Is it Wukong worth it?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aesir Fox

09-02-2011

I've been looking for a new champ, and I liked the concept of Wukong, but I've heard a few times that he isn't that good of a champ. I ask, is he worth buying?

Minice

09-02-2011

he's good....but there are better ad champs. he can stealth...but doesn't help him much..

Sniperyeti

09-02-2011

He's 6300, and my usual rule with those champs is to wait till they're free and try them before buying.
As far as i've seen, Wukong is most valid when played as a tanky dps. He jumps around getting in people's way, is capable of focused damage on a single target, and has a strong AoE knockup comparable to Malphite's ult.
His weakness would be a relative lack of power in teamfights once his ulti is down, which is why he needs that health to keep him alive.

I wouldn't say he's 'not that good', but at the moment similar heroes like Lee Sin can perform the same role more efficiently.

Aesir Fox

09-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperyeti View Post
He's 6300, and my usual rule with those champs is to wait till they're free and try them before buying.
As far as i've seen, Wukong is most valid when played as a tanky dps. He jumps around getting in people's way, is capable of focused damage on a single target, and has a strong AoE knockup comparable to Malphite's ult.
His weakness would be a relative lack of power in teamfights once his ulti is down, which is why he needs that health to keep him alive.

I wouldn't say he's 'not that good', but at the moment similar heroes like Lee Sin can perform the same role more efficiently.
I see, thanks. Maybe I'll wait until he's free to try him, it's just that I fought agaisnt one the other day and he seemed pretty cool, and the fact that he's inspired by Son Wukong from Journey to the West makes him pretty epic . Thanks for the response.

c0mmon

09-02-2011

Wu kong is very underrated champ, his ult is possibly the best in the game if you compare it to the other ults of characters in his range. His Stealth is wonderful and with predictive timing is a free bv. His burst is pretty decent he moves well in game and he can stomp people out. Hes alot of fun what other Ad melee champ can reliably hit 3 ppl at once with a damage skill and then hit them all with more aoe that has a disable, and has a pretty good escape after all that. People are nuts for not respecting his worth, a top tier melee team fight champion

Aesir Fox

09-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0mmon View Post
Wu kong is very underrated champ, his ult is possibly the best in the game if you compare it to the other ults of characters in his range. His Stealth is wonderful and with predictive timing is a free bv. His burst is pretty decent he moves well in game and he can stomp people out. Hes alot of fun what other Ad melee champ can reliably hit 3 ppl at once with a damage skill and then hit them all with more aoe that has a disable, and has a pretty good escape after all that. People are nuts for not respecting his worth, a top tier melee team fight champion
Ah thanks, I keep hearing that Wukong isn't very good and wasn't fun, so that's why I aksed. I've been wanting to buy a new champ and I'm between Wukong or Nocturne.

xMakaha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-03-2011

for 6300 champ i dont think he is worth it atm

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

09-03-2011

Play him and decide for yourself. Don't base your purchases on what other people say; if you enjoy him he's worth it, if you don't he's not.