General Mastery Pages

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ClaytonTanner

08-30-2011

I just started playing yesterday and I'm looking for two "general" mastery pages that will work for all champions. Something like one for fighters and one for mages. I'm still in the process of switching between champions and deciding on a favorite, until then I'd like to be able to have a "quick" mastery page to select when choosing a champion. Any advice? Thanks!

Minice

08-30-2011

9/21/0 works pretty well for any champ...cept jungle... i see tons of people go 9/0/21

mostly the differance in 9/21/0 is in the offensive tree for casters you want the 15% spell per for melee you either want spell pen or attack speed.

Yuukyou

08-30-2011

There are a few more degrees of separation than just mages and fighters. I'll give you my mastery pages as a reference point.

Here are some example mastery pages:
-21/0/9, taking Deadliness, *one point Archmage's Savvy (swap for Exhaust/Smite if you take it), Alacrity, 3 points in Sorcery, Sunder, Brute Force, Lethality and Havoc in the offensive tree. In the utility tree, I take Good Hands, one in Perseverance, Awareness and one point in Utility Mastery. This page is very strong on physical champions and especially ranged carries.
-21/9/0 taking all of the same offensive as 21/0/9, but with three points each in Resistance, Hardiness and Harden Skin in the defensive tree. This is an alternate page to 21/0/9 for ranged carries, if you don't need the increased duration of neutral buffs. It makes your early game a little stronger.
-0/21/9 taking Resistance, Hardiness, Harden Skin, Evasion, Nimbleness, Defensive Mastery, Veteran's Scars and Tenacity in the defensive tree, and (3/*1 or *1/3, personal preference) points in Good Hands/Perseverance, Awareness and either Greed or Utility Mastery in the utility tree. I'd judge this as a tank or jungler's default page, you get a lot of damage reduction and beefiness with this page.
-0/21/9, taking all of the same defensive masteries as above, but instead taking Good Hands, Awareness/Expanded Mind and Greed (with *one point in Perseverance). This is a support's page, you'll take less damage and can help your lane mate much more easily. Greed also helps gold issues you might have as a support.
9/0/21 taking Archmage's Savvy, *one point in Deadliness, Sorcery and Archaic Knowledge in the offensive tree, and Good Hands, one point Perseverance, Expanded Mind, Meditation, Utility Mastery, Quickness, Blink of an Eye, Intelligence and Presence of the Master in the utility tree. This is a standard offensive caster's page, Archaic Knowledge is really strong and Presence of the Master is just crazy strong (especially combined with your summoner spells' masteries). Your mana issues are alleviated a little, blue buff lasts longer on you and you get some cooldown reduction, which is nice.
*Remember that one wasted point in each page that I just list in one of the first tier masteries? Put that point into the mastery of the summoner spell you use if you use one of the first-row summoner spells (Cripple for Exhaust, Plentiful Bounty for Smite, Spatial Accuracy for Teleport, or Haste for Ghost).

You won't really have to worry about masteries too much in the early summoner levels, once you decide on a role you like filling just put 21 points into the tree that helps your play style the most. The exception I'd say is a caster, take Archaic Knowledge then start working your way down the Utility tree. The 15% magic penetration is super useful, especially early on when players tend to not buy as much defensive equipment.

For AP I go 9/0/21, for ranged AD carries I go 21/0/9 (unless I think I'm gonna be harassed heavily, then I'll go 21/9/0) and I use the tank page for tanks (I'll also use it for junglers when I get some).