@Riot: Regarding 4v5s

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Driftir

09-02-2011

Does Riot have any plans to somehow make the game easier/better when a leaver happens?

A personal idea I have is that after a certain amount of time make it a loss forgiven, and give the leaver harsher penalties. Obviously this could be abused in ranked and I have no idea how to get around that.

Edit: Also post any ideas you have on how Riot should handle disconnects and leavers.

Edit2: We've had some really great ideas throughout this thread, from a seperate queue to take over leavers, to having the game restart after a certain point in time, keep the ideas coming!
Maybe if this thread gets enough player attention, we'll get some red attention too!

If you wanna see some change in how the game is currently handling leavers, not for them but for the poor saps who get left in the game, leave a comment or upvote! If you have a thought, put it down. Lets get our voices heard!

Driftir

09-02-2011

bump

BungalowBill

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-02-2011

You answered your own question, it's easily abused. Unless someone comes with non-abusable we won't get anything soon =/

Driftir

09-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trion Porra View Post
You answered your own question, it's easily abused. Unless someone comes with non-abusable we won't get anything soon =/
But, I didn't answer my own question, as my question was "Does Riot have any plans to deal with this situation?"

It's also open suggestion to see how people would propose to deal with the issue.

CloudCarry

09-02-2011

HERO queue.. that is all

(in hero q you take over for a leaver and receive most of the ip) if the person comes back: you get a portion of the ip or something.

if you get a "hero" taking over for a leaver in your game and you think he sucks: you can teamvote to have him replaced with another hero. ie instant judgment is passed on trolls in the hero queue.

Driftir

09-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySouth69 View Post
HERO queue.. that is all

(in hero q you take over for a leaver and receive most of the ip) if the person comes back: you get a portion of the ip or something.

if you get a "hero" taking over for a leaver in your game and you think he sucks: you can teamvote to have him replaced with another hero. ie instant judgment is passed on trolls in the hero queue.
That actually sounds pretty good, a queue to take the place of a leaver. In some situations it could be both good IP and beneficial to the community. Maybe if said champ was DC'd x amount of time then a hero could taker their place.

CloudCarry

09-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driftir View Post
That actually sounds pretty good, a queue to take the place of a leaver. In some situations it could be both good IP and beneficial to the community. Maybe if said champ was DC'd x amount of time then a hero could taker their place.
ikr.. i had this idea in another thread a week ago. made my own thread.. got some upvotes.died..got more upvotes atter i bumped it but it died before getting big.

feel tree to hijack this original and innovative idea.

one of my main argument points for having such a queue is people like myself (and half my friends list) that have random down time and wouldnt mind filling for other peoples games because: D/Cs will happen and they dont always reconnect right away: which means sometimes an instant loss or at best a few level disadvantage and cs disadvantage as well as any potential team fight presence etc.

Driftir

09-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySouth69 View Post
ikr.. i had this idea in another thread a week ago. made my own thread.. got some upvotes.died..got more upvotes atter i bumped it but it died before getting big.

feel tree to hijack this original and innovative idea.

one of my main argument points for having such a queue is people like myself (and half my friends list) that have random down time and wouldnt mind filling for other peoples games because: D/Cs will happen and they dont always reconnect right away: which means sometimes an instant loss or at best a few level disadvantage and cs disadvantage as well as any potential team fight presence etc.
The system isn't foolproof as trolls could still ruin a persons game, but the tribunal should be able to handle those kinds of people. Like if someone ends up selling a persons items and buying all boots. At the end of the game have the original name of the champion and then below that place the name of the person who queued in maybe in quotes have like (hero queued).
I don't know anything about riots software or what they use, but such a system doesn't seem like it would be too hard to implement.
Another idea is that players (on the team of the leaver) could initiate a vote of some kind that would activate the hero queue option.

CloudCarry

09-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driftir View Post
The system isn't foolproof as trolls could still ruin a persons game, but the tribunal should be able to handle those kinds of people. Like if someone ends up selling a persons items and buying all boots. At the end of the game have the original name of the champion and then below that place the name of the person who queued in maybe in quotes have like (hero queued).
I don't know anything about riots software or what they use, but such a system doesn't seem like it would be too hard to implement.
Another idea is that players (on the team of the leaver) could initiate a vote of some kind that would activate the hero queue option.
yea: basically i had it figured out to the point where: incoming summoners come in at fountain with current items and gold with runes and masteries already having been copied over when everyone loads at the game start: so you dont have a HERO coming in with different runes and masteries

CloudCarry

09-02-2011

these types of threads never seem to get any attention. qq