Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Do support members even READ the problem when responding?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UdyrIsAWESOME

09-02-2011

I'm just going to leave these attachments here...

If for some reason people can't read the text in the attachment pictures, I am just going to post the text here as well.

My Initial request:

Request #574315
"Your Champions have not loaded correctly..."

Aug-25 12:42

Hello Mr. Support Staff,

I recently logged into a ranked game. Upon getting into Champion select I got a notice saying something along the lines of "Your champions have not loaded correctly. You will not get a leave/dodge penalty for leaving this game." something like that, I don't remember it exactly.

Anyway, I was confused about it, and not wanting to take any risk I immediately closed the client. It said I wouldn't be penalized, so I didn't see a problem. When I opened League of Legends back it, It said I could not join queue because I recently dodged a game. I check my stats and I saw that I also had another loss on my record, with a loss of ELO following suite.

Why did the notice lie to me?

Thanks!

Summoner Name: *********8
E-Mail: ****************
Server: **

First Riot Response:

Greetings Summoner,

I apologize for the delay. I realize that having your account temporarily suspended can be frustrating, and we here at Riot are aware that sometimes players cannot help leaving a game. I too have a few leaves from circumstances beyond my control. However, players are only suspended after leaving several games over a relatively short period, rather than after just one or two leaves. Warnings and the initial single day suspension are intended as leeway for the accidents that can happen to anyone. Someone who is constantly disconnecting from the game will still be temporarily suspended, because regardless of the reason for leaving or idling in the game they are still making it less enjoyable for other players. For these reasons, I am unable to alter your suspension.

Your account will be unsuspended on the date listed on the message you receive when trying to login to the League of Legends client. Please note the suspension ends at the same hour it started, as suspensions are applied in 24 hour cycles. Also, your leaver level will reduce as you play subsequent games without leaving or idling in the game.

If you are having an issue with consistent crashes or problems with your internet please explain them to me, as we may be able to help you resolve your issue. We still won?t be able to remove your suspension but we may be able to prevent this from happening in the future.

For additional information, you can also read the Auto Leave System FAQ here:
http://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/20030633-leaverbuster-faq

Sorry again for the inconvenience. If you have any other questions or concerns, please let me know.

Game on,

Riot Staff Name

My response

Well, I am 100% certain that you did not even read my initial message.

I am fairly certain you just copy/pasted a standard response to what you think my problem was.

No where in my support question did I mention that my account was suspended. No where did I mention that I wanted my account unsuspended.

Please, if you could, read my initial problem that I posted and please reply with a proper response.

Thank You.

Riot's Second Response

Hello Summoner,

I apologize for not reading your initial question correctly. I will need to transfer you to another team so we can better assist you. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Game on,

Riot Staff Name

Now... What? He OBVIOUSLY didn't even read my initial request. Is this a problem? I think so.

P.S. This forum account is not the game account that I requested this issue on for privacy reasons.

Jipalio

09-02-2011

i lol'd, sorry for your misfortune on what happened, but that lack of support is pretty funny, unacceptable in a business but funny.

CapitalLlama

09-02-2011

bump for justice

Champlord

09-02-2011

haha

Quantumprophecy

09-02-2011

I didn't read your entire post, but the short answer is no, they don't. Literally no company reads your initial ticket when it's put in. Every company will send you an automated reply that best fits the category simply because the vast majority of tickets are submitted by idiots who can easily be answered with an automated. Sorry to break it to you but this is how every support line works.

Just reply back and restate your problems and you will get a real response. I'll give you a perfect example. This literally just happened in the last two weeks. I submitted a ticket to try and get a refund on the dodge runes I bought like 6 months ago. I had pretty good reasoning, such as Jax getting nerfed and Nid getting dodge removed, and both are champs I bought the runes to play with. Of course I got an automated response back and it took about 7 days. In the response it specifically said they didn't give refunds on things unless it was bought in the last 30 days. I was a little upset, but I decided to reply back since it was an automated message and if I got in touch with someone, they might work with me. I wrote back with all the information I would of needed, and was incredibly cool about all of it in the email. And you know what happened? I got a real response from a Red in like 3 hours, saying he read my story and decided to give me the refund. I messaged him back and thanked him a ton, even offered to buy him a drink if he ever came to New York.

Moral of the story, all support lines use automated emails, just keep trying and you will get someone as long as you aren't an ass hole about it. Threads like this aren't a good step to take though, and can only work to hurt you.

edit: having looked at your screen shots, what can I say? They made a mistake. They are only human. They get thousands of tickets a day and they can't possibly read all of them on the first go. You act like Riot completely screwed you. The guy saw his mistake, apologized, and sent you in the right direction.

UdyrIsAWESOME

09-02-2011

Quote:
Quantumprophecy:
I didn't read your entire post, but the short answer is no, they don't. Literally no company reads your initial ticket when it's put in. Every company will send you an automated reply that best fits the category simply because the vast majority of tickets are submitted by idiots who can easily be answered with an automated. Sorry to break it to you but this is how every support line works.

Just reply back and restate your problems and you will get a real response. I'll give you a perfect example. This literally just happened in the last two weeks. I submitted a ticket to try and get a refund on the dodge runes I bought like 6 months ago. I had pretty good reasoning, such as Jax getting nerfed and Nid getting dodge removed, and both are champs I bought the runes to play with. Of course I got an automated response back and it took about 7 days. In the response it specifically said they didn't give refunds on things unless it was bought in the last 30 days. I was a little upset, but I decided to reply back since it was an automated message and if I got in touch with someone, they might work with me. I wrote back with all the information I would of needed, and was incredibly cool about all of it in the email. And you know what happened? I got a real response from a Red in like 3 hours, saying he read my story and decided to give me the refund. I messaged him back and thanked him a ton, even offered to buy him a drink if he ever came to New York.

Moral of the story, all support lines use automated emails, just keep trying and you will get someone as long as you aren't an ass hole about it. Threads like this aren't a good step to take though, and can only work to hurt you.

Well, they need a wider range of automatic messages, don't they?

byg

09-02-2011

NOPE

Late August... Coming Soon™ to a world near you.

Chancator

09-02-2011

Bump for gad **** justice

Armin

Recruiter

09-02-2011

Actually, I sent a support ticket about me not receiving a code in the collector's pack, and bam, next day they asked for pictures for the box and receipt, then 2 days later, BAM got my code.

UdyrIsAWESOME

09-02-2011

bump