Here's the thing

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dyisgr8

Junior Member

09-07-2011

here's a quick list of guidelines/things wrong with this thread
-they're probably waiting for school to start again so that the kids who go to school don't bog the servers down.
-if someone on the internet tells you they have a masters when you're having a debate of some kind with them, you are being trolled.
-riot is working on it. get over it.

peace.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iPerv

Senior Member

09-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozrael View Post
But...these estimates change.

If you're unhappy because 'soon' is turning out to be longer than you thought it was, how much unhappier would you be if we'd given a hard date and passed it? We go past internal release dates all the time because we don't want to create negative player experiences.



Soon is honestly about as close as we can get, because of what I mentioned above - when we start getting specific, we start being able to break expectations we've explicitly set.
In other words, SC2 is coming out soon guys; ten yrs later, here is the first part folks.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jellyxz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-07-2011

The severs are broken. -.- they really need to fix it already, it's embarrassing. Just imagine when Dominion comes out


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

reaper1103

Senior Member

09-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozrael View Post
But...these estimates change.

If you're unhappy because 'soon' is turning out to be longer than you thought it was, how much unhappier would you be if we'd given a hard date and passed it? We go past internal release dates all the time because we don't want to create negative player experiences.



Soon is honestly about as close as we can get, because of what I mentioned above - when we start getting specific, we start being able to break expectations we've explicitly set.
see thats all i wanted to hear is that frankly its not done yet but we are still working on it so hold your horses kind of thing just so we know not to all start rageing and shooting up places just cause its not out i mean really im just starting to get good with all the normal stuff im not lvl 30 yet and i mean really if u cant wait get a side game i do it all the time with old school sonic games and just cause 2 something to pass the time when it gets old but my main game will always be LoL its not like your dateing LoL u can see others on the side =D


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Magma Armor0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CartmanVT View Post
People aren't mad because it's not out. They are mad because Riot said "Soon after PAX." If your boss asks when something will be done and you say soon, they will expect it within the week if not within the day. Also, we have seen gameplay and a HUGE amount of hype. So we know the game mode is working. There might be some glitches, but what doesn't have glitches? But a company saying a blanket statement of when something will come out is not enough for today's consumer. We like solid dates. I'd be much happier if the game mode came out when they said with glitches than if it didn't come out until a good bit later than intended and perfect (Which perfection is impossible to achieve).

I love me some LoL, but when a company says soon or late August I expect soon or late August, not mid September. Blizzard lost a lot of respect when SC2 went from 2 years later to 12 years later. It's bad business.
A) they never said August. PAX ended what, August 28? it was NEVER going to be released in August.
B) they said "definitely not" 1 week after PAX, and "no comment" to 2 weeks after PAX. so that means 2 weeks at best, 3-4 weeks probably.
C) 2 weeks after August 28 is September 11. AT BEST, they will have it out then. and even then, that's extremely doubtful. Personally, I'm betting on either the 13th or the 20th.
D)the 7th of September is not mid September.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

reaper1103

Senior Member

09-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya Fey View Post
Further proof that a master's degree means nothing nowadays. You just made me a little more disappointed with the current state of the world.

Stop studying and do what you do best: be average in video-games.
sad but very true


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Squarely Circle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

09-07-2011

QQ MORE PLEASE, I FEED OFF OF IT! Mmm delicious!

Expect dominion next week. God **** QQ'ers.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Virus Scan Me

Senior Member

09-07-2011

"If you're unhappy because 'soon' is turning out to be longer than you thought it was, how much unhappier would you be if we'd given a hard date and passed it? We go past internal release dates all the time because we don't want to create negative player experiences."

We just want the truth.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

naotasan

Senior Member

09-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by InMyArms View Post
Sorry but I find it ridiculous that a company can't say when something is coming out.
Duke Nukem Forever.

That's all I need to say to make your argument invalid.