I challenge you ELO System haters to

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vormulac Unsleep

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMage View Post
9 deaths per game. Average. At 750 Elo or wherever you are at this point. I don't want to know what your threshold is for a 'weak' game, let alone a 'terrible' one.

Granted, trolling and anonymity are bad for the system--the former more so than the latter. But the system is not so weak as to excuse your performance.
Yes. And every single one of those deaths was my fault. Every one. /sarcasm

I've died 10 times in a game - and destroyed 8 turrets, got a ton of kills and assists and won the game. Focus on KDR and you're focusing on the wrong part of the game. But attacking me doesn't help change the fact that the system is not made for this kind of gameplay - period.

Vormulac Unsleep

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-03-2011

Said all I had to say. Anything further at this point will just be refuting ad-hominem attacks or restating points that should be obvious to anyone with half a logical brain. So I'm out. Enjoy the futile attempts to justify this system, gentlemen.

MathMage

09-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vormulac Unsleep View Post
Yes. And every single one of those deaths was my fault. Every one. /sarcasm

I've died 10 times in a game - and destroyed 8 turrets, got a ton of kills and assists and won the game. Focus on KDR and you're focusing on the wrong part of the game. But attacking me doesn't help change the fact that the system is not made for this kind of gameplay - period.
You down ~1.5 turrets per game. Great! Wonderful! But you spend so much time dead (5.5 minutes per game) that the enemy will easily take more ground than you did while you were alive. Sure, this game is tower defense, but you can't play tower defense while your screen is gray. And they'll have at least 2000 gold from your corpse to boot (even accounting for death streaks).

You can use this strategy...if you have a champion that can do it effectively and win. So, your 17 towers downed with TF in 3 games is an example. Fine. You shouldn't have to die 11 times a game to do it, but since you're doing it and winning games, go for it. But Cassiopeia, Fiddlesticks, Teemo, Yi, Mundo, Karthus? You're not successfully doing it with these champs. So do something else. Something that's more likely to work.

RyuuKitten

09-03-2011

I found this thread interesting, even if the OP was trolling. TIL about other rating systems.