Problems with Item Database

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xzereus

05-19-2010

I've been using the Items database a lot recently, and came across two severe issues with it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ISSUE 1: Inconsistent Descriptions

The first issue is that there does not seem to be a norm for how items are shown. An example is when comparing:

Youmuu's Ghostblade
(http://www.leagueoflegends.com/items...u_s_ghostblade)

and
Trinity Force
(http://www.leagueoflegends.com/items.../trinity_force)
For Trinity Force, you'll notice that it shows the 3 items required to build it, as well as the items required to build those; however, when you look at Youmuu's Ghostblade, it does not show the child item for Avarice Blade. This problem exists in many other forms with other items as well. Another example is that some items say "UNIQUE Passive:" , while others say "Unique Passive:" or just "Passive".

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ISSUE 2: Incorrect Child Trees and Descriptions

Just by viewing Youmuu's Ghostblade, you'll notice the other severe issue: Some items are just wrong. The descriptions are old, the child items aren't updated, etc. Right now, in game, The Brutalizer requires TWO Long Swords to build; in the database, it apparently only requires one Long Sword. This same problem exists across a plethora of items, and I'm attempting to compile a list of these items. This is a bit difficult, though, since I have to be in game to see the REAL requirements/descriptions of items.

I see both of these issues as severe, considering a database is no real database if the items aren't correct. This prevents people from using the database for reliable information when creating builds, linking from guides, building calculators, and really anything else that makes a database useful.

Thanks for reading my post, and if you would like to help me compile the list of correct item descriptions, including child item trees, leave a note!

Sincerely,
Xzereus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MarkHark

06-19-2010

I don't know it this only happens with me, but clicking on any item in database gets me "The requested page could not be found."

As of now, is there any way to review item requirements PRIOR to starting a game?