Spell Crit?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malystryx

09-14-2009

I have been reading the forums lately. And I have come across so information that I am not sure about. Is Riot putting out and item that allows your spells to crit? If this is true won't it throw off the whole balance of the game. From what I understand, spells can't crit and melee attack can (which is balanced to me; considering that ability scales way higher then attack power). Correct me if I am wrong. But I am really wondering if it is true that Riot is putting out and item that allows you to crit with your spells. That seems really unbalanced to because I usually already hit 900-1000 damage with a number of nukes.

looney

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2009

I agree that with spell crit we won't need "carrys" with auto attack, and nukers will be game breaking even on late game.
Though I think a 1.5x crit bonus for spells (with around 25% crit chance) will be a good option, instead of the normal 2.0x for attacks (which can also scale with infity edge and runes to 3.0x crit bonus and 60%+ crit chance)

Malystryx

09-14-2009

But if you rune your champion right; you can already get a really decent bonus to your crits. So if they put an item out there that allows spells to crit would cause some serious damage to LoL. In general currently nukes hit hard because they can't crit. But when you add that crit chance to spells; I feel you would need to lower the spell power of each ability (considering ability power scales so hard).

theqn

09-14-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinsoo View Post
Alright, looks like Spell Crit wins. I think the defense/ability power one was the coolest of them all, but that's okay. This item will not be in next week's patch.
Oracle's Hood
Requires Cloak of Agility, Sage's Ring, and upgrade (600ish).

Gives +25% Critical Chance, +25% Critical Damage, +600 Mana, and your Magic Damage can crit, dealing 25% extra damage (uses your Critical Chance stat).
must love guinsoo

Vins

09-14-2009

lol with that item annie will own every champion considering her 3 seconds cool down spells^^people will start QQ-ing again!

Gimpb

09-14-2009

Ashe: lulz, volley of doom!
Trynd: yes, I really did crit you for that much
Veigar: You'd best run, Ryze, I just 1-shot singed a couple mins ago
Ryze: Whatchu talkin about Veigar, better be quick on the draw... I got 4 a dem things and my auto attack does damage*(2+.25*4)*(1+.25*4)=damage*6=pwned

Soot

09-14-2009

LOL if they make an item that causes spells to crit, then it is GG Casters. Man oh man, I'm salivating already at running an AP/Crit build on a 800+ AP Veigar... The devestation.... The carnage!

ERazER

09-14-2009

It's just a chance for 25% extra damage, which is nothing compared to the 100% to 250%+ for normal attacks and the item is intended for battle mages, because it would be pointless to stack +crit chance items on a caster just for a 25% damage increase, while stacking AP will give you much more.

Xarteck

09-14-2009

i like it!
remember that attacks is way faster and you sakrefice ap to get it!
werry good 4 somone that use bouth AP and attaks like an physical eve or nunu

Leksu

09-14-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERazER View Post
It's just a chance for 25% extra damage, which is nothing compared to the 100% to 250%+ for normal attacks and the item is intended for battle mages, because it would be pointless to stack +crit chance items on a caster just for a 25% damage increase, while stacking AP will give you much more.
Agree on that. It's not such a big deal. It would make some champions even better, but it is nothing to cry about. The more different items Riot makes, the more excited builds you can make.

It would work well on Evelynn, Nunu and Kassadin since they use both AP and physical damage. It wouldn't be OP in any way. Lets take Nunu as an example.
Lets say a standard 500 bonus damage from AP and lvl 3 ulti on Nunu:
1000 + 500 x 0,25 = 375
1000 + 500 + 375 = 1875

Nunu will only get 375 bonus damage if he crits with his ulti with a standard 500 bonus damage build. So instead of 1500 damage, he will give 1875. Can't see the problem.