Item Shop

First Riot Post
12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1f48700f529fbcca97996

09-03-2011

Item Shop
Here's an example of how the shop could be:
http://i.imgur.com/vv5ta.jpg
Keep in mind that this is how the item shop will be after you have customized it through the PvP.net client. Most of the things are optional, so if you want it to stay the same as it currently is now, don't change anything.

Another alternative: http://i.imgur.com/5653v.jpg

Foreword:
For the nth time, yet another proposal of the item shop, though with a twist to it. Combined with Xpload's ideas, the item shop should now be much more user-friendly, while have the options a more competitive player would want.

Note that on default the shop is more or less the same as now, except that you can customize it from the PvP.net client to look like in the picture above. Explained in detail below.

Left panel: Recommended Categories
The shop keeper welcome text is replaced with icons of recommended categories, where in the categories you have recommended items. So that you don't have unnecessary items in your way, and you can switch fast between the categories.
Note that the icons would be bigger and have names, and perhaps with a small description when you hover your mouse over.

Right panel: Recommended Items
From your profile in the PvP.net client you can customize the recommended item slots, aswell as add another row. On default, the recommended item section is just like it is now.
There's up to 10 recipes in the Builds section that you can build from.
The prices for each item is shown above the icons in the Requires section, and also changes based on what items you have in your inventory.
Additionally, when you finish a recipe from the recommended items slots, it does not get removed, so you don't have to navigate through your inventory to find a recipe.

Hotkeys & Search
To select items in the upper slots in recommended items you can press Q,W,E,R,T,Y, and to select items in the lower slots in the recommended items you can press A,S,D,F,G,H. While to select the items in the builds section you can press the numerical keys 1 to 0.
Then to search you only press TAB or Ctrl+F and type in the name of the item, then it will show up in the left panel. There could also be tags to the items, so if you can't remember the name, then you can use tags to find the item; one effect can have several different tags, for instance you can just type "mana regeneration," "manaregen," "mreg," "mp5" and so forth to find Chalice of Harmony.
The sidebuttons on your mouse are used for going back and forth from the two last categories you were on.

Item Notification
By Alt + Click on an item you send a notification to your team mates that you're building from that recipe (e.g. Aegis of the Legion). So you don't have to ask if anyone is going for a certain recipe every match.

Buy List
First thing first, this is not an auto buy feature or anything like that, it's only to make it easier to keep track on how much money you need before you can port back.
You can Shift + Click on an item in the shop to put it in your shopping cart, and Shift + Right-click to undo an item.

Inventory
The inventory is moved to the right panel where your money, sell- and buy buttons are located. The inventory banner is replaced with the amount of gold you have, and on the right and left side you have the sell- and buy buttons.

abyssmalstar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-03-2011

I do really like this. I think that it should be possible, even if we keep the same formatting, to drag your own items into the "Recommended items" slot, just for speed purposes and because sometimes i forget what i'm doing early game and I grab one of the recommended items for a champ because its my starter item for another one that I play a lot, which ends up hurting me in the game.

I think the recommended items are great for beginners, so you should leave them there, but allow them to be customized to fit your play-styles of the champions.

IS1f48700f529fbcca97996

09-04-2011

Indeed, the original recommended items will always be there, it's just that we should be able to add our own choice of items, aswell as add more slots,

I mean, if you follow by logic, you would click on Boots of Speed to get Ninja Tabi, yet you have to pick Cloth Armor.
If you click on Null-Magic Mantle, you won't get to Hexdrinker, or if you click on Amplifying Tome there's about 4 items missing.

If I could have 7 slots in the Recommended Items section, and 10 slots in the Builds section, I would have all the items I needed.
Also, if you drag f.ex. Doran's Blade to the Recommended Items slots, it will also have shortcut for all Doran's items (e.g. all the Doran's items are shown in the Builds section).

Janna:
Philosopher's Stone | Ruby Crystal | Doran's Ring | Amplifying Tome | Blasting Wand | Negatron Cloak | Chain Vest

Garen:
Doran's Blade/Shield | Boots of Speed | Long Sword | B.F. Sword | Chain Vest | Ruby Crystal | Regrowth Pendant

With those items I will get every single item I need to play Janna as AP or Support, Garen as a full tank, bruiser or pure DPS, though there needs to be 10 slots in the Builds section aswell.

Mountebank

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-05-2011

I've long wondered how something this simple, and to me obvious, wasn't already in the game.

IS1f48700f529fbcca97996

09-05-2011

That was what I first thought too, at least a few of these, but seeing as the game has gone through a lot of stuff within the UI and there's always coming new priorities, I can understand it from their viewpoint.
But it's been quite a while the community has ask for something like this, so I can't see how they couldn't have squeezed at least some of this in.
Now's there's Spectator Mode and probably a lot more under the hood too, but when the demand is quite huge from the community, especially seeing how popular Yaric, Item Customizer and all the threads being made about this topic, then they should prioritize the Item Shop as one of the first.

IS1f48700f529fbcca97996

09-08-2011

CRouCHiNg BU, HiDDen MP!

Psykka

09-09-2011

I was about to post up exactly this idea. Did a search first just in case.

This is a great idea and would make using new characters a hell of alot faster, you could easily make a build outside of a game and then jump in to play.

IS1f48700f529fbcca97996

09-09-2011

Thanks a lot, much appreciated.

IS1f48700f529fbcca97996

09-11-2011

Quote:
B
Quote:
U
Quote:
M
Quote:
P

IS1f48700f529fbcca97996

09-13-2011

12345 ... 6