Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I just quit WoW. HALP!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tømøya

02-23-2012

For me, finally hocking my WoW account for 300$ late Dec(Merry Christmas Account buyer!) and quitting felt like a RELIEF. Withdrawal? Lol? It felt like a nice big weight of restraint was finally taken off my shoulders and my time. Blizzard has been pissing on its own playerbase, especially the PvPers, year after year and even more so during Cata. I was waiting months for the game to get good, playing an arena every week that I hated every week, spending hours using a random BG queue I don't like to try get my daily CP. Raiding still sucked as much as it did in previous years. When I stress my concerns to the forums, they then ban me over and over until its permanent for no logical reason. Not caring is one thing... but forum ban wacking just to censor/silence/ignore problems is sad. I especially liked the blue post that basically said, "Ya, we broke low lvl PvP... and we're not planning to fix it". Goes to show as much they care. Seriously, I didn't make that up. A blue came out and SAID that they broke low lvl PvP and HAD NO INTENTION of ever fixing it. If that is the case, then just start us out at lvl80, fukers.

I was ANXIOUS to quit in the prior weeks. I lvled my last toon and farmed gold just to raise my account's value.(He bought an account with 6 lvl85 toons, all heirlooms+65kg) I was relieved the last time I hit 85. I was relieved the last time my prof hit 525. I was relieved the last time I got a toon to full PvP. I was relieved when I finally got my money back. I bought a product, and I didn't get it. At all. I felt scammed all year. I wanted my money back. I finally washed my hands of that horrid game and got my refund. I was RELIEVED to finally uninstall the game, crack the Cata disc, and throw its game box out in the yard for the dogs chew on.

Unlike previous years where I returned, such as for WotlK and again for Cata, again and again for more disappointment, this time I am never going back. They've cheated, scammed, and ignored its players long enough. They have proven inside and outside year after year that they don't care the slightest bit about PvP balance or features. I'm signed up for the Guild Wars 2 beta now and will spend this summer in Star Wars if I don't get in that. No more Warcraft for me. It's ancient history. I sold my account, and I'm proud of that. They stick it to you, you should be able to stick it right back.(I should add that my favorite class was Rogue, the class that got SHAT on all last year) So far I have given 110$ from my WoW Account sale to League of Legends.

Let all the stupid kids enjoy their kong fu pandas in the next expansion. My 2005 made account is finally gone and I'm never gong back. No more Warcraft for me. I look forward to GW2, which will have Necromancer and Engineer as actual classes, something I've always wanted. There's also no more stupid imbalanced "tank heal dps" meta system. 45 minutes in a queue just to do a dungeon? Healers that are **** near impossible to kill in PvP? Tanks that can absorb 2-3x as much dps as you yet inflict just as much dps as you? NO MORE OF THESE THINGS.

Raging Hipster

02-23-2012

Quote:
&:
For me, finally hocking my WoW account for 300$ late Dec(Merry Christmas Account buyer!) and quitting felt like a RELIEF. Withdrawal? Lol? It felt like a nice big weight of restraint was finally taken off my shoulders and my time. Blizzard has been pissing on its own playerbase, especially the PvPers, year after year and even more so during Cata. I was waiting months for the game to get good, playing an arena every week that I hated every week, spending hours using a random BG queue I don't like to try get my daily CP. Raiding still sucked as much as it did in previous years. When I stress my concerns to the forums, they then ban me over and over until its permanent for no logical reason. Not caring is one thing... but forum ban wacking just to censor/silence/ignore problems is sad. I especially liked the blue post that basically said, "Ya, we broke low lvl PvP... and we're not planning to fix it". Goes to show as much they care. Seriously, I didn't make that up. A blue came out and SAID that they broke low lvl PvP and HAD NO INTENTION of ever fixing it. If that is the case, then just start us out at lvl80, fukers.

I was ANXIOUS to quit in the prior weeks. I lvled my last toon and farmed gold just to raise my account's value.(He bought an account with 6 lvl85 toons, all heirlooms+65kg) I was relieved the last time I hit 85. I was relieved the last time my prof hit 525. I was relieved the last time I got a toon to full PvP. I was relieved when I finally got my money back. I bought a product, and I didn't get it. At all. I felt scammed all year. I wanted my money back. I finally washed my hands of that horrid game and got my refund. I was RELIEVED to finally uninstall the game, crack the Cata disc, and throw its game box out in the yard for the dogs chew on.

Unlike previous years where I returned, such as for WotlK and again for Cata, again and again for more disappointment, this time I am never going back. They've cheated, scammed, and ignored its players long enough. They have proven inside and outside year after year that they don't care the slightest bit about PvP balance or features. I'm signed up for the Guild Wars 2 beta now and will spend this summer in Star Wars if I don't get in that. No more Warcraft for me. It's ancient history. I sold my account, and I'm proud of that. They stick it to you, you should be able to stick it right back.(I should add that my favorite class was Rogue, the class that got SHAT on all last year) So far I have given 110$ from my WoW Account sale to League of Legends.

Let all the stupid kids enjoy their kong fu pandas in the next expansion. My 2005 made account is finally gone and I'm never gong back. No more Warcraft for me. I look forward to GW2, which will have Necromancer and Engineer as actual classes, something I've always wanted. There's also no more stupid imbalanced "tank heal dps" meta system. 45 minutes in a queue just to do a dungeon? Healers that are **** near impossible to kill in PvP? Tanks that can absorb 2-3x as much dps as you yet inflict just as much dps as you? NO MORE OF THESE THINGS.

Someone was bad at WoW I see.

Revanence

02-23-2012

Quitting WoW was hard for me. I had such an abundance of free time I didnt know what to do with myself. I suggest drinking some beer if you can to celebrate. Then find another game or something else to do with your time. Play some LoL or play Mass Effect 2. Maybe play a game like Black Ops or MW3.

The only time I ever relapsed is when I went to play on a private vanilla WoW server.