[Guide] Manliness and Misconceptions - A Guide to Tryn

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

peyo

06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurdokX View Post
-Additionally, Mocking shout can be used to detect hidden enemies in bushes/fogofwar since it activates once you get near an enemy champion.
works also for invisible champions

Devilsmile

06-03-2010

what about crit damage runes? im always buying zerker boots then exe calling+zeal for the extra movespeed, after that ghostblade or IE depending on the lenght of the game
(i have 35% bonus crit damage from runes)

peyo

06-03-2010

it was already calculated dozens times that Armor Pen works better than Crit Damage.
Stick to Crit % especially, as it's removed from base stats right now.

Devilsmile

06-03-2010

thanks for the advice, i think i need 14k ip x)

Razr

06-03-2010

I like your guide, and I'm a bit curious: what's your position on one or two Zeals if you have the money early game? They give you crit, a bit of attack speed, and some movement speed which seems to be good for trynd.

I'll be trying Trynd out when I get home now, thanks for writing this guide

Sehnder

06-03-2010

Some Tryndamere tricks of the trade I'd like to throw in....

1. Consider popping a health potion when undying rage is going to end. Oftentimes it is the extra 15 damage from the purple caster minion that finishes you off.

2. When playing against Karthus, it is a wise decision to buy a fortitude elixer... but don't drink it right away.

The elixir instantly heals you for the same amount of max HP you gain. If Karthus is trying to kill you from beyond the grave and rage is down, a quick swig of the elixir will keep you standing. While not cheap, it is a better decision than letting Karthus get the kill or playing defensively for fear of requiem.

3. You should always kill neutrals with your back to an area you spin through. For example, don't fight the dragon with your back to the river- fight it with your back to the South West wall. If something happens, you can beat a hasty retreat. In some cases I will have SS already selected and my cursor in position, if I know the enemy has good reaction time.

4. If you are being pushed back heavily, consider saving mocking shout for when the enemy is attacking your turret. This can buy you a few extra waves of creeps before your turret goes down.

5. Spinning Slash is faster than walking. When traveling you should be SSing the way there unless specific circumstances dictate otherwise.

6. With proper timing, you can consume bloodlust charges when your crit attack animation begins but before you get the charges for the attack. Useful if you are already at 8 charges and don't want to start over at 0.

7. Tryndamere's body is made up of 70% testosterone.

Mmm Whatcha Say

06-05-2010

I tried this guide and I like it For everyone moaning about costly runes: consider Tier 1 runes. They're hella cheap (30IP per piece of crit chance Mark/Seal/Glyph and 80IP per piece for crit% quint) and they give me about 10% crit chance (I'm level 27) and with +2% from Masteries gives me 12% right off the bat. I also buy Brawler gloves and 2 health potions at start so I can have 20% crit chance. Later I upgrade Brawler to Avarice (But now I'm considering Zeal or Exec Calling instead) which I keep it until I finish my core (Tier 2 boots, LW, IE) and then I upgrade it to Youmuu's.

There is one thing I'm considering:
-Putting 1st point into W for early clashes. -20 damage at start and 30% slow to save/chase could be more helpful than Q or E.

I also like how good I can harras in lane: spin to him, hit him, shout, than hit once or twice more. If I don't get crit he'll back off, if I do get crits he'll die.

Bitterz

06-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razr View Post
I like your guide, and I'm a bit curious: what's your position on one or two Zeals if you have the money early game? They give you crit, a bit of attack speed, and some movement speed which seems to be good for trynd.
I sometimes pick up a Zeal or two, but I never get them before finishing my Infinity Edge. The huge damage IE gives you is just so powerful that adding any items BEFORE it into the build really hinders the speed at which Tryn hits critical mass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsmile View Post
what about crit damage runes? im always buying zerker boots then exe calling+zeal for the extra movespeed, after that ghostblade or IE depending on the lenght of the game
(i have 35% bonus crit damage from runes)
Crit damage is pretty universally accepted as being inferior to armor pen right now. Check this thread out for maths:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=70173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmm Whatcha Say View Post
I tried this guide and I like it For everyone moaning about costly runes: consider Tier 1 runes. They're hella cheap (30IP per piece of crit chance Mark/Seal/Glyph and 80IP per piece for crit% quint) and they give me about 10% crit chance (I'm level 27) and with +2% from Masteries gives me 12% right off the bat. I also buy Brawler gloves and 2 health potions at start so I can have 20% crit chance. Later I upgrade Brawler to Avarice (But now I'm considering Zeal or Exec Calling instead) which I keep it until I finish my core (Tier 2 boots, LW, IE) and then I upgrade it to Youmuu's.
As much as I hate on early Avarice Blades, this is a viable suggestion for people who don't have a full set of crit runes but still want to run Tryn.

ThreeLittleBirds

06-09-2010

I'd advice getting phantom before infinity edge. I ran into a tryndamere once, he had phantom and i had infinity edge, I ended up running away like a little girl.

Grinning Monster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitterz View Post
As much as I hate on early Avarice Blades, this is a viable suggestion for people who don't have a full set of crit runes but still want to run Tryn.
If I may be so bold, I would suggest adding that bit to your guide. TL;DR about half, so you may have done so already. If so, pardon my ignorance.