Who counters Nasus top?

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bARRtender

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-29-2011

QQ story to start: I was 1521 before this weekend, but hadn't played in a couple weeks so I was afraid of Elo decay taking my precious gold from me. I decided to play a few games figuring I would win either my first or second and stay in gold. Unfortunately I lost like 5 in a row and am now sad (and silver).

2 of the worst losses came from the other team having Nasus solo top. In both cases he was just allowed to farm his Q to ridiculous levels and dominated mid-game. The second game I was Cho'Gath against him top and couldn't really do much to counter him. I tried stunning to stop his Q (he just hit a different one instead), silencing to harass (passive lifesteal made it worthless), and asking for a gank (failed, but that was my fault for pushing too far). That game got me thinking about who I should have picked.

a) Ranged AP? Should the enemy team picking Nasus really be a call to change the standard lane setup? I'm not even sure if it would work with how well he can hide behind creeps and lifesteal with Q.
b) Jax? If you see Nasus you know he's melee and can't harass you back. Jax seems like a good pick here. Unfortunately he's kinda lackluster right now and I'm not sure he's strong enough to win the lane.
c) Some other super tank that will farm/sustain just as well? Maybe Irelia, but Nasus is scary and letting him get that farm seems dangerous.
d) ?????????

Any ideas?

Oh, and I'm not going to ban him. GP, Soraka, Orianna, Udyr, etc need to be banned first.

Thz

08-29-2011

Cho.

Creature

08-29-2011

Garen, I made it to 1520s already. I top solo'd with garen and destroyed every nasus

WAD loves Mio

08-29-2011

A jungle gank.

DropoftheGun

08-29-2011

REE SIHN.

He eats dogs like Nasus for breakfast.

note: not racist.

My Loan Money

08-29-2011

Irelia doesn't really counter nasus, if he feels threatened he will just wither you and use spirit fire to farm. Surprisingly Teemo is a good counter to him because blind dart can cause him to miss his Q and the persistent dot gradually drops his hp.

Timechild

08-29-2011

Everyone who can harras at a safe distance. Morde can outlane pretty much every melee champion. Renekton seesm like a good choise, since he can go in, W, Q, and go back before the enemy can react. Other than that every AP champion with movement abilities. Ezreal, Kennen, Katarina, Vlad.

Rebonack

08-29-2011

Udyr with Tiger Stance will rip him apart. He's not escaping from you and the frequency of the burst is way higher than his lifesteal can make up for.

Kennen with a Doren's Shield can harass him to death with impunity. Gang is a pretty solid pick as well. Garen eats him alive.

Basically? You want someone who can punish him every time he moves in for a last hit.

bARRtender

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thz View Post
Cho.
How?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crea7uRe View Post
Garen, I made it to 1520s already. I top solo'd with garen and destroyed every nasus
Garen's actually been getting banned recently. I was kinda surprised but the one I've played with did really well so I guess it makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAD loves Mio View Post
A jungle gank.
Junglers aren't always available. A bunch basically have to wait till 6. Even then it's unreliable to assume they'll gank your lane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropoftheGun View Post
Lee Sin
Unfortunately I don't have him. If I did would the plan be to harass the hell out of him, or farm up alongside?

Okay, so it looks like the answer is "pick a better harasser than Cho". Honestly after the game I was really thinking I should have picked Cassiopeia (I was good with her before the AoE bug). I suppose I was right.

BestScytherNA

08-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crea7uRe View Post
I beat Garen top as Nasus by kiting away during his spin with my W and then hitting minions with Q to lifesteal up. I get Aegis before Sheen just to make sure he can't hurt me.

As for the OP's dilemma, Denyplank works pretty well.... oh wait...

12345 ... 6