Isomalt's Baked Goods Tier List

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

treehugger

05-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen 62 View Post
If you eat too many they turn you orange
how is that bad?

Zedon

05-21-2010

UGH chocolate chip cookies are so far from tier 1 what are you thinking? most of em these days are basically just a hershey's bar with the tiniest amount of cookie dough added. i like the dough aspect of CCCs, but current design specs place way too much emphasis on the chocolate. they're totally imba.

what you need are a balance of attributes, not just a ton of 1 thing at the expense of everything else.

Arowz

05-21-2010

Nerf pie, buff cake. /thread

RHINO Mk II

05-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isomalt View Post
God Tier: Cheesecake
This. Your list is relevant to my interests.

baller03

05-21-2010

Pumpkin Pie is the main desert for Thanksgiving, should hop tiers to Tier 2 for sure.

GIANTISOPOD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-21-2010

Napoleons are fantastic. your list is horrible.

Semantic Memory

05-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
IMHO Macaroons should be tier 2, pretty good list otherwise
This is definitely true.

hightech

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isomalt View Post
This list represents my personal opinion of how delicious I feel specific Baked Goods are in, uh... eating scenarios. The reasoning behind Baked Good placement on this list is how delicious a certain Baked Good will increase your taste buds chances of making you happy. I feel higher tier Baked Goods correspond to a better chance at victory.

I have over 200,000 Baked Goods made and 1200 recipes, because of my practical experience I feel this list is fairly accurate.

If you want an explanation for Baked Good placement please ask.

UPDATED 5/21/2010

God Tier: Cheesecake
Tier 1: Chocolate Chip Cookies, Muffins, Apple Pie, Brownies
Tier 2: Cupcakes, Chocolate Croissants, Chocolate Cake, Profiteroles, Eclairs, Creme Brulee, Pot de Creme, Brioche Pudding, Red Velvet Cake
Tier 3: Chocolate Souffles, Macaroons, Fruit Tarts, Chocolate Tortes, Lemon Bars, Coffee Cake, Meringue, Sticky Buns, Molten Chocolate Cake, Gingersnaps, Tiramisu, Snickerdoodles, Linzer Cookies, Brioche, Croissant, Peach Cobbler, Pumpkin Pie
Tier 4: Danish, Apple Crisp, Angel Food Cake, Yule Logs, Short Cake, Apple Brown Betty, Cream Puffs, Fruit Souffles, Napoleans, Tuiles, Strudel, Tart Tatin, Wedding Cake, Almond Torte, Rugelach, Pecan Sandies
Tier 5: Scones, Pound Cake, Biscotti
Tier 6: Fruit Cake, Granola Bars

I feel tier 1,2, and 3 Baked Goods are strong. Tier 4 Baked Goods are decent but could use slight buffs. Tier 5 Baked Goods are down right terrible. I cry if i see a tier 6 Baked Good on my plate.

*Scones - extremely strong early morning but most often offers 0 flavor to team comp of coffee and pastry.

*Yule Logs - haven't seen this much in except around christmas because of the the seasonal to this. This placement may change w/ in a couple of months.

*Cheesecake - God Tier was created for this magnificent dessert as it was given to man by the Heavens (Especially when deep-fried).

Alot of these Baked Goods' placement is due to the fact that chocolate is so strong in the Baked Goods world right now. I feel the majority of this list also revolves around baked goods ability to burst, and contrast in texture/temperature. Also this list is representative of High Class Dining.

- Isomalt
Did you go to culinary school?

Somafera

05-21-2010

I fear that cheesecake is going to get nerfed pretty soon.

Surgie

05-21-2010

*cough* puppy chow top tier *cough*