Launcher not working at all

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

diznoid2

09-15-2009

Hello-

I recently got an invite to the LoL beta, but after the install I cannot get the launcher to work at all - all of the content sections stick at the loading icon, the patch progress bar does not appear at all, and none of the buttons on the screen work, not even close and minimize!

I've looked around these forums, and all of the numerous suggestions have not worked. I have forwarded ports, check IE security settings, and tried it with firewall (ZoneAlarm) and anti-virus (Avast) disabled, yet nothing every happens.

Secondly, and this may be a stupid mistake of my own, but I cannot log in to my account on the forums. The account I am using to post this message is my brother's account, as he was the one who sent me the friend invite for the beta. If at all possible, could you check the functionality of the account under the name "Sjhacker", and if there is some error with the username or password, please email it to me.

I want to help out with the beta - I've been a DotA addict for about seven years...but I can't get my login or the stupid launcher to behave!

Thanks for your help.

edit - Added DxDiag.txt report

Uszi

09-15-2009

Same sort of issues here...

Initially I just couldn't download the patch. I figured that might be because of my school's dormnet **** -- I could never download WoW patches, for instance. I had to manually get them off of file planet or something. LoL was doing something similar: it would get to like 3%, then sit there at 0 kbs indefinitely.

Anyway, I turned off my firewall and the patch downloaded. But then the launcher crashed when it said it was copying files. Then it crashed when it said it was building files. Then it tried to download something again, which wouldn't work even with my firewall off.

Right now I'm reinstalling...

reapermaster

09-15-2009

quick suggestion is that if you dont have IE 7 or newer that you download it.

After install open it up and go to tools -> internet options -> advanced and select reset at the bottom. reset everything to default.

Pacifius

09-15-2009

I can't even get to the step where it patches. I double click the icon, the launcher is up for 4 seconds, then it disappears. I've tried every possible solution that has been suggested.

Jesse Perring

NOC Technician

09-15-2009
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Unforutunately, the best advice I have is to read through the following thread:
http://beta.leagueoflegends.com/boar...ead.php?t=4564

There are a wide range of problems that can cause this, and as far as I know, all of the most likely solutions are in that thread.

BB-256

Pacifius

09-15-2009

I've gone through every single one of those solutions, nothing

Pacifius

09-15-2009

you guys still stumped too? i heard it mentioned that we should wait for a later patch, but we can't even get to the updater/patcher. is there going to be a change to the downloader? is the problem identified?

Treestumped

09-15-2009

i have a similar but different situation. My launcher will come up to the screen and it will load. It will then freeze as soon as i move the cursor over anything to do with the game. It won't respond and I have to use the task manager to close it down. The log comes up eventually, but i can't click on that either. I'll see what i can do to get a good screen shot with the info. If this was previously covered i apologize, but I have already played 3 full games and it just started doing this.

GoForthAnDie

09-16-2009

im having the same problem. start the LoL and once i move my cursor over it it freezes. and i can't redownload it either it freezes. can't play this sux

GoForthAnDie

09-16-2009

now it just goes not responding well its retrieving version info.....