Twisted Fate: Why Attack Speed Stacking Is Bad and What Is Better

123456 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brees

05-20-2010

I dont know about your elo, but rushing razors at high elo is a very common strat after taking mid. he is designed to gank so you obviously want to take the lizard/golem buffs asap. doesnt mean you have to finish it into madred's though.

Remiko Elliot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmTheSpoon View Post
I prefer SotD over Last Whisper.
I'd love some math comparing the two combining them with other items or themselves.
I will get right on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBruha View Post
So Phantom Dancer x5 isnt a viable build>?
Is that a viable build on anyone?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brees View Post
I dont know about your elo, but rushing razors at high elo is a very common strat after taking mid. he is designed to gank so you obviously want to take the lizard/golem buffs asap. doesnt mean you have to finish it into madred's though.
There is a flaw in your logic though. You are assuming that you can take mid tower. TF is designed to be to a solo-mid character but there are plenty of champions who are much better at mid than he is. Assuming equal skill level, TF will not be able to take mid tower against many champions.
And if you don't build it into a Bloodrazor, that's even less useful.

McBruha

05-20-2010

lol for even possibly considering seriousness on that

Jerrett

05-20-2010

This guy is 100% correct.

The problem with stacking AS is that it is a lot faster to build up the AS components than that AD components and the early AS helps TF with pushing a lot more than AD does. Now, if you finish your core build of a few AS items and then stack AD you melt people. One of the most successful builds I've had was AS items (malady/bloodrazor/sotd) then a sword of the occult because I was rolling well in mid game. 20 stacks on that and TF is a machine.

deamon32

05-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrett View Post
This guy is 100% correct.

The problem with stacking AS is that it is a lot faster to build up the AS components than that AD components and the early AS helps TF with pushing a lot more than AD does. Now, if you finish your core build of a few AS items and then stack AD you melt people. One of the most successful builds I've had was AS items (malady/bloodrazor/sotd) then a sword of the occult because I was rolling well in mid game. 20 stacks on that and TF is a machine.
I still need to fully read the OP but this man speaks the truth.

I have read many TF item builds and ultimately I was always disappointed at how long it took to really develop a lot of the builds out there. It would not be until lvl 12 or so until I actually felt I was doing good damage.

Early game my entire focus is on movement speed and attack spead. Zeal + Whisper.
Mid game my focus starts to become more AP orientated.
Late game its all about AP and crit. If for whatever reason the game lasts forever I will go for an infinity blade which puts me at 90% crit with 220+ AP and 1.9 attack speed.

But either way I am going to read the full guide and give it a shot for a few games. Just the fact that you have a ton of theorycrafting in your guide makes it have win written all over it.

Remiko Elliot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-20-2010

Update: Lots of SotD builds added as requested. Mid-Late Game Summary section edited to reflect on new findings.

YoonieDaCutie

05-20-2010

Question: I always go 2x Doran's Blades / Boots / SotD / Brutalizer-> Youmu's as TF. (I take Red elixir after Youmu's usually). Is this efficient DPS for the gold cost? I choose SotD/Brut->Youmu's because I want the option of backdooring.

Remiko Elliot

05-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyxnyxnyx View Post
Question: I always go 2x Doran's Blades / Boots / SotD / Brutalizer-> Youmu's as TF. (I take Red elixir after Youmu's usually). Is this efficient DPS for the gold cost? I choose SotD/Brut->Youmu's because I want the option of backdooring.
I'll test this out just for you after I'm done with this game

Brees

05-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voistriser View Post
I will get right on that.

Is that a viable build on anyone?...

There is a flaw in your logic though. You are assuming that you can take mid tower. TF is designed to be to a solo-mid character but there are plenty of champions who are much better at mid than he is. Assuming equal skill level, TF will not be able to take mid tower against many champions.
And if you don't build it into a Bloodrazor, that's even less useful.

farming/pushing faster on a backdoor champ isn't useful? news to me. 1k gold isnt a lot, you can get it from sidelane TF as well.

NoirReverie

Recruiter

05-20-2010

Just wanted to point out that the way to round down in Excel is

Quote:
=floor(number, significance)
So if you did =floor(3.3, 1), it would round down to the nearest integer, giving you 3.

To round up, replace floor with ceiling.

Anyway, I really liked your in depth calculations of everything and appreciate the time you spent doing all of it.

123456 ... 11