Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I just quit WoW. HALP!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nosticlol

09-01-2011

I played WoW from beta untill Cataclysm, I discovered League of Legends a couple months ago. Ironically the same time i quit playing WoW. :P

WoW is dying, And i'm not exaggerating. Statistics don't lie.

Doghealer

09-01-2011

Quote:
ThinkSammich:
Quitting something instead of learning to enjoy it in moderation is a pretty bad mindset to have and if you aren't careful it will rule your life.

trust me i know :X

That might work for things like beer, but MMOs are a different story.

MMOs are typically designed to cause you to invest large amounts of time in playing it before you get any sort of substantial payback. That makes playing in moderation too much of a sacrifice for the serious gamer. MMOs are designed that way as a market competition strategy; by 'forcing' people to spend all their time playing this MMO, they aren't able to spend any time playing the other MMO.

On the other hand, I DID have another guild, that was purely RP-centric. I may go back occasionally to pay them a visit. Raiding, however, is dead.

Quote:
Nosticlol:
WoW is dying, And i'm not exaggerating. Statistics don't lie.

Can I get a source on your statistics?

Fyrianna

09-01-2011

Getting invested in a video game to the point that you can't feel well without it sounds unhealthy.

Good job on quitting.

Doghealer

09-01-2011

Quote:
Fyrianna:
Getting invested in a video game to the point that you can't feel well without it sounds unhealthy.

Good job on quitting.

Did I just accidentally prove smoking is bad?

Because it is.

TheStrelok

09-01-2011

Also quit not long after Cata was released. Deleted everything tied to my account, all my toons and boa gear, etc. Recently tried to get back in, no go. It's just too **** boring for me. Didn't help that the realm I was on was pretty bad, medium pop, bad guilds, bad pugs, bad pvp group.

You won't miss it. I figure I spent about $400 on the frickin game. Think about the money spent and you'll realize it's not worth it.

Coedeed

09-01-2011

I stopped right here "1) Raiding just isn't fun anymore. It's a chore."

Uh, you never played vanilla, so you have no idea what real raiding is. Raiding has been progressively becoming easier.

Doghealer

09-01-2011

Quote:
Coedeed:
I stopped right here "1) Raiding just isn't fun anymore. It's a chore."

Uh, you never played vanilla, so you have no idea what real raiding is. Raiding has been progressively becoming easier.

Yeah, you're right. I wish I was around for Vanilla. Sadly, I wasn't. And now that Blizz is doing it wrong, I'm done.

Doghealer

09-01-2011

I feel less funny. It's been roughly 22 hours. I still feel funnyish.

WTB moar healz.

Yeah, that still a weird metaphor.

Kragorn

09-02-2011

Quote:
Doghealer:
Lemme put it this way. There's a hidden fourth, all-important reason I probably forgot to mention. NEEDING to quit. I've been needing to quit for years. I just never wanted to. Now that I've finally been tipped juuuuuuust far enough over the edge between quitting and not quitting, I've taken the huge leap I've been needing to take. Then fell 100 feet. That funny feeling I mentioned are the wounds from falling so far. This post is me going "ZOMG HALP, I JUST LOST LOTS OF HPZ AND NEED HEALZ".

.....That's probably the weirdest metaphor I've ever made.

Lol, actually I understand perfectly. I didn't quit directly either, I quit for three months, came back for two, then quit for good. It's tough to quit an addicting game cold turkey . But it's a good thing---I've gotten to move on to other games like LOL and also catch up on a number of games I missed while playing WOW.

LMQ UZl

02-23-2012

I use to like Wow Arenas, now I laugh my ass off when I see people play them. Broken system now.