What are champions doing when they're not fighting in the League of Legends?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dracorya

05-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delthanin View Post
An LoL RPG would be pretty sweet. Just throwing that out there. Lots of room to really show off the lore and the background stories.
I support this with all my being.

YYZed

05-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recom View Post
Doppelganger ? Is this a champion to come ? :P (Could be really cool)
Doppelganger = copy/clone
hence referencing Ezreal's "double."

Recom

05-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyte Crawler View Post
Doppelganger = copy/clone
hence referencing Ezreal's "double."
I know, I was just wondering if this story wasn't a hidden clue for a champion to come

Moonberry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-25-2010

This has made my work day much better. I always love reading up on the lore and this has made me want to get back to writing for my game. YAY inspirational things in unexpected places.

*gets back to actually working*

Spike225

05-25-2010

Nice writing, Babagahnoosh.
I would really like to see LoL novels, books, ebooks in the future, next to Teemo plushies ofc. Stories about the champs and they adventures, lifes.
Just as with Warcraft I enjoyed reading the books or just the lore on wowwiki.
Hope Riot sees a good opportunity in this too.

Doctor Awesome

05-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by junja View Post
so if theyre on the same team, morgana and kayle would ignore their differences?

but if theyre on opposite teams, garen and katarina will still hold a grudge?
I imagine it's more along these lines:

For Morgana and Kayle, the outcome of their battle could have dramatic effects on the politics and peace of the world they're in. Kayle, for sure, holds to high ideals, and would prioritize the battle at hand over her feud--partly because her grudge with Morgana is not nearly as all-consuming.

Morgana seethes with hatred for Kayle, but she could probably ultimately come to the same conclusion--even if she didn't care about the world she was fighting for, helping Kayle in this short battle is preferable to getting killed over and over (just because you revive doesn't mean dying doesn't hurt.) Furthermore, if the summoners suspected she was throwing the fight on account of her grudge, Morgana would have to face their wrath. The lore suggests that they are all very, very powerful mages in their own right; if nothing else, they could probably send Morgana back to where she came--or to somewhere worse.

For Garen and Katarina... the opportunity to beat up on your nemesis is probably a welcome perk to the job.

Also, you gotta remember: if someone is going to let personal grudges interfere with their performance, they won't be keeping the job as a champion much longer. If Morgana and Kayle are still champions, it's probably because they've proven their ability to work objectively.

LadyEve

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-25-2010

The after party would be interesting if I (as Kat) would lane against a Garen xD

Talynez

05-25-2010

Yay for lore! Also, a LoL Rpg would indeed be nice but imo, go for a MMORPG, so you can.. you know, make two side with capitals in Noxus and Demacia.

Create class inspired by archetype in LoL and then throw some instancied dungeon where you can beat on minions/jungle creeps with boss such as dragon nashor.
And raids where you can unleash all your rage against hated champions like Jax, fiddlestick, twitch and so on.

It'd make you millionaries.

redfiretruck

05-25-2010

As far as this idea of a MMORPG, there simply isn't even slightly enough complexity or base-ness from LoL to possibly create a simple MMORPG. Sure, there is lore, but I personally don't play my games to see some text on a screen. If I wanted to hear a story, I would actually read a story (from that old system, you know... A book). However, what I want, is strategy and ability to be tested in a combat system that ensures fairness towards both players. This game base is completely arbitrary and would fail extremely hard in a MMORPG.

Osmodius

05-25-2010

Win thread is win.