LoL, DOTA 2, HoN

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IAMIMP

12-26-2011

So the Dota2 is not out yet why it showed in mobafire? and so is there any place to get ftp Dota or ptp or wait for the Dota2 whens it out, even though I stick in lol as my friends are playing it.

Templar2k7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2011

^ dota 2 beta is out Invite only

Lance Eliot

12-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipHopIsDead View Post
Hello community, I've been playing league for about a year and a half now and today i just noticed on mobafire that there was DOTA 2 and RoTT coming out and also saw that there was HoN. Can someone please tell me the differences of these games, such as free to play, which is better in your opinions, and anything else you feel would help me decide which game I should start or stick with LoL.
Well, personally, I think you should give them all a chance because they all have their own appeals.

DotA2 is a massive feature upgrade to the original dota. The only real problems with DotA1 were the Warcraft 3 engine, lack of matchmaking, poor key binds that required outside programs to fix, no match rejoining, etc. With all of these flaws fixed and new tools added in, the classic game will transition very well into the competition.

HoN started as a clone of DotA. Over time, it has evolved into a very different game, thanks to new hero concepts and balance changes. For reference, HoN is a much more gank-oriented game than DotA. Melee hardcarries are nearly unviable outside of casual play, and semi-carries and gankers rule the scene.

Realm of the Titans is BRILLIANT. I love it. It's the most innovative moba on the market, thanks to a new map, interesting hero designs, and completely new mechanics. Each tower is replaced by two towers which are defensively weaker but offensively stronger in order to shorten matches and prevent towerdiving. There are basically four Baron Nashors (2 per team). Killing one causes it to push midlane as an ultimate creep, rather than giving you a buff. I absolutely recommend that you give this game a chance when it returns, because if it manages to appeal to you, it becomes addicting.

Edit:

Avoid Rise of Immortals. It has no redeeming qualities.

HoN and Realm of the Titans use a free to play system. DotA2 is currently undecided, though there was a dev blog leaning towards a p2p, supposedly.