Do you want a surrender option in Dominion?

Yes 158 28.37%
No 337 60.50%
I do not care or I am undecided 62 11.13%
Voters: 557. You may not vote on this poll

Do you want a surrender option in Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zenbear

08-31-2011

Games aren't very long why bother?

HarryHayes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritotamar View Post
Would a surrender still be stupid if you were playing a 4v5?

No

Removing the surrender option would be forcing people to play in games they can't possibly win due to forces beyond their control.
As someone else said, if you are playing 4v5 in dominion, the game would be over in less than 15 minutes, and if it isnt, then you still got a chance to beat the other team.

I dont really think Surrender is usefull in this mod, that's all.

Flamecloak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadarok View Post
Surrender is NOT needed. The average game time stated by Riot is 20 minutes. That's the time you have to wait on Summoner's Rift before you can surrender. If you are losing bad enough in Crystal Scar that surrendering would be "appropriate" that game will be over well under 20 minutes anyways form loss of points.

Plus this game type seems to have a better chance for great comebacks. If a team can bring it together it is very possible to hold your points indefinitely and beat your opponents. Getting rid of the Surrender option in Crystal Scar will help remove the mentality of "Surrendering when things look bad" and make players try for the comebacks that are much more possible than in Summoner's Rift. Which then could in-turn make for even more exciting games.
Couldn't be said any better than this. But I do want to add that if you are being trolled by 2 or more people, do you really think they will click yes to surrender? Their votes count too, and I really doubt they'll let you out that easy. I'd rather have the no surrender, but If it must be implemented than I would agree with the 25min mark like many have previously stated.

KatarinaCatKitty

08-31-2011

No, games already will only be lasting about 20 mins so there shouldn't be a surrender button. Now let's say it lasts 40 mins. Well that means the cap points are even so the game is balanced and I really don't want/need more noobs surrendering a fair balanced game.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

08-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeZero1 View Post
There could be an additional feature to punish leavers: if someone leaves a game, they are linked to that game as long as that game is still under way. That means leavers have 2 options: reconnect to the game or wait for the game to finish. No longer could they leave and queue for another one right away!! That option could be applied to Summoner's Rift and Twisted Treeline too.
This is already the case; if you've ever been disconnected from a game, you'll notice that you can only reconnect, you can't even view your profile. This means you can't even make plans for your next game, you're committed to the game you're in, or you're not playing League of Legends for the duration.

Maya Fey

08-31-2011

There is no reason not to have a surrender feature. The entire team has to agree, why would you get rid of it?

Will it be situational? I sure hope so. Do we need to get rid of it? No.

TB Wolf

09-01-2011

I think either make it so EVERYONE has to vote yes, or remove it altogether. That's the way it should be in TT and SR as well.

TB Wolf

09-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerfaust View Post
This is already the case; if you've ever been disconnected from a game, you'll notice that you can only reconnect, you can't even view your profile. This means you can't even make plans for your next game, you're committed to the game you're in, or you're not playing League of Legends for the duration.
I think he was being sarcastic >.>

09-01-2011

bump

LunarNall

09-01-2011

Don't see why not, or at least have one team with all points automatically win if they hold em for long enough. No fun for a completely outmatched team to have to play for the whole duration