[Guide] Meta's Guide to a Well-Rounded Akali

123456 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Meta

05-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guias View Post
Lol, nice guide meta, I just noticed it after I posted mine and was like "****it! He beat me to it."

Mines a little more condensed though

A lot of time and effort was put into this and it looks pretty brilliant. Good work.
One of the wonderful things about Akali is that there's many ways to play her. I completely swear by my build, but I've seen enemy Akalis do really well with other builds as well.

Also, it's probably good that there's more condensed guides out there. I know for a fact some people are going to look at my guide, immediately think "tl;dr", and move on. I wrote my guide for the person who really wants to get into Akali and is interested in learning in-depth strategies. I hope to continue expanding it as time goes on as well. I've been playing LoL since August, and I think this is the first time I've been this passionate about a champion. Riot hit my sweet spot with Akali

Sacrolicious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-19-2010

I completely see where you are coming from, it wasn't until akali that i found a champ that fit me. She's pretty much everything I was looking for.

Temlam

05-19-2010

you know i was being silly and not paying attention to items. I was perticularly thinking of one game at the time and i actually had a lot of extra gold if I wasnt beating their nexus to death now that I think of it hehe.

My stats:
Victory, 17/7/22
rage/swift/rylais/sunfire/sunfire/blasting wand

defeat, 4/7/3
rage/swift/belt/blasting

victory, 15/0/4
tome, rage, swift, IE lol

defeat, 1/14/3....don't ask heh. I had disagreements with an extremely aggressive lane mate wanting me to "be agressive". I was and got killed early on, then he's like "I was joking" and the rest was from being 4 levels lower than the other **** team, along with crappy team coordination. guy was on my friends list and removed me cause of this game...hehe

victory, 8/3/7
rage/mercury/rylais/tiamat

victory, 7/4/5
ghost blade, swift, rage, blasting, tome

defeat, 5/9/9
rage, rylais, swift, bloodthirster

obviously I've been messing with builds. Hope this info helps anyone draw any conclusions (though doubtfull...this is cause I'm bored mostly)

Meta

05-20-2010

Added my guide to LeagueCraft, for those of you who prefer that format. I find it easier to read on there, since here it's kind of a daunting wall-of-text:
http://www.leaguecraft.com/strategies/guide/2542

EpicHero

05-22-2010

my build for alkali is

Long sword + hp pot
The brutalizer
sorcerer boots.
Youmuu's Ghostblade
Guinsoo's Rageblade --- for the extra attack speed boost and dmg.
Rylai's Crystal Scepter --- ap boost and health for survival.

by this time if the game is not over, i would improvise on what to get.

The brutalizer --------- i get this for the cooldown. the cool down helps allowing you to hit and run very efficiently, alkali is a very skill dependent character, so it would only make since to buy cooldown right?

Youmuu's Ghostblade ------- this is for the atk speed and running speed. this build lacks movement speed, and if your 2nd skill fails and flash. this would help greatly to run away, break towers, team fight, ect.

in this game one second can MEAN everything between life and death. so ghostblade will help tremendously.

please tell me your personal thoughts about this build. and your thoughts about improvement would be greatly appreciated.

Meta

05-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicHero View Post
please tell me your personal thoughts about this build. and your thoughts about improvement would be greatly appreciated.
The first thing I notice is that you wait a LONG time to get any sort of survivability stats. Personally, I notice my ability to gank skyrocket once I get a giant's belt, simply because I'm able to take more risks and outlast more opponents.

I also really prefer some sort of slow instead of a movement-increase. A Frozen Mallet or Rylai's gives Akali some utility where she lacks it. She's able to help her team chase and lock down squishies much better.

I don't like committing to Sorc Boots, because it seems like about 90% of the time I see enough CC on the other team to need Merc Treads. Looking at your profile it seems like you always to sorc boots no matter what.

Another thing I feel like I should point out, in one of your games you went 2 Rylai's. Keep in mind that they don't stack, so it's kind of a waste of gold getting a 2nd one. If I wanted more AP, I'd probably go Zhonya's and if I wanted more survivability I'd get Guardian's angel.

Also, your leaves make me sad

EpicHero

05-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta View Post
The first thing I notice is that you wait a LONG time to get any sort of survivability stats. Personally, I notice my ability to gank skyrocket once I get a giant's belt, simply because I'm able to take more risks and outlast more opponents.

Another thing I feel like I should point out, in one of your games you went 2 Rylai's. Keep in mind that they don't stack, so it's kind of a waste of gold getting a 2nd one. If I wanted more AP, I'd probably go Zhonya's and if I wanted more survivability I'd get Guardian's angel.

well surviving with alkali is easy. your throw up a bubble, sit in there for a few seconds and run the other way of your opponent. or if your being chased down, throw a bubble behind you and keep running. and hey flashing while in a bubble works GREAT for me.
and the ghostblade, i use that to escape from enemies.
the only champions that most likely would kill me using this method is Trydamere because of his chicken head skill and yi because of his crazy speed boost.

and the rylai stack was because i was still new to ap charecters. so i didn't know what to get.

anyways my leave disappoints you but look at my score, there's not one game where i got less kills then death with alkali, and we played together last time, i did really good remember?

Meta

05-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicHero View Post
well surviving with alkali is easy. your throw up a bubble, sit in there for a few seconds and run the other way of your opponent.
The bubble doesn't make her immune to damage altogether. She's still very susceptible to AOE's, and is prone to being hit by burst attacks whenever she becomes revealed.

Personally, I find a certain margin of HP is necessary to get past the initial AOE burst and allow her to stay the entire duration of the fight.

Many guides suggest even tankier builds than the one I use, so I know I'm not alone on this.

Quote:
and the ghostblade, i use that to escape from enemies.
A 4-second speed boost isn't very much. Also, Ghostblade comes with stats Akali doesn't really need (ie: Crit). I personally just don't see this as a worthwhile purchase.

Quote:
anyways my leave disappoints you but look at my score, there's not one game where i got less kills then death with alkali, and we played together last time, i did really good remember?
I don't remember playing with you in all honesty, but I'm really bad with names so who knows.

Even still, I don't have a lot of respect for leavers. It's good you perform well in games that are going your way, but I still don't feel like that gives you the right to ditch out on the games that aren't. Just my 2c.

EpicHero

05-23-2010

well i'll just test out your item build then, and see how it works.

Str1k3r

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-23-2010

Meta is an insane Akali. Follow his advice spot on.

123456 ... 12