What are champions doing when they're not fighting in the League of Legends?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snazzy Pants

05-21-2010

Annie spends most of her time pawing off pedobear in her evil fortress of lolitude.

Delthanin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-21-2010

Awesome, thx guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisEndsNow View Post
Personally i would say **** you all, its MAGIC, WooOOooOOOooooOOooooo. *Jazz Hands*

ThisEndsNow

05-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delthanin View Post
Awesome, thx guys!
OMG wicked picture to go with what i said.

+1

PS: i really cant stop laughing, how the hell did you manage to find that pic lmfao.

tailspeeder

05-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babagahnoosh View Post
A real death, however, isn't necessarily a permanent one. Runeterra virtually overflows with raw magical power. A rite of resurrection requires a magician of notable potency to execute, though enough know how to perform this rite that performing it isn't an uncommon act. Necromancy - another means of bringing back a fallen individual - takes a lot less effort and can yield "similar" results.
Is this what happened with Sion? Wasn't his story that he was killed, then Kat recovered his corpse, and a myseterious dark wizard resurrected him?

Fayd

Adjudicator

05-21-2010

I'd guess so Tailspeeder (the necromancy thing)

jedidioh

05-21-2010

mundo cleaves his staffs

http://www.mundocorp.com/

Nazzers

05-21-2010

When not fighting in the League of Legends, Mundo takes vacations. He roams the countryside. He visits exotic locales. In other words, Mundo goes where he pleases.

Rezialn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babagahnoosh View Post
Believe it or not, I know this answer. In fact, there are a few of us here at Riot do know the answer to this. That means that there many other at Riot that don't know the answer. Rather than be a DB and say "I know and I won't tell, ha ha," I'll tell you the reason why I won't give you a straight answer.

This question - and a handful of others I've heard on the forums that we've either given ambiguous answers to or just completely dodged - fall into a category known as a "bible point". Bible points (others call them by differing names) are key story points that define help the rules of an intellectual property. Bible points are basically unexposed spoilers. They are rules that seem mysterious and often times contradictory to the rules of the world. There shouldn't be two of the same person in a single battle arena, should they? It doesn't make sense that it happens... but it does.

To outright spill the beans on something like this sells short potential story development we are basing on this bible point. Yes - we have some story development in store that specifically addresses this issue. It may or may not answer the question when it fully plays out. (Spoiler - part of it involved a forthcoming champion.) Still, we recognize that this is a key bible point and we want to do something substantially creative with it.

I'll try and do you one better... Over the weekend (I'm trying to get home right now but I can't tear myself away from this thread~) I'll try to spin you a little ditty that somewhat deals with this issue. I've wanted to do something on this creatively for some time now, outside of what we have planned. There always seems to be a priority that comes up that tears me away from fun writing. I'm going to keep it under 1000 words if I can, provided nothing blows up on me this weekend!

Sound good?
Shot in the dark at the actual reasoning.
At some point, someone picked up on the idea that it would be strange for two of a champion to be fighting at the same time. At that point in time, you guys had already either planned or implemented the way champion selection would work. Because you couldn't change it, you decided at some point to leave it as a gray area in the lore. This gave you the room to come back at any time to fill in the actual reasoning when you felt like you had a good answer to it.

Am I close?

AngryByte

05-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lima Beans View Post
Tristana has a house in the country with 33 cats and a vegetable garden.
I demand proof. PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN

Beartato

05-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lima Beans View Post
Tristana has a house in the country with 33 cats and a vegetable garden.
Volibar can file this under "Lies that Lima Beans has told"