Ping pingpingpingping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sheldons

05-21-2010

i hate it when people repetitvely ping, there should be a way to mute it or make it a more enjoyable sound

True Bandito

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-21-2010

Quote:
...make it a more enjoyable sound
Perhaps change it so each ping will sound like a woman who is about to come? Just kidding.

Hekkle

05-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Bandito View Post
Perhaps change it so each ping will sound like a woman who is about to come? Just kidding.
Bad idea, and I just turn my sound down when people are repetitively ping spamming.

Heartwood

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-21-2010

There should be an enforced delay for pings, growing longer each time, like ressurections.

Surik

05-23-2010

I've been reduced to screaming rage at some people who ping like mad... like just won't lay off and ping 20 times for a single event. they need to add a strangle the hell of someone who desperately needs it option so you can mute those guys.

Blahrfengahr

05-25-2010

What if they implemented a volume reduction to each successive ping for a 3s period?

EG: P I N G!!! PING!! Ping! ping!

RiotJay

Associate Sound Designer

06-01-2010
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Hey guys,

These are all great suggestions to this issue. We've been considering different solutions and we'll be sure to take these all into consideration.

Right now, we are thinking we'd like to give you the ability to mute pings from specific users that you are playing with. This would insure that you can mute spammers without sacrificing the pings utility when another player on your team is attempting to use the feature correctly.

How would you guys feel about this solution?

Swaf

06-01-2010

Sounds good,but I'd like to see the disruptive players pings to be removed from the minimap aswell, so you can make a real distinction between the real and the spam pings.

DragonArmy

06-01-2010

why not just limit the pings to three within a 10 second period?

Corran

06-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywatford View Post
Hey guys,

These are all great suggestions to this issue. We've been considering different solutions and we'll be sure to take these all into consideration.

Right now, we are thinking we'd like to give you the ability to mute pings from specific users that you are playing with. This would insure that you can mute spammers without sacrificing the pings utility when another player on your team is attempting to use the feature correctly.

How would you guys feel about this solution?
The problem with that is that you can't tell who it is if they don't ping something that shows up as a message. I'd rather a time delay between pings. The most I ever need is to be able to do the 3 pings from one lane to another in a short amount of time. Anything more than 3 pings is unnecessary.