[Guide] Manliness and Misconceptions - A Guide to Tryn

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bitterz

05-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoEco View Post
If they the enemy team have A LOT of stuns

For example, Blitz and TF? Cleanse cant remove stuns twice and your Ulti only last 6 seconds. If they used stun before you use it then you might die if you don't Cleanse. If you do Cleanse and use Ulti they might stun you again so your Ulti is wasted (half of it or something).
This is just part of the game, and something we all have to learn to deal with.

Blitz creates all sorts of headaches for Tryn, and has become one of the champs I most frown at when I see him across from me on the load screen. His ability to pick and choose fights, and isolate 1v5s, on top of the fact that he's **** hard to kill (even for late game Tryn) just plain makes him tough to play against.

But to answer your question more directly, the best way to beat a team with lots of CC is by gearing your team towards outlasting it.

My dream team looks like this:

1. AP Ezreal - for non-physical DPS and unfair amounts of healing
2. Blitz - for the reasons listed above
3. Tryn - duh
4. Kayle - built for AD
5. Zilean

On Kayle+Zilean: Used in conjunction with Tryn, Kayle+Zilean really force teams to burn through lots of CC, often giving your team the staying power to outlast everything the enemy can throw at you.

Imagine this:
Initiate with Blitz,
Engage with Tryn,
Tryn gets focused,
Zilean ult on Tryn
Tryn dies and rezzes
Kayle ult on Tryn
Tryn ult

All while Blitz, Kayle and Zilean throw what DPS they have to supplement Tryn + Ezreal's already very high damage output.

So what if Tryn doesn't get focused?

Well we all know what will happen if Tryn is left alone.

peyo

05-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitterz View Post
4. Kayle - built for AD
just no! AP Kayle works just so much better! Also, a good AP Janna would do really great as well.

EcoEco, I always wait till im low and go D+R quickly. If they stun me, fine, I won't kill them but I will rather manage to escape (quite hard to stun me for yet another 5sec.)
Getting no kill is better than getting no kill and dying :]

Quote:
Originally Posted by peyo
I've just played a game where the other team was: Taric, Alistar, Veigar, Warwick and Kasadin... It was god **** stun fest, but we managed to win - it was hard and we started with 10:0 for us...

Ontopic: Mercury Treads are your very best friend. I get them almost every game (changeable with Ninja Tabis) + I run Cleanse & Ghost. Don't use your Cleanse too early. I rather wait stunned and use it with my ulti when I am low, to have these 6s of confuse in the other team.

Samarkando

05-28-2010

So I was counting through the rune bonuses and I got to a point where I can't decide which runes to use.I'm gonna hit lvl 20 very soon and start using tier3 runes.Most liekly I will use +crit% Marks and Seals but I don't know about the Glyphs.

Greater Glyph of Malice(rank3 +crit% rune) adds +0.28% critical chance and if I was to buy all nine at some point I'd get an additional crit chance of 2.52% which to me seems very small compared to getting 9x Greater Glyph of Alacrity(+5.76% AS) or 9x Greater Glyph of Furor(+5.04% crit dmg).But maybe I'm not understanding some game mechanics here so could someone point out to me which would be better and why.Thank you.

OJ Da Juiceman

05-28-2010

not that i stack avarices.... but an asset pays itself off when you get profit = to price. this includes selling profit. so you can get benefit of avarice back in 12.5 minutes according to bitterz post of it taking 25. Is this a good way to strengthen trynd early game? I dont know. I would rather start with dorans, and get zeals.

I did try this build and it works just as well as almost any other trynd build.

Bitterz

05-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samarkando View Post
So I was counting through the rune bonuses and I got to a point where I can't decide which runes to use.I'm gonna hit lvl 20 very soon and start using tier3 runes.Most liekly I will use +crit% Marks and Seals but I don't know about the Glyphs.

Greater Glyph of Malice(rank3 +crit% rune) adds +0.28% critical chance and if I was to buy all nine at some point I'd get an additional crit chance of 2.52% which to me seems very small compared to getting 9x Greater Glyph of Alacrity(+5.76% AS) or 9x Greater Glyph of Furor(+5.04% crit dmg).But maybe I'm not understanding some game mechanics here so could someone point out to me which would be better and why.Thank you.
Because glyphs give so little crit, it's pretty reasonable to consider something else. Attack speed and crit damage aren't considerations I'd make, though.

For all practical purposes, armor pen will always be more beneficial than crit damage.
And 5% attack speed is virtually unrecognizable.

If you really want a different option for glyphs, consider cooldown reduction, or magic resist per level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OJ Da Juiceman
not that i stack avarices.... but an asset pays itself off when you get profit = to price. this includes selling profit. so you can get benefit of avarice back in 12.5 minutes according to bitterz post of it taking 25. Is this a good way to strengthen trynd early game? I dont know. I would rather start with dorans, and get zeals.
Whether you're selling them in 12 minutes, or keeping them for 25, Avarice Blades are itemized in such a way that you only directly benefit from half of their stats. If you want more crit earlier in the game, pick up your Cloak of Agility sooner.

That being said, if you're so set on Avarice Blades, I can concede picking up ONE, so long as you intend to turn it into a Ghostblade later in the game.

Wocman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-29-2010

Wow you were not kidding in LW, Zerkers, and IE are all you need jesus its awesome. This guide is working way too well for me and is SO much more efficient. +1 sir

TheMighty0ne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoEco View Post
If they the enemy team have A LOT of stuns

For example, Blitz and TF? Cleanse cant remove stuns twice and your Ulti only last 6 seconds. If they used stun before you use it then you might die if you don't Cleanse. If you do Cleanse and use Ulti they might stun you again so your Ulti is wasted (half of it or something).
True, but if they used all their stuns on you then there won't be any left for the rest of your team so that is actually a good thing.

baller03

05-31-2010

How would you counter thornmail as trynd?

Bitterz

05-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by baller03 View Post
How would you counter thornmail as trynd?
Thornmail can start to hurt later in the game. The damage it causes is magical damage, so magic resist can cushion it some, but at the end of the day, its just something you have to heal through and deal with.

In a best case scenario, when you're crit'n for 1k, thornmail is give'n 300 of that damage back to you. While that damage can stack up quickly, I have to feel like the other guy is going to die first...

Additionally, at phases of the game when Thornmail can actually come into play, 90% of engagements are going to be team fights, and your ultimate should be up for the majority of that time.

MurdokX

06-02-2010

Very great guide Bitterz! one thing i want to mention the power of mocking shout, sometimes if the opposing team are mostly "physical damagers"
- I max shout first and engage in team fights with -100damage(by level 9-10). Plus that 60%slow and on those "chicken-heads" is always satisfying.
-Additionally, Mocking shout can be used to detect hidden enemies in bushes/fogofwar since it activates once you get near an enemy champion.