Do you want a surrender option in Dominion?

Yes 158 28.37%
No 337 60.50%
I do not care or I am undecided 62 11.13%
Voters: 557. You may not vote on this poll

Do you want a surrender option in Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wozniack

Senior Member

08-30-2011

why are we polling b4 we've even play a single game?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LimitsBane

Senior Member

08-31-2011

i think that there should be a surrender option (but not until 18-20 mins).... but hey just like summoners rift there will always be two noobs who just refuse to surrender even when the score is 6/75 (that happened to me once all 6 kills were mine btw)...

i mean srsly i would like a surrender option but there will always be the people who type in the chat
"but its still fun" or " surrendering is noob"

so in summary a surrender option would be nice (to counter trolls) but as in normal games it will be rendered almost useless by noobs.... curse thier name


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FreedmAngl

Senior Member

08-31-2011

bump


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stinglock

Senior Member

08-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverlordofOP View Post
i think that there should be a surrender option (but not until 18-20 mins).... but hey just like summoners rift there will always be two noobs who just refuse to surrender even when the score is 6/75 (that happened to me once all 6 kills were mine btw)...

i mean srsly i would like a surrender option but there will always be the people who type in the chat
"but its still fun" or " surrendering is noob"

so in summary a surrender option would be nice (to counter trolls) but as in normal games it will be rendered almost useless by noobs.... curse thier name
You enjoy using the n word, don't you. It's funny to see the kind of players who use that word and how they generally act and play and the type of stuff they say.

The surrender option should be replaced with uninstall for people who use the n word like it's going out of fashion when you can't surrender at 10 minutes due to someone giving first blood.

In summary,

You should learn not to run from challenges, instead of raging, crying noob, and posting your surrender vote over and over again. Stop, relax, enjoy the game, and rise to the challenge, you cal also help the other players out, it's obvious they could do with pointers and tips if you finsih the game with all the kills and no assists.

But hey, I'm sure you'd much rather call them all noobs and trolls and be done with it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Greenpanther

Junior Member

08-31-2011

Theoretically a game of dominion could go on forever right? What if a premade team made sure to have two capture points and the 3rd always neutral? That's the only reason I would need a surrender button as well. Plus being down 1-2 players is not much fun and a waste of time unless you like to play and be outnumbered(which some might like but most want an even matchup...)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FireMageLynn

Senior Member

08-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenpanther View Post
Theoretically a game of dominion could go on forever right? What if a premade team made sure to have two capture points and the 3rd always neutral? That's the only reason I would need a surrender button as well. Plus being down 1-2 players is not much fun and a waste of time unless you like to play and be outnumbered(which some might like but most want an even matchup...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarxis View Post
Not possible, minions capture points
I think there should be a surrender option for if your over 20 minutes and got other stuff to do


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Captain Alejo

Senior Member

08-31-2011

It depends on how fast the timers tick down.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TimeZero

Senior Member

08-31-2011

As i said in the previous thread, each team starts with 500 point and in the scenario where it is 3v2 cap points, you lose 1 point each second so 500 seconds = 8 mins and 20 seconds.

In a case of 4v1 cap points you lose 2 points each second for an even faster game. Could be under 7 minutes, but that's what we would call a "rape".

Without a surrender there is no way out for bad players or people who always abandon any hope too fast....if you want a Surrender Option then it's plain simple...STAY IN SUMMONER'S RIFT AND GTFO OF DOMINION!!

There could be an additional feature to punish leavers: if someone leaves a game, they are linked to that game as long as that game is still under way. That means leavers have 2 options: reconnect to the game or wait for the game to finish. No longer could they leave and queue for another one right away!! That option could be applied to Summoner's Rift and Twisted Treeline too.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tritotamar

Senior Member

08-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryHayes View Post
Surrender in Dominion would be stupid.

I've seen the matches, and its true that no one knows who's gonna win until the end.

So, i would leave it without Surrender and see what happens, and add it later on if it simply doesnt work.
Would a surrender still be stupid if you were playing a 4v5?

No

Removing the surrender option would be forcing people to play in games they can't possibly win due to forces beyond their control.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FireMageLynn

Senior Member

08-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeZero1 View Post
As i said in the previous thread, each team starts with 500 point and in the scenario where it is 3v2 cap points, you lose 1 point each second so 500 seconds = 8 mins and 20 seconds.

In a case of 4v1 cap points you lose 2 points each second for an even faster game. Could be under 7 minutes, but that's what we would call a "rape".
Given that, I don't understand how games can last 20 mins >.< (hypothetically, of course)