Reporting Players

First Riot Post
12345678 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bane

07-20-2009

I think the bottom line that everyone in the beta (and to be honest in all games =\) needs to follow is just be respectful to the other players - you have nothing to lose and everything to gain from doing this. If someone is on your team and they are new or aren't doing that well, then give them some pointers! Harrassing them or complaining isn't going to do you or them any good at all and most likely will make them frustrated and play worse or even make them leave. The point of the beta is to help the developers improve the game so that it is balanced and fun to play and if someone is disrespected during a game, they may not play in the beta anymore and that person's input will be lost thus leading to the exact opposite point of the beta. When playing Dota I personally hate it when this happens and it ruins the game for me. I unfortunately have not had the chance yet to play in the beta =( but I know that if everyone just practices this simple concept you 1. Will have an overall more enjoyable time playing 2. People will respect you more and 3. You will aid the devs in creating what I am hoping to be the best game ever created.

Bane out.

Psychoblade

07-20-2009

This would be fantastic if there where a chat log . Because trying to focus on the game and then trying to get a screen shot before the text dissipates kinda sucks. And as for the reported people. Do they receive an email letting them know that they have broken the rules ect. Or is it a kinda you will know when your gone kinda deal.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

07-20-2009
5 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
If you see people who are WAY out of line in the way they speak and behave, please send a screenshot to beta@riotgames.com

We WILL be banning people who are excessively offense, racist, vulgar, etc.

-Pendragon
Just to provide some examples of proper/improper comments:

"I hear Koreans are pretty awesome at Starcraft!" --> acceptable
"Americans are really friendly people!" --> acceptable
"People from Egypt built the pyramids!" --> acceptable

Okay, I'm going to stop there so I don't get banned.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

07-20-2009
6 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by youthere View Post
I saw that Larias guy sexually harassing new players, I think something must be done about this. He lures them to his training games, the way a pervert lures kids into their vans with candy, and then... dirty things happen. XD
It's only sexual harassment if:
1) Not both consenting adults
OR
2) Not desired by both parties
AND
No room exists where one or the other has a formal relationship to the other that could be used to unfairly help them over other qualified individuals.

SuckMyWang

Recruiter

07-20-2009

Ok so I feel I have to address this so back story incoming.

Started playing Dota 6 years ago under the name ShindarDaReaver the players were the most offensive community of gamers I had ever played with so three months into playing when I had got a fair bit better I changed my name to SuckMyWang as I do not **** talk in game and it was my f you to all those that do, after that I have been making my name the same in all competives games and many people know me by this name, its my internet game identity and being that the name has never had trouble making it through any filter and I try to be a helpful member of the community I would appreciate keeping it, which is what would have happen if I was not in beta trying to do my part.

I find it funny that Adonis reported me as he likes playing with me invites me to games and stops in my vent channel to see if I am available to play, and has never seen me be vulgar or offensive in game as I do not do it.

And last thanks Ihmstine for sticking up for me.

Larias

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

07-20-2009

He was joking bro, he was joking. But if you are ages 12-17 we may be able to take your name literally

SCV

07-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZileasAKATcadwell View Post
"Americans are really friendly people!" --> acceptable
Lol'd

SuckMyMonkey

Adjudicator

07-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larias View Post
He was joking bro, he was joking. But if you are ages 12-17 we may be able to take your name literally

lol'd too.

Don't see alot of j/k in Adonis's post though.

NinjaDEN

07-20-2009

For the most part this entire declaration is acceptable. However the proof needs to be extensive. Some people like to be humorous and in their own way. Taking multiple screenshots or video clip is enough proof. If it happens once by accident or for comedy then it if fine. If it for real then give a fair warning. If it continues or is a occurrence in multiple sessions then it is liable. Like most people have been saying. Beta's are suppose to clean even if it is the 'Pre'.

Instances:

"Haha, you noob!"
"%&%$#$ Don't get in my way noob"
All this and etc where it is purposely put on is wrong.

"God $%^#@#$ Damnit, freaking noobs"
"Sorry for the cursing"
If he or she apologizes for his behavior it is not wrong. Because more likely he or she did not mean it.

Igloopiss

07-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDEN View Post
For the most part this entire declaration is acceptable. However the proof needs to be extensive. Some people like to be humorous and in their own way. Taking multiple screenshots or video clip is enough proof. If it happens once by accident or for comedy then it if fine. If it for real then give a fair warning. If it continues or is a occurrence in multiple sessions then it is liable. Like most people have been saying. Beta's are suppose to clean even if it is the 'Pre'.

Instances:

"Haha, you noob!"
"%&%$#$ Don't get in my way noob"
All this and etc where it is purposely put on is wrong.

"God $%^#@#$ Damnit, freaking noobs"
"Sorry for the cursing"
If he or she apologizes for his behavior it is not wrong. Because more likely he or she did not mean it.

No offense intended, but that's a load of ****. An apology doesn't excuse all behaviour.
*edit* I could use hyperbole to further make my point, but just because someone apologizes for being a jerk or being purposefully offensive doesn't make their actions okay. Typing takes more effort than speaking, think before you type some rude bidness.

12345678 ... 11