There could also be a "solo-elo" which tracks your K/D/A. Each stat would need to be weighed a certain way so that supports and tanks who get a lot of assists but few kills wouldn't be punished. The individual-score thing that Dominion will have is a nice representation. This would accomplish two things: players who are playing well but keep losing aren't punished, and players who play poorly but get carried aren't taken to an out-of-place rating.

This would create a two-dimensional placement for rankings, with four main quadrants. High team + high solo, high team + low solo, low team + high solo, low team + low solo. You would then be placed with players with scores similar to yours, just like now. Obviously, high-high is the ideal placement to have.

ohumadbrah

09-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mista Eko View Post
base it on individual stats that they already record. there. problem solved.
Problem solved? How?

How can you judge A MATCH based on solely the persons individual stats? That's not fair if you're supporting.

Because a support is more likely to go 0-3-20 compared to a Tryn going 20-0-3

Moddim

09-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohumadbrah View Post
What about it? I can google something, give you a link and not tell you why it would be better too.
If you don't know by now just how good the Halo MM system is then i'm not sure what to tell you.

Stop making excuses and deliver dat cash.

ohumadbrah

09-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moddim View Post
If you don't know by now just how good the Halo MM system is then i'm not sure what to tell you.

Stop making excuses and deliver dat cash.
Excuses? You googled "halo 3 match making system" and gave me a link.

Also, I was once 12 but that doesn't mean I played Halo ever. Sorry little boy. Before complaining about nothing, read the thread.

Provide evidence, nuff said.

"If you can provide enough evidence that it would work better than our current ELO rating system, I will give you $20 in RP."

EyceAether

09-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyceAether View Post
The only thing I would do is give +.1 elo for every ward placed. For a maximum of 1 elo.

So no matter what, win or lose, if you use wards you get extra elo.
This would fix the elo system.

Sooner or later the decent players that understand map awareness would not play with the ones that don't.

ShiledNeverDie

09-03-2011

nah rating someone on kills is a horrible idea imo people can fight for kills it gives another reason to turn on your team in a match its about the VICTORY NOTHING ELSE seems like people have forgotten that doesn't matter how you did whether baron team fight, maser yi bd the team that still has the nexus deserves the win. you can only get carried so far until you start dragging back down becuase your a nuisance to your team.

at eyceaether people can just spam 10 wards at the end of every lose game hard to control these things at the end of the day people win dif ways some people don't need wards which i don't feel is right but we all play different and we have to respect that.

Phènom

09-03-2011

Merge Kills and Assists into 1 "Score" column.

Award Elo at the end of the match for people who played well. Players that played better, get rewarded with more Elo gained, or less Elo lost.

Counters Trolls/Afk'ers/Leavers, and still puts the bad players to their true Elo more.

To an extent, it also counters being Carried to a higher Elo.

ohumadbrah

09-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph?nom View Post
Merge Kills and Assists into 1 "Score" column.

Award Elo at the end of the match for people who played well. Players that played better, get rewarded with more Elo gained, or less Elo lost.

Counters Trolls/Afk'ers/Leavers, and still puts the bad players to their true Elo more.

To an extent, it also counters being Carried to a higher Elo.
So how would that work out for the losing team? Just because you played well, but lost doesn't mean you deserve anything.