Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What are champions doing when they're not fighting in the League of Legends?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LordMcHash

06-21-2010

Quote:
Nyte Crawler:
Thx Babagahnoosh, I always loved the lore of the game as well as stories and fanfics.
However,

I bolded the key part, according to Ezreal's lore he's a champion not by choice, but because its just a price to pay for the power he gets from his necklace.
This is the kind of stuff you get from lore nerds :P

Necklace/Amulet? WTF is he doing w/ that glove then? Does he house the magic object in it?

From what I remember reading he found an amulet, not a gauntlet...??

Stormi

Recruiter

06-21-2010

Quote:
archelaus:
ryze is perpetually standing in the unemployment line.

rofl lmfao

Hacksaurs

06-21-2010

Quote:
Calcabrina:
shaco's lore kind of implies he just runs around the league shanking people 24/7.

I lol'd so hard when I read this.

Jubillee

06-21-2010

Hmm, u know what, i think that they are in their own world/deminsion. If you guys watch the anime "Fairy Tail" it may be like that. Each Champion is summoned with a contract from their summoners. The binding contract would be IP or the RP points which we gain through using credit/debit cards and the unemployment line which are the free characters we get every week.

Calibrations

06-21-2010

they exist as data on your hard drive waiting to be accessed and rendered.

CnB84

06-21-2010

Question; Jax is handicapped in the League. Are other champions similiarly handicapped or restrained?

Barakos

06-22-2010

I was under the impression that they just lived their lives, and are summoned whenever a match occurs.

Hellfire014

06-22-2010

Taric is stalking Ezreal. I thought you knew that? Jax seems like the type to spend some time fishing once in a while. Kayle and Morgana are probably getting into some cat-fights while Malphite sneakily turns the surrounding area into mud. Nasus goes to the desert, and Rammus is probably playing Sonic and calling him a ripoff XD.

Quote:
WhitemageofDOOM:
...some are probably contained in the institute(cho'gath, mundo etc.) because there too dangerous to let roam.

"BREAKOUT FROM CELL 413! I REPEAT: BREAKOUT FROM CELL 413! THIS IS NOT A DRILL."

S***, this isn't good.
I thought, as I ran down the dull gray hallway of the League Penitentiary. I heard this thing took out twenty of our best just to get it here. How are we going to contain it?

I meet up with a group of guards, 50 strong, their weapons trained on the seven inch magic enhanced mithril door twenty feet away. "Alright men! If you haven't already, apply your sedative poison to your arrows, and blades," ordered the Warden, "this door is the only way it can go to get out of here, we can NOT let it escape to the outside! We have roughly two minutes until it gets here."

"W-what should we d-do, sir?" asked a young, new recruit.
"Throw everything you got at it. Kill it if you have to. But in the meantime: pray. Pray this beast doesn't butcher you, like it does the mindless minions of the Rift."

Two minutes passed. Two endlessly-long nerve-wracking minutes. Suddenly, a loud BANG from the door. Five more followed. "Heh, stupid beast, nothing can break down that door." one guard stated. Another bang, this time with a dent. "Are you so sure?" another guard asked. The fiend bashed the door several more times, adding more dents with each strike.

"WEAPONS READY!" shouted the Warden, we all readied a poisoned arrow. "DRAW!" We pulled our arrows back. Suddenly, the doors explodes outward, flying threw and killing thirty of the guards, the beast shrouded in dust. "SHOOT!" We let loose our arrows, and the beast charged, a primal roar echoing throughout the prison.

It was a slaughter. All of us lay dead or dying. Who am I kidding, I'm the only one still alive, but with the blood I've lost, it won't be for long. The monstrosity appeared unharmed, though covered in the blood of my comrades. As it turned to leave, I coughed up some blood, making it stop. "Go to hell where you belong, freak!" I said, knowing those would be my final words. "Go?" It asked, turning around to look at me, a maniacal grin adorning its face. It grabbed me roughly by the neck, and I hung there, limp.

"Mundo will go where he pleases."

and all I knew, was darkness.

...I was in a fanfictiony mood atm

KingRon

06-22-2010

I'll bet they all sometimes hang out making "Batman and Robin" jokes.

And there's always this one wise guy that asks, "Hey, I wonder what all the Marvel characters are doing when they're not out fighting for justice."

Wrenchman Golin

Senior Wrenchmen

06-22-2010

Tristana stays at her cabin when she's not in a match. She polishes her collection and makes black market deals to upgrade her arms. Every once in awhile she leaves her cabin to go hunting or defend her property against trespassers (there are no "innocent" trespassers in her eyes).

Warwick works at a lab when he's not fighting on behalf of a summoner. He's no longer working on a cure for his "condition" but a drug that acts as a male enhancement supplement and regrows hair (on your head and back).

When Teemo isn't on the Fields of Justice, he's lacing jungles with explosive mushrooms to deter guerrillas from starting an open war.

While Kennen is not fighting against other champions, he chases tornadoes and thunderclouds--not to hone his skills, but because of the high and thrill he gets from jumping into these forces of nature.