firewall error

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

drunkenretard

09-14-2009

i live in a college dorm and i downloaded LoL and it installed fine im able to log in select my champion but as soon as the game starts i get the LOL emblem in my screen and then i get a msg saying the game crashed it tells me it may be due to my fire wall ive made LOL a exception on my fire wall along with the patcher.exe ive lowered my ie secruity but i still get the same crash everytime it just asks if i want to try and reconnect

reapermaster

09-14-2009

have you tried disabling/stopping the windows firewall?
Does your anti-virus have a firewall?
If you have already ruled out your PC then it would be the campus that is controlling the firewall. If that is the case then your options may be limited.

Pacifius

09-14-2009

I received a Beta key and downloaded League of Legends loader with no problems. The installation ran smoothly, I downloaded Adobe Air, etc. The problem is that as soon as I double click the icon LoL disappears 4 seconds after I open it. It closes before the updater starts. There is no error message, the launcher just disappears without notice.

I have the ports open.
I have windows firewall turned off.
I have internet security turned to low.
I changed PatchEULAAccepted=0 to PatchEULAAccepted=1
I installed LoL to (C: not (C:/Program Files (because I'm on vista).
I disabled p2p sharing in the otions log.

This is a copy of my logs, which show there is still a problem with windows firewall:

09/14/2009 11:22 [INFO] Solid LauncherLib [1.0.0.32] initializing...
09/14/2009 11:22 [INFO] Add App[League of Legends Launcher] Exe[C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\lol.launcher.exe] to Windows Firewall
09/14/2009 11:22 [INFO] Patcher_AddPackage([LOL.Patcher],[http://lolcdn.leagueoflegends.com/h2.../patcher/lol/],[C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\]) successful

Does anybody have any other suggestions?

Its Not Me

09-16-2009

my friend have same problem, and this doesnot end after remove all firewals from his computer

Veridic Rage

09-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacifius View Post
I received a Beta key and downloaded League of Legends loader with no problems. The installation ran smoothly, I downloaded Adobe Air, etc. The problem is that as soon as I double click the icon LoL disappears 4 seconds after I open it. It closes before the updater starts. There is no error message, the launcher just disappears without notice.

I have the ports open.
I have windows firewall turned off.
I have internet security turned to low.
I changed PatchEULAAccepted=0 to PatchEULAAccepted=1
I installed LoL to (C: not (C:/Program Files (because I'm on vista).
I disabled p2p sharing in the otions log.

This is a copy of my logs, which show there is still a problem with windows firewall:

09/14/2009 11:22 [INFO] Solid LauncherLib [1.0.0.32] initializing...
09/14/2009 11:22 [INFO] Add App[League of Legends Launcher] Exe[C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\lol.launcher.exe] to Windows Firewall
09/14/2009 11:22 [INFO] Patcher_AddPackage([LOL.Patcher],[http://lolcdn.leagueoflegends.com/h2.../patcher/lol/],[C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\]) successful

Does anybody have any other suggestions?
Are you running Vista 64 bit? And what permissions do you have? Also do you have UAC enabled or disabled?

Pacifius

09-16-2009

Yeah iI have vista 64 bit.

I'm not too computer savy, so I don't really know what you mean by "permissions". I disabled my router's internal security, windows firewall, removed norton completely, ran ad-aware to remove any malware that could interrupt the launcher from working, and opened all ports. Aaaand once again, don't have that much knowledge about abou computers, so i don't know what the UAC is.

reapermaster

09-16-2009

pacifius,

what is your email address?

If you dont mind my asisting further I will email you some contact information. However with you being on a college campus it may not be your computer it may be the campus internet.

Pacifius

09-16-2009

I'm actually on a home network, not school. I have access to every part of the network, which might speed up the process. My e-mail address is jhsherman6918@gmail.com.

Reaper, I haven't been a recipient for a lot of your solutions, but I'm sure you've helped a ton of people get access to beta, which is great. I'm sure the Riot staff is very appreciative of your dedication.

And here's a list of every step I've gone through:

Windows Vista Service pack 2
IE version 8
Set up static IP
Opened ports 2099 and 5223, and 5000-5032 UDP
Reset internet settings
Reduced internet protection to a minimum
Turned off windows firewall
Ran services.msc and stopped windows firewall
Turned off security settings for network modem/router
Changed PatchEULAAccepted=0 to PatchEULAAccepted=1
Run LoLLauncher as admin
Installed LoL to (C: not (C:/Program Files (because I'm on vista).
Disabled p2p sharing in the options log
Enabled p2p sharing in the options log
Downloaded and ran ad-aware to remove any interfering viruses, malware, etc.
Ran the Netlyzer and eliminated any red warnings
Uninstalled and Reinstalled League of Legends after nearly every step, including Adobe Air

Here are my logs:

Attachment 2972
Attachment 2973

Shaniquah

09-16-2009

I'm having the same issue. I have no firewalls operating anywhere along my home network, and I've been playing games with no problem for days. All of the sudden I cannot reconnect; it continually tells me:

"Unable to connect to the server. If you have a firewall it may be blocking the connection. Please refer to your firewall's documentation. Would you like to retry the connection?"

If I retry it just loops back to this message after a minute or two of inactivity. And if I cancel the game crashes and I must restart it.

Any suggestions? I've restarted my router, modem, and computer with no effect. There appears to be no reason for the sudden change.

Pacifius

09-17-2009

I just ran the patcher_update application. Here's the patcher update log:

EmuCore v0.50 (rev: 9.61A.0A2D.28)
Solid Patcher Update Version 1.0.0.24
====[Memory Init]================================================== ============
Memory Initialized (Maximum)
================================================== =============================
**** Incorrect parameters [] exiting...
Exit signalled
PatcherUpdate thread shut down successful
Solid PatcherLibDecode exiting...
Memory usage -- Maximum ( 0.01m) Current ( 0.00m)
Memory allocs -- Maximum ( 23) Current ( 0)
====[Memory Remove]================================================== ==========
Maximum Memory in use (23 / 9k)
================================================== =============================
Successful Exit [1]...