Armour Pen, or AS Marks for Nocturne?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hotdogs

08-31-2011

as gives faster jungle
apen is better for fighting enemy champs

dirtpoor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2011

My preference must be different. I like working his attack speed and getting as many passive procs in as possible. Attack speed refreshes his passive faster.

Nexus Crawler

08-31-2011

I don't personally play Noc but considering it: I would probably run ArPen marks, and AS Quints. This would seriously speed up jungling, and still make him a walking wrecking ball with his passive. You'd only have 21 ArPen (Mastery included) and 14% AS (again mastery) but with his Spellshield passive of at least 15% you'll basically be sitting on pretty good AS while still being able to stack Wriggles/AD/ArPen for later.

I run a similiar setup for my Xin page, so it should work out pretty well or maybe even better.

Also note if you prefer you can switch them around AS Marks and ArPen Quints. It would only be 19% AS and 16 ArPen that way but early it would completely negate the Armor of most squishies.

fadetob1ack

08-31-2011

how much armor do monsters and minions have?

Ayestes

08-31-2011

You should only be concerned about 12 Armor Penetration for clearing the jungle if you really want to be optimal. You will still damage champions... however.

Axemdrake

08-31-2011

My noct jungle setup:

marks: arpen
seals: flat armor
glyphs: as
quints: flat hp

Cerubus

08-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by End0fDay View Post
Well, while I'm here, what seals and glyphs do you use? I'm assuming armour for yellow, but yeah. Kind of in the fog about glifs.
While my runes aren't ideal in any way, they are cheap and widely use able for many champs. For yellow seals i have mana regen, as they are good for spamming duskbringer early on. For blue glyphs, I mostly have cooldown ones, but because of price, I have some magic resistance glyphs.

For quints, I have 1 attack speed and 1 mana regen.

Ideally I would use:
Marks- all Armor Pen
Seals- either Attack Speed or health per level ( maybe mana regen if you want to spam duskbringer?)
Glyphs- Magic resistance/ lvl
Quints- Attack speed

Forgot to mention that I don't really jungle with Noct. unless there are no enemy champs nearby.

Bilebub

08-31-2011

Dan Dinh uses arp

End0fDay

08-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilebub View Post
Dan Dinh uses arp
I looked at his Noc page and saw no AS. =) I'm thinking of throwing just a bit of AS to help the jungle though. Flat HP or anything else to help my early game as well. Ty Axemdrake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebus5 View Post
Forgot to mention that I don't really jungle with Noct. unless there are no enemy champs nearby.
Thanks. I assumed you jungled because of wriggle's lantern but I guess that's just a good item for him anyway. I used to use bThirster cos I laned, but... wow wriggle's is nice.

Khranz

08-31-2011

You'll hit harder going with ArP throughout the game, but you'll clear jungle more efficiently early on with AS.

I use to run ArP, but now I always run AS when I jungle Noc. It's helped my jungle game with him so... meh... whatever works for you I guess.