Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot, Ignoring questions about Dominion's Release date?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1Kenpachi1

09-01-2011

I saw so many threads asking about a release date, can the Riot Games company, not ignore their customers by asking a date for this big update in the game?
I think we deserve some transparency about that information?
Thanks.

calmdownwow

09-01-2011

They told us....soon

bigmontana

09-01-2011

Ignoring us? Why yes, yes they are. And for good reason. If they miss any date they've ever said there's an unnecessarily large amount of whining on the forums. They said "soon after PAX" so that they could make sure its working and tuned correctly when released. Calm yourself down and just be excited whenever it does come out. A few days (or even weeks) won't kill anyone. I'd much rather just wait if it means no bugs or glitches and a smooth launch

Jawzie

09-01-2011

It's a free game.. You think we actually deserve anything Riot does for us? They can do whatever they want. If they want to surprise us by releasing it unannounced so their servers don't get destroyed by everyone logging in at the same time, that's fine with me.

Count Fistula

09-01-2011

The only reason I am not crying Magma chamber on this is because of the streams I saw of dominion. Otherwise the way they are handling this is eerily similar to MC.

RealMithron

09-01-2011

Listen. They don't even know when the release date will be. As soon as they know they will tell us. It's not one person that makes all the decisions in the company, and it's not like only one person is working on Dominion.

There's a bunch of teams that work on Dominion, and each of those teams have their own teams even. This is how video games are made.

They need the OK from all of those teams to say this is perfectly ready to release then they need to confirm it with the marketing team and the servers team and the president and all this stuff that goes down when you make video games.

This is why there's no set release date yet. None of it is confirmed. Once it's confirmed, they'll tell us. Besides, the people that we actually see and talk to on the forums or hear from at all from Twitter/Facebook/anywhere on the net where we actually see Riot employees talking? Those are community members, they barely do any of the work in the team, their sole purpose in life is to say stuff we as the public see. They're the bottom of the bottom in Riot; no one cares about them and they only know as much as we do, only giving us information when the teams actually, you know, make the decisions and tell them what they are. This is how games work.

It's not like Phreak is actually sitting there with all the answers behind Riot; he only knows as much as we do and what the teams tell him in meetings, which isn't all that much and he usually shares it all immediately.

So stop thinking of the community Rioters as actual Rioters with information and answers, and start thinking of them as the red-headed step child of the company because that's what they are. They take the most heat and blame from us why? Because they're there and we can actually say stuff to them. We can't actually say stuff to the people that are actually doing the work and making the decisions.

tl;dr: Not even Riot knows when the release date is yet because so many teams are working on it, once they know, they'll announce it or ninja release it on Tuesday if the marketing team decides that's the best decision, or they're having bad communication problems between all the teams.

1Kenpachi1

09-01-2011

Lovely community....

RealMithron

09-01-2011

Quote:
1Kenpachi1:
Lovely community....

You're the problem, having the gall to say Riot is "ignoring questions about the release date." That's just ignorance and you're going out of your way to insult them with it.

Genoknight

09-01-2011

Late August

O wait

Gekiha

09-01-2011

We are lucky this game is even free, b4 i used to play this i used to play wizard 101 -,-