Fiora vs. Thornmail

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Calibretto9

03-25-2013

So, I was goofing around with Fiora last night in top lane in a normals game. Got paired up against a Garen. Stomped him pretty hard going 2-0 against him before the 10 minute mark and destroying him in CS. But, he got a gank, got some farm and came back eventually with a Thornmail. I'm no Fiora pro but damn, it really stumped me.

Garen isn't an easy match up for Fiora in the first place but against Thornmail, what do? I had a fair amount of lifesteal with Ravenous Hydra and a Vamp Scepter (tried to out heal the Thornmail damage) but it wasn't enough. Let me know if there's a solution other than a lane swap or if Fiora is just boned if her opponent builds that.

Dpaladinx

03-25-2013

Thornmail is easily countered with a good amount of lifesteal. Also, Thornmail's damage reflection is magic based, so build something like Mercury Schimitar and Wit's End to counteract it.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2013

Against Garen? You're screwed as Fiora, honestly. Dpaladin has it right, though when it comes to what you can do. Wits end helps your ult do damage, as well. If you build a Bork-Wits End - > Hydra you should be able to counterreact the thornmail. As for killing Garen, you need your team to do that once he gets some tanky items.

Dpaladinx

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph´roth View Post
Against Garen? You're screwed as Fiora, honestly. Dpaladin has it right, though when it comes to what you can do. Wits end helps your ult do damage, as well. If you build a Bork-Wits End - > Hydra you should be able to counterreact the thornmail. As for killing Garen, you need your team to do that once he gets some tanky items.
Yeah I almost forgot about BoTRK. Rushing BoTRK greatly counters Thornmail.

Now if that Garen also built Randuin's, expect yourself to be screwed.

Calibretto9

03-25-2013

Ok, nice. I had the lifesteal down pat but I just need a little MR to reduce the effect of the reflected damage. Cool, thanks.

StrmCkr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2013

garen is an easy match up for fiora regardless of what he buys. there is a few different ways to go with firora below is more passive aggressive focused, if garen is aggressive reflex cast riposte{perry} and punish him for it and chase down with QQ E combos rince and repeat.

{ i also have several passive farming/trading builds that work effectively}
check my profile out for those.

i run all Armour pen marks and quins coupled with cdr glyphs. and flat armour seals. on a 21|9|0 mastery build.

maxing perry first to reflect his silence damage on the fly {as it casts faster} you can also perry his ult as well, { you want the cool down as low as u can for this match up}

skill order is W E Q WWR

if he silences before impact trigger perry and activate speed boast on E {which triggers 1 stack} allowing u to out walk his spin. and gives u a stack on your passive regen.

from then when silences wheres off u you can initiate back on him for hp passive Regen at max stacks ->> wiht Q auto auto Q to a minion or him again to back off keep pursuing.

in lane open off with long sword + 2 pots into a brutalize -> hydra rush -> last whisper and Garens pretty much forced to watch from his tower thus starved exp and farm at the same time effectively zoning him quickly is key to this lane.

even if garen rushes firecape or thronmail its any easy lane with heavy armour pen and lifesteal splash via hydra.

my full build for fiora is:

black cleaver, bloodthirster, boots of ionia {cdr is huge for firoa}, scimatar{qss item}, last whisper, hydra.

build order is brutalize -> hydra ->boots -> bt/lw {lw verses heavy Armour} -> bt/lw - upgrade boots -> qss -> scimatar

another hint is that hydra splashes onto Garen, don't attack directly hit mions to hurt him and take no thornmail damage.

another alternative tank buster items are: witts end, bork,

Armour isnt much of an issue lw bc effectively reduces 100 Armour down to zero, what really matters is hit points thus the real counter to fiora is Rad's omen + warmogs.

if they go that direction pick up a bork as ap.