Singed Utility and mastery build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thebrochacho

05-21-2010

I was thinking of using the utility mastery for singed but I was wondering what kind of gear build to use. Anyone have any suggestions for either?

RHINO Mk II

05-22-2010

I play singed quite a lot, you can look up my record if you like. I build singed as a hp/ap/regen tank with additional armor or mresist added later on, since his ultimate provides some armor for early fights.

Masteries I go 0/15/15 in this pattern
Summoner spells Cleanse/Ghost
Runes (Since I'm poor and don't have many) Red Mpen, Yellow Mp5/lvl, Blue CDR, Quints Movespeed
Ideally, I would take Dodge, health, or armor yellow and Mresist blue.

Items
Start.Regrowth Pendant
1.Catalyst + Boots
2.Catalyst->RoA
3.Boots of Swiftness
4a.Catalyst->RoA
4b.Giant's Belt->Rylais
5a.Regrowth->Force of Nature
5b.Thornmail or Armor Item

At 4, if the game time is under 25 minutes still, buy catalyst to build into your RoA. Otherwise go Giant's belt into Rylais.
At 5, if the enemy has almost all physical damage, get Thornmail or armor item, otherwise get FoN.
If you got a second RoA, get rylais after 5. Otherwise, grab whatever you think is best.
It is appropriate to substitute a Banshees Veil for a RoA if the enemy team is mostly magic damage.

In teamfights, if you're all grouped up and ready to go, chase down the enemy's main damage dealer and fling him into your team. Use goo to keep him from getting out of fling range.

Don't be afraid to use your ultimate to take down a tower really fast. Don't be afraid to tank a tower with your ultimate. You should have great health after your RoA+RoA/Rylais. Remember that most of your damage comes from the poison trail, and it often isn't worth it to hit people with melee attacks. Use poison trail to farm after you get it to level 2 or 3; your regen will let you take a few hits each wave. Plus, your enemies will be frustrated that you keep on ignoring their attempts to harass you. If you are being chased, turn on poison trail and run. You should be faster. Use cleanse to stop slows or stuns that prevent you from escaping or flinging their carry.

Steel Stiletto

05-22-2010

The build that I tend to use for Singed is to just stack Rods of Ages. Rush to a catalyst and some boots, then finish the Rod of Ages. If you find that people are chasing you a bit too well, I sometimes get a Rylai's Crystal Scepter next (as it will cause your poison trail to slow anyone chasing you by 15%). After that, just keep getting Rods. Eventually, you should be able to leave your poison trail on at all times and have so much health that you could chase all the way past three towers if needed. Move speed masteries in the utility tree are great, as they help him chase or survive being chased.

Also, if you get enough mana to never turn off the poison trail, eventually the particle effect for it turns off, meaning that no one can find you randomly in the jungle with it. Either a good thing or a bad thing, depending upon the situation.

Edit: Oh gosh, ninja'd!

RHINO Mk II

05-22-2010

Very similar build advice. Rod of Ages is such a great item on singed because it provides exactly the stats he wants:
Health
AP (Poison damage, fling damage, rawr)
Mana (Free health from passive)
And he makes a great tank while still doing AoE damage and having pretty decent initiation/chase

Thebrochacho

05-22-2010

Yah I got most of the "recommended" items when I was playing with him in practice mode and his HP was almost at 3k he is amazing. Thanks guys I appreciate it. If you guys wanna play any games don't be bashful add me and I would be much honored. As I am still a practicing newb.

UncleBenny

05-23-2010

Here is my build for 3v3(AP).

Masteries = 9/0/21

Summoners Spells = Flash / Ghost

*Items*

-First Buy = Boots, 2x Health Pot, 1x Mana Pot
-SoulStealer
-Upgrade boots to 3x Movement Boots(forgot name)
-R. Septer(Buy the Health Belt first, you need the HP)
-Void Staff

GG

Twisted Treeline games are too short and RoA is too expensive to be worth it, but in 5v5 RoA is essential.