Here's the thing

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 16
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fiddlerofsticks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-01-2011

Jozrael, mister, do you think its more likely to come out tomorrow, or in 5-7 days?

MustachedOctopus

09-01-2011

haha no matter when it comes out servers are going to be ****ed for a day and there will be a whole bunch of glitches, even if you guys wait a year to release it... i never understand statements like that/ no matter if it be blizzard or riot, they say they dont want to put out buggy or unfinished work so they hold on to it but id be willing to bet 100doalrrs its going to be buggy or glitched for a cuple weeks after dominion,.

P3W Gizeh

09-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djpaulydson View Post
haha no matter when it comes out servers are going to be ****ed for a day and there will be a whole bunch of glitches, even if you guys wait a year to release it... i never understand statements like that/ no matter if it be blizzard or riot, they say they dont want to put out buggy or unfinished work so they hold on to it but id be willing to bet 100doalrrs its going to be buggy or glitched for a cuple weeks after dominion,.
Yea it's really hard to understand isn't it ?
/sarcasm
It's only hard if you're not able to use your brain.

Silver salvation

09-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozrael View Post
But...these estimates change.

If you're unhappy because 'soon' is turning out to be longer than you thought it was, how much unhappier would you be if we'd given a hard date and passed it? We go past internal release dates all the time because we don't want to create negative player experiences.

Soon is honestly about as close as we can get, because of what I mentioned above - when we start getting specific, we start being able to break expectations we've explicitly set.
I think we're mad because you throw that word out so much it's lost all meaning. It has for me with you guys, when I see "soon™" I can't get excited for it.

stealth rework "soon™"
Project shiny "soon™" after stealth rework
Magma chambers "soon™" after project shiny
dominion "soon™" after pax

see what I'm getting at? you use the term so loosely that we have made a LOL meme out of it.

Asphyxious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver salvation View Post
I think we're mad because you throw that word out so much it's lost all meaning. It has for me with you guys, when I see "soon?" I can't get excited for it.

stealth rework "soon?"
Project shiny "soon?" after stealth rework
Magma chambers "soon?" after project shiny
dominion "soon?" after pax

see what I'm getting at? you use the term so loosely that we have made a LOL meme out of it.
Ohai, you must be new to online games.

If you really think the Oh-so-clever soon? meme is endemic to LoL, then you're not very bright. Actually, the first time I remember it being in widespread use was waaaay back in the day when I played DAOC, and I can't believe that was the beginning of the little TM after soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manemz View Post
Totaly agree.... Riot understand this, we are not mad becouse it isnt out, we are mad becouse you guys give a date and then dont respect it.... we need solid information....
and this with everything..... we dont care if it takes long, but respect the days, if you guys have to say "one more month" do it, but respect it....

When? When did they give a date? They didn't. Specifically to keep mouthbreathers like yourself from saying "AHAH! It's now September! Riot lied again!" Good try, Mr. Trundle, but it doesn't wash.

evrynameistkn

09-01-2011

Quote:

If you're unhappy because 'soon' is turning out to be longer than you thought it was, how much unhappier would you be if we'd given a hard date and passed it? We go past internal release dates all the time because we don't want to create negative player experiences.

Soon is honestly about as close as we can get, because of what I mentioned above - when we start getting specific, we start being able to break expectations we've explicitly set.
My counter to the soon argument is why announce it at all if its not actually that close to being ready. I understand this notion that Riot is excited to have this new feature, but to say soon is to imply that it is pretty much ready when in fact, it clearly wasn't. By your standards it might be almost ready but a month out does not qualify as soon for most of the player base. Saying after an event also implys that it will be almost immediately after it which it does not appear Riot was ready to do, so why give that as an estimate. Maybe the Dominion announcement should have been held off until it was ready to be released with in 2-3 weeks.

Oslayer

09-01-2011

Quote:

Riot does have a reputation to consider too, if they deliver a faulty product due to a less than unanimous expectation to have the "cake" right now, then they will probably break the near unanimous expectation that Dominion will live up to all the hype(or at least come close to doing so) generated both by us the community and by Riot.

I can wait to play what I can be sure will be a great new addition to LoL knowing that Riot has me and everyone else in mind when it comes to developing Dominion and ensuring it is worthy of release.

I know how frustration it can be to hear Riot tell us "soon", but know they worded it like that for the benefit of themselves in providing ample time to ensure it will be a great gaming experience and the community in the great gaming experience that is sure to come. This won't be another "Magma Chamber" because some of us have actually played it and even more of us have witnessed fellow gamers playing it. Last time I checked, Magma Chamber was just a concept to the community, all we had was concept art.

WaterD103

09-01-2011

There is a false dichotomy in Jozrael statement. The options arent Soon and HARD DATE.
You can say for example"We plan to release next week, its likely, but its possible that we find a problem and we delay it for 1 month or so. Also extremely unlikey but possible that we end just releasing it Q1 of next year." Just to give an example. Soon is meaningless. I remember when Replays were gonna be soon. What we got? Soon is the same than saying "We may never release it"

Ricje

09-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealMithron View Post
Well, I understand why it didn't come out this Tuesday. This Tuesday was not a regular patch day, and next Tuesday is.
You seem to be forgetting Dominion came with last patch.
Everything is there. There's also a screenshot on the forums somewhere showing a RIOT on EUW that has a game of Dominion in his match history. This once again shows that the mode is already available.

Why they're delaying after so many months of internal playing and showing it at Gamescom and PAX is beyond me. Though they already broke their "shortly after PAX" promise.

Quote:
They were nice enough to give us an ETA, apply common sense and know that things rarely ever go as scheduled and planned.
"Shortly after" something is not an ETA. It has no date or day added to it.

Quote:
Expect disappointment,
Have already been disappointed for days so it can't get any worse

Makzin

09-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricje View Post

"Shortly after" something is not an ETA. It has no date or day added to it.
ETA = Estimated time to arrival.

Shortly after PAX = very vague estimate

12345612 ... 16