Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Suggestion: queue dodging

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Viro Melchior

Recruiter

05-29-2010

The point is that the issue you keep raising is based on people's ABILITY to choose whoever they want.

That isn't something that we should mess with. If it means worse games sometimes, so be it.

I'm going after the issues that CAN be resolved, WITHOUT removing a players' freedom to choose the champ he/she wants.

Carados

05-29-2010

Then again, why add this to the game?

DoUbt924

05-30-2010

Quote:
Carados:
Then again, why add this to the game?

LOL your great I love how you repeat questions over and over.

Ok now a response to the above Quote

Reason- players can simply join a que knowing they have a selected champion available to them is that a problem ??

O but your response is that it will cause bad compositions..

Who cares they probably will pick them anyway with or with out the selection if that champion is available.. but wait if their not then they either A) dodge Que or B) select someone they dont normally play or have the set up in masteries/runes to play. Option B causing a losing game cause someone sucked at the champion they had to settle with.

But wait the person was capable of playing as another champion cause they played as that champion before so its not a problem.... Well doesnt this sound like a player who wouldnt use the selection option..?? and if they did dont you think they stand up and make a champion switch if needed even tho they were able to get into Que with the champion they wanted..? Wait doesnt that mean no harms done ???

Your response would probably be either A) then why have this..? or B) then what is the point..?

Wait didnt I go over this at the very top of this same post...

O and may I add if people join a game who dont care what champion they play as wont they choose a champion based on the people who do care...?

Also dont you think people who really really care for the composition of the team would just simply use arranged team option to invite friends ??? O I think I mentioned on my thread that it be easy to arrange a draft option to allow people to pick specific champions to be added to their arranged team Que if people could Que with their preferred champion. Mainly think of it as your the captain selecting out of a vast army of champions the composition you wish to lead. (this is still something I would like to discuss and see what others think).

As for those who dont use arranged team to set up the composition DONT expect people to pick the compositions of your liking when you just join normal Que.

Ive been going over this on another thread that ive posted you can find that one here:
(Queing with Champion selected)
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=123578&page=2

As for Afk/leaver suggestions I have mine written here http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=119864

Thanks Viro Melchior for the responses and input. I read your suggestions and support them. I really think mixing some of the suggestions we made would have a great out come.

Also Carados you seem to only have a issue for Ques with Selected champions. Im wondering what you think about everthing else other then the Que with champion selected part.

Grymgash

05-30-2010

The funny thing about all of this is how often does your team lack a magic or DPS carry and player?
Next to never... the issue is most people hate tanking. Why not just reward the person who tanks for the team with some bonus IP? Ill play Mundo, Shen, Morde all day if it will net me some extra bonus IP...

At the same time I currently hate tanking over and over because, no offense, I find it annoying to tank with people who foolishly go jungle and leave you to try and tank a 4v5 scenerio, or people who are just plain bad players and cant attack the pinged enemy that everyone else is attacking, or the ones who run from the main battle to chase that Kat who ran off at a health level so low she isn't returning because they want that kill more than the victory of the overall battle. I can only play delicious tank bait for so long ( and die so much) before I wish I could kill my own teammates (who are normally the ones who also troll the most).

SO.... bonus IP for me because I had a package big enough to play the tank, when my teammates wanted to bust their new champ cherry, play that available DPS champ that takes some skill they don't have ( like it or not twitch takes finesse...Eve takes know how, Shaco needs that dastardly mindset) So reward the guy who takes a beating for you because you didn't have the cojones to do it...

Viro Melchior

Recruiter

05-30-2010

Ty Doubt, Dissention.
Though I don't think IP rewards for playing "the tank" are quite the right angle to approach from. Generally you see those IP rewards in terms of win/loss ratios.

However, having an option for that could be interesting.
A seperate screen available where you can (ala a roulette table) put IP points on either specific champions or traits. If someone selects a champ that fits into one or more bonuses that people have paid into, they get those points.
So a team that has 4 carries, and you say "I'll tank if someone puts 5 ip into the pool for it".

Food for thought - just my initial spew-of-the-mouth after reading your post dissention.

Grymgash

05-30-2010

Quote:
Viro Melchior:
Ty Doubt, Dissention.
Though I don't think IP rewards for playing "the tank" are quite the right angle to approach from. Generally you see those IP rewards in terms of win/loss ratios.

However, having an option for that could be interesting.
A seperate screen available where you can (ala a roulette table) put IP points on either specific champions or traits. If someone selects a champ that fits into one or more bonuses that people have paid into, they get those points.
So a team that has 4 carries, and you say "I'll tank if someone puts 5 ip into the pool for it".

Food for thought - just my initial spew-of-the-mouth after reading your post dissention.

I agree, however that would have to be way monitored so that it wasn't abused.. but even like an extra 25ip would make me want to tank more when i notice my team have a poor composition.

vforvodka

05-31-2010

Quote:
Carados:
The problem isn't that people queue dodge to get what champion the want, the problem is that people think they alone should choose whatever champion they want regardless of team composition.

this is why i que doge 4 melee for the fail why should i be forced to play with 4 ******s at level 30 who still haven't figured out team composition is 80% of the game. not to mention the previous mundo cleanse combo.

RopeJr

05-31-2010

the reason i que dodge is because my friend who im playing with who has vent just logged on and i'd rather play with him then 4 other randomers. so the 2 minute penalty i get really isnt a problem. im just saying there are more reasons to dodge que then champion select.

The Gambit

06-01-2010

Viro Melchior.....I want to have your babies. You have successfully fixed everything wrong with dodging/leaving/afks with a smooth well thought-out blueprint. If Riot doesn't take advantage of this, they are missing out on the best formulated solution I've heard. Bravo.

Your new lover,
The Gambit

Quote:
Dissention:
So reward the guy who takes a beating for you because you didn't have the cojones to do it...

Agreed, Ali is my most played. Just wish I could throw down my armor and pick up a sword with him once in a while.

Viro Melchior

Recruiter

06-02-2010

Lol, thanks Gambit.
Would love to hear more constructive criticism on it, as I'm sure there are ways it can be improved, or people willing to mathcraft the numbers up.

Or the 1 in a million chance of a red-post :P