Heimer Rework

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wilkopolis

08-29-2011

TL;DR - Buff Heimer

All this is what I would do without thinking too deeply
This is what I would do to make heimer more fun/better.

When I first saw Heimer I fell in love. He has my favorite joke in the game and his turrets are such a cool mechanic. When the reworks first started, his missiles got less op, his turrets got improved a bit, and his grenade was pretty consistent.

Unfortunately most roles of champs in srs bisness games are tanks, casters, supports, ad carries, and/or junglers.

Heimer is not one of these, and most champions are not made to conform to strict niches.

He would best be described as caster/support but mostly I just see people stack AP and disintegrate people with his combo, or die. I would make Heimer less rewarding for stacking AP, more rewarding for stacking some tank/utility, and make him slightly less threatening one on one, but more useful. I feel he would be a much more fun champ with greater options if his abilities were broadened a bit and overall buffed (a little).

Passive - Grants regen to allied structures/creeps/turrets/champs/nexus.

This is a good concept but the fact that he can regen the health of turrets (big ones) makes him a bit... unique. It doesn't have a large enough impact to break anything, but the idea that with a slow enough game at a large enough stalemate, Heimer could just make rounds to all the turrets and win just by regening their health while the other team is powerless to pushing. It is just an unfair advantage, but again, it?s not large enough to make a real difference. Maybe its an advantage to Heimer, maybe its a bug. I don't know, I am indifferent. I would take away the ability to heal big turrets and maybe add the ability to reduce the duration of CC on allies by 10% or give 20 tenacity.

Dem Turrets - : !

They do okay damage, good damage if you are fed as hell. But they do have little presence most of the time and the AI is half-derp (dramatically improved though). Heimer was my most played champ, but I didn't find him as fun after the reworks. I think his role as a support caster would be improved if the turrets had a greater presence at all points in the game.

I feel they should target like towers (I think they do right now (or maybe enemy champs, all the time, instantly)), have a lot more health and resist, cost less mana, do much more base damage but the AP scaling should be cut in half 0.1. Also the number of turrets should be brought back up to 5 (More base damage, less AP scaling but more turrets can make for a lot more damage). The 2 that do good damage now just seem to have such a small window of impact. 5 that do less damage, are tankier, are more spamable (mana-wise, keep the same cooldown), and do not reward damage stacking as much, would be much more useful than the 2 glass cannons. The additional map control and less burst would make him more of a support player and less of a roaming death squad. I also think it is important to have 5 turrets with a very real tactical application. Instead of having 2 glass cannons that offer a moderate deterrent to squishies, have 5 turrets that would punish teams that ignore their tactical application and/or become a larger threat/bigger target. 5 turrets are just more fun than 2 turrets anyway. 1 turret per level, more turret health/resist per level, debuff at level 2, and AOE at level 4. That is what I would do.

And for the love of god please give me an actual cooldown timer, like the ones on every other skill so I know when my turrets are coming up. Please.

Mustache Rockets - He fires them, from under his mustache.

I would increase base damage, AP ratio is adequate, increase mana cost, make the cool down a bit longer, and have him fire 4 or 5 still targeting everything.

Grenade - More ranged damage but this time AOE. :{

It has great range, does good damage, and I think the stun size and duration are appropriate as well as the blind, I would change it up a bit though. I would reduce the cooldown and mana cost; making it more spamable, make it fly faster, increase the blind radius a little, and tone the damage down a little. I think the fact it has 2 forms of CC is the most important part of the skill if he is to be more support based rather than nuke based.

His Ult - Alright Stop, Heimer Time.

The passive CDR it provides is very good for the role I'd want to give him. I think it should actively add a slow (to some degree) to his rockets and grenade, or it could increase the damage actively on his other skills, or it could actively make all of his skills cost no mana to cast, or it could actively make him and his turrets tankier, or some combination of all of these. I feel Heimer's Ult's active is so lame and that if it made him do more damage or slow more or tank more, it would make Heimer have such a large presence in team fights and the game in general. Right now, Brand or Soraka would destroy any Heimer in a solo lane. And at level 6, if there was any question of that Brand vs Heimer or Soraka vs Heimer being a close lane, Heimer would be blown away because his Ult is currently so lame.

Without being too redundant I feel that Heimer was not sufficiently remade and I would suggest these changes to make him more fun/better. I feel he should be less nuke and more support and useful. Be it cc, map control, or aura's I would make him a more useful champion. I would also increase his base damages and reward building tank/utility but not remove the ability to blow people up with AP entirely.

kalyptö

08-29-2011

bump

VoidBro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-29-2011

So many buffs.
this will surely make him OP

kalyptö

08-30-2011

agreed i just want some of them i just want him to be viable again no op just viable

SJ Mastodon

08-30-2011

This would make him a lil op, i would just like better scaling and range on his towers, the enemy ranged minons shouldnt be able to hit and kill our towers, becuase they have LONGER range. Seems kinda stupid, and his E is a skill shot dont use it if you dont have the skill lol.

Cornbread454

08-30-2011

tanker dinger is nice and all but being a glass cannon keeps ya on your toes any decent assassin and you go down hard use abilitys to poke from extreame range which dinger has

stop thinking dinger is just another mage he is best classified as zone control when dinger wants you to stay out of an area you are probably not gonna be able to get in that area with out serrious punishment and therefore instant death from one of his allies

i have found his best role is to burn down enemys pre-team fight and once the enemy has a weakness to exploit (usualy a near death carry i comboed over a wall) we pounce and steamroll them

Wilkopolis

09-03-2011

In hindsight I agree that this could make him a bit too powerful. But I'm not gonna bother rethinking it; I leave balance to the digression of the Riot Staff :x

Ramlock

09-12-2011

i have another suggestions for him
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1215338