Leavers and AFKers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fiddlesnarfx

08-31-2011

So it greatly confuses me that after 2 years Riot has yet to put in any little thing to help with leavers and AFKers.
The most basic thing is to kick people from champion select who don't pick a champion.
There are dozen of other features that Riot could implement to help with leavers and afkers.
Another simple and basic feature that should have been in the game, if you're AFK or have disconnected for more than 10mins then kick the player from that game giving him/her a leavers mark then spread out the earned gold from that champion to the rest of the team.

I'm sure there are dozens of other ideas people have, what's yours?

sex haver

08-31-2011

i think being able to split the leaver's items and gold would make a huge difference. or it automatically sold the afkers/ leavers items and then split the money. but that wouldnt help much around the 50 minute mark unless you're a support.

TimmahIsASaint

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2011

If someone leaves penalize them double ELO and then end the game saving everyone elses ELO.

Or something extreme to the leaver while saving other ppls elo.

CloudCarry

08-31-2011

why dont we do a D/C queue for people that want to take over for someone that D/Ced and it will have copied their runes and masteries for the new person..
: a summoner has been replaced. a summoner has connected!

would be nice to have summoner heroes to save me from all my d/cs.

if the person reconnects he takes back over and the person who was filling in gets booted back to his main screen only to hope to be someone elses "hero" in another game.

Fiddlesnarfx

08-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySouth69 View Post
why dont we do a D/C queue for people that want to take over for someone that D/Ced and it will have copied their runes and masteries for the new person..
: a summoner has been replaced. a summoner has connected!

would be nice to have summoner heroes to save me from all my d/cs.

if the person reconnects he takes back over and the person who was filling in gets booted back to his main screen only to hope to be someone elses "hero" in another game.
This is a good idea, but have the person who took over for the leaver lose half the normal amount of elo they would normally, would be a good incentive for people to join existing games.
Copying runes and masteries isn't a good idea, people wouldn't buy runes then, they'd just rely on other people for their runes. Also having the original leaver be able to reconnect and kick the replacement isn't good either, give the leaver a leavers mark and let the replacement stay in. How pissed would you be if you got in a game, played for an hour or more, get seconds from winning then get kicked out and the leaver gets the win instead?

Vlyigi

08-31-2011

*A player has disconnected*
"Oh yay, tons of gold."
*A player has reconnected*

?????

Kenshikiz

08-31-2011

its because they don't care its quite obvious, they are too busy making skins / champs / doing dumb nerfs

ReaverKing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2011

Look, I try and leave the can opener and some Campbell's soup on the counter at all times but sometimes I forget and my 11 year-old daughter keeps bugging me to make her lunch when she comes home from school. "Just like a border collie" says my wife. My ass.

Seriously folks, we all loose track of time once in a while or forget about that thing we promised to do two months ago. Or worse, someone we care about needs our help right now and 4 strangers on the internet just can't compete. Its the frivolous leavers and the griefers that are the real problem. Riot doesn't really need to "crack down" or anything. If someone has a bad habit of leaving games in progress that will catch up to them eventually. Sometimes though, you just gotta say "sorry, this game has gone on for 57 minutes and I have to go. There is something more important in my life than a video game."

Fiddlesnarfx

08-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acricaloris View Post
*A player has disconnected*
"Oh yay, tons of gold."
*A player has reconnected*

?????
Try reading the actual thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaverKing View Post
Look, I try and leave the can opener and some Campbell's soup on the counter at all times but sometimes I forget and my 11 year-old daughter keeps bugging me to make her lunch when she comes home from school. "Just like a border collie" says my wife. My ass.

Seriously folks, we all loose track of time once in a while or forget about that thing we promised to do two months ago. Or worse, someone we care about needs our help right now and 4 strangers on the internet just can't compete. Its the frivolous leavers and the griefers that are the real problem. Riot doesn't really need to "crack down" or anything. If someone has a bad habit of leaving games in progress that will catch up to them eventually. Sometimes though, you just gotta say "sorry, this game has gone on for 57 minutes and I have to go. There is something more important in my life than a video game."
A leaver is a leaver, it doesn't matter how or why you leave, you still ruin 9 other people's game.

Fiddlesnarfx

08-31-2011

Bump.